Tesco Lotus Now In Chum Pae

in2fridge

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT :P

.. As of 19th Feb Tesco Lotus have opened a large store in Chum Pae on the main road (201) going out to Phu Kiao / Keang Khro.....

Only mention it as I don't live in Chum Pae , just happened to drive by..will be a lot easier than driving down to KK - mind you where will I get my Kettle Chips Fix *!?**

Congratulations You guys ARE growing.:D

Yeah,great...! That`s what I was thinking,no need to go all the way to Khon Kaen any moore..Well,as it turned out,some of the things I wanted was sold out,others they did not have in their sortiment,eg,Kavli crispbread and Hahne musli.To their credit,they did respond to my e-mail about this,and explained,that this is a small store,which can not have all the sortiment,that the bigger one´s have.OK,fair enough,but fact is,that this outlet has almost nothing for "farangs",nothing that you can´t already buy in other places in Chumpae.So,very disapointing,expected too much I guess....

Tesco have what I call their Bangkok stores and Issan stores and the Issan stores are useless for farangs. Now Big C as far as I know only has one type of store and it always has farang friendly merchandise.

As all Tesco are not the same throughout the Isaan region, makes sense to "market" towards the respected locale. One could even extend the same to the Big C chains - they're not similar to one another either.