Bar Inspections This Week

clinique

Just to let you all know.

Was out last night at a bar owned by aThai friend. There was a panic on !!!

Reason - there is a large inspection team in town from Bangkok. They will be inspecting all bars and entertainment venues over the next week to make sure thye comply with licencing, staffing, and all the other rules including trading hours..

Sounds like the annual "check up".

SO Iam sorry to say it seems some late night activity will be abit restricted for a week.

They arrived yesterday. Inspections started yesterday.

Saw them out in force on Thannon Sridornchai the other night. Must have been about 60 of them going in different establishments, including a special force - all 'decorated', some with red and others with green berets on. All communicating on walkies talkies. There were even 2 ambulances with the entourage.

Appreciate the heads-up. I'm not into the bar scene, but I know some who are and I'll pass this information on.

thanks venturelaw. If you know any of the farang bar owners might let them know too..

Another heads up related to question in another post -

The ambulance accompanying the BIB is for drug tests, normally for "staff" but customers are not exempt including farangs.

Also suggest anyone who does go out - make sure you are carrying ID- remember in Thailand it is required by law.

This is the NO-NONSENSE team from Bangkok so half pi*sed farangs offering the BIB 1-200 baht to go away is not recommended..

cheers

clinique

Appreciate the heads-up. I'm not into the bar scene, but I know some who are and I'll pass this information on.

thanks venturelaw. If you know any of the farang bar owners might let them know too..

Another heads up related to question in another post -

The ambulance accompanying the BIB is for drug tests, normally for "staff" but customers are not exempt including farangs.

Also suggest anyone who does go out - make sure you are carrying ID- remember in Thailand it is required by law.

This is the NO-NONSENSE team from Bangkok so half pi*sed farangs offering the BIB 1-200 baht to go away is not recommended..

cheers

clinique

I wonder if this could be a follow up over a certain hamburger and candy stand on Chang Moi?:whistling:

Not from what my Thai friend siad. It is just the annual check up - but he said it has been "beefed up" this year with strict enforcement expected. He was given the heads up ofcourse by his friendly local bibs, and when i was there last night he was busy putting up copies of licences, and making sure all his company and ID paperwork was ready at hand - also any staff that did not have their ID cards were sent home to get them.

My friend has been in business 15 years and he said this is the strictest he has seen it..

Apparently the inspection team is accompanied by some NGO people who work with illegal migration, people smuggling, prostitution etc....

Not from what my Thai friend siad. It is just the annual check up - but he said it has been "beefed up" this year with strict enforcement expected. He was given the heads up ofcourse by his friendly local bibs, and when i was there last night he was busy putting up copies of licences, and making sure all his company and ID paperwork was ready at hand - also any staff that did not have their ID cards were sent home to get them.

My friend has been in business 15 years and he said this is the strictest he has seen it..

Apparently the inspection team is accompanied by some NGO people who work with illegal migration, people smuggling, prostitution etc....

Yea leave to the NGO'S to <deleted> things up. Next thing you'll see is the Salvation Army Marching Band going down Loi khro.

The police are only allowed to perform drug tests if a Navy Narcotics officer is present.

i find it strange how the bkk police come all the way to c/m 800 kilo or around that distance to make sure we are all being good boys and girls

when my parents live in hua hin 200 kilos from bkk and there is never any hint of no drinking on thai budist days elections or closing on time

what makes us a target maybe its the government taking a pop at the red shirt strong hold ?

Just a guess (speculation alert) it might be funded by foreign NGOs. Just like war on drugs is assisted by the USA (see signs for http://dea-rewards.com/lth/ up at a Mae Sai checkpoint) there is a lot of money available for helping to prevent underage girls and so on, and I know there is at least one team of Americans here with this task in mind. They may be right or they may be mistaken but they do have a lot of funds and they can't do anything without the police.

Would prefer these guys from the Ophir Prison Kazoo Band and Temperance Society to the Salvation Army Band.

Bring on the Beer ! :burp::drunk::partytime2:

Beer Barrel Polka

Glorious Beer

Taco Boy caught on camera.

Edited by TacoBoy

Just a guess (speculation alert) it might be funded by foreign NGOs. Just like war on drugs is assisted by the USA (see signs for http://dea-rewards.com/lth/ up at a Mae Sai checkpoint) there is a lot of money available for helping to prevent underage girls and so on, and I know there is at least one team of Americans here with this task in mind. They may be right or they may be mistaken but they do have a lot of funds and they can't do anything without the police.

As much as I would like to believe that, there are plenty underage girls on Loi Kroh and.... they're all still there. So whatever the policy were doing, they're doing it wrong.

Sorry, all, haven't had enough coffee today...can you please clarify for me?

You are annoyed at the presence of the NGOs, because you like to spend your time with underage hookers on drugs? Is that about right?

No judgment, just looking for clarification...maybe I read the above wrong, but like I said, not enough coffee today! Kthx.

im sure the tv member ment that there are a lot of god bothers here that have nothing better to do than spoil our fun or spoil thais making a living no one was suggesting that sex with underage girls

is a good thing of course its not and anyone that does should be locked up

but the mob going around poking there nose in really need to find something better to do maybe get laid ?

they say we give the bar girls options id love to know what these options are a job in a 7-11 maybe lol

im sure the tv member ment that there are a lot of god bothers here that have nothing better to do than spoil our fun or spoil thais making a living no one was suggesting that sex with underage girls

but the mob going around poking there nose in really need to find something better to do maybe get laid ?

they say we give the bar girls options id love to know what these options are a job in a 7-11 maybe lol

What's wrong with a job at 7-11?

To give this more credence there was the head of some UK NGO working in the underage girls field addressing an international conference last week (In Pattaya IIRC). Maybe straight of the plane from their good deeds in CM?

Any final words on this group? Anybody get hit hard?

These scare stories surface on TV from time to time as you know Gonzo. I wonder how the OP knew they were a Bangkok Squad and not the local boys dressed up in fancy uniforms. We certainly weren't visited and nor were any of our neighbouring bar owners on Loi Kroh Rd. It sounds like maybe it was Karaoke joints that were raided.

This idea that Loi Kroh Rd is a centre of underage prostitution would be laughable if it weren't such a serious issue - as Cheshiregent rightly says. The absence of such girls has little to do with 'god botherers' or NGO types and much more to do with the fact that the er, shall we say, more mature ladies who work the street would soon chase them away.

On another point Cheshiregent, one of my best and longest standing customers has often advanced the theory that Hua Hin is an oasis of freedom, unencumbered by the laws the rest of us have to obey. He's from Cheshire too and his mum and dad live in Hua hin and he's a proper gent!! I wonder if perchance you could be related?

Sorry, all, haven't had enough coffee today...can you please clarify for me?

You are annoyed at the presence of the NGOs, because you like to spend your time with underage hookers on drugs? Is that about right?

No judgment, just looking for clarification...maybe I read the above wrong, but like I said, not enough coffee today! Kthx.

Maybe not enough coffee, but I see you've been hitting the Hater-Ade and the Troll Juice extra hard today...

-Mestizo