How About A New Pinned Thread For Scheduled Trackdays?

bbradsby

As someone in LOS for seven months now, t's getting really old hearing on Monday about how great last weekend's trackday was... lets start a new thread, pinned, that posts formally scheduled trackdays, along with any restrictions/requirements as to gear, engine size, tech inspection requirements... hey, it could happen! Those in contact with organizers/sponsors, or just trip across the info at a dealer... please share the love, eh?

OK, so a few of us, 2 or 3 people, will be going to BRC tomorrow morning to practice.

It's open to bikes from 9-12AM for 300 baht.

BRC is located behind, East of the back parking lot, of the Seacon Square shopping mall.

51 Thanon Srinagarindra, Nong Bon, Prawet, Bangkok 10250, Thailand

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=13.692982,100.650923&num=1&sll=13.694244,100.649217&sspn=0.009736,0.016512&ie=UTF8&ll=13.69513,100.648048&spn=0.019472,0.033023&z=16

It's just a nice leisurely track day, ride at your own pace and whenever you want.

I see everything from 110cc KSRs to 1000cc bigbikes practice there.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

Ted

OK, so a few of us, 2 or 3 people, will be going to BRC tomorrow morning to practice.

It's open to bikes from 9-12AM for 300 baht.

BRC is located behind, East of the back parking lot, of the Seacon Square shopping mall.

51 Thanon Srinagarindra, Nong Bon, Prawet, Bangkok 10250, Thailand

http://maps.google.c...2,0.033023&z=16

It's just a nice leisurely track day, ride at your own pace and whenever you want.

I see everything from 110cc KSRs to 1000cc bigbikes practice there.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

Ted

Cool! I haven't been to the BRC since it was re-paved so want to check it out. Not 100% sure I can make it but I'll do my best! Tony

Well only bbradsby on his NSR150 and I on my DTX250 showed up from here.

There were a few other Thai bikers there on serious expensive bikes.

The fastest riders of the day were all Thai and on a KSR110, R1, and CRF250.

IMG_0962.jpgIMG_0961.jpgIMG_0965.jpgIMG_0964.jpgIMG_0963.jpg

Although the track was repaved last year, its starting to show wear as the drift cars that run in the afternoons are starting to take their toll.

Still for 300 baht for 3 hours, it is a pretty great deal.

FYI, there's a motard race on Bira's go kart track this Sunday.

WooT!!! And thanks for the invite, Ted. Perfect way to ease into the weekend via screwing off on a Friday morning! We should make this a regular gig. Very friendly locals too, on their uberbikes: Duc 999s sad.gif waaahh... left mine behind in Kali, Kawi ZX-something or other, Yammie R-1 cross-plane crank vintage, Bimmer K1200s.

I'd say the track is in good shape: good, smooth, sticky pavement, but for a few apexes - esp Turn Three - beat up by cage drifters... what a waste of dino juice & track! But by braking & line choice, and maintenance throttle to settle the suspension, one can miss the really rough stuff and motor through.

As my first time on the track I was surprised at how tight & technical it is - perfect for small bore sportbikes, motards & go karts. So my 'lil NSR was right at home even with its sacked front springs & $hite IRC tires it came with from the PO. Not sure I'd want to do a litrebike here, as it may be more frustrating than fun unless you really want to work on corner technics alone. Me, I like to stretch out a litrebike on a track.

Duly noted that the run-off for some turns is slim-to-none, with hard, pointy objects nearby! ph34r.gif So one needs to keep truly focused & loose [don't panic - look toward your turn exit, not offtrack - countersteer harder to lean in more without chopping the throttle] to stay ON TRACK and... worst case scenario, bail really quickly if you DO get off the pavement in one of these no-runoff situations. Stop, rest often, stay hydrated, relax, resist the Redbull & the Red Mist. Anybody know the medical support status, day-to-day at the track huh.gif i.e., will they do basic first aid & transport an injured rider to closest hospital? If not, we could arrange such support if enough riders scheduled & paid up for it.

The track cost Bht 300 for the morning... a whole $10.00! Amazing for a half day at the track, including shaded paddock area and ice cold drinks at Bht 15 each for Schwepp's Lemon Sodas, perfect for maintaining critical hydration levels in the heat.

As ex-Guvernator Arnold sez, "ahh'll be baaahk!"

Went to BRC looking for the Kawi GP today.

Dang, got my dates mixed up, it was yesterday.

So heads up 3-4 of us are going to practice at BRC this Thursday, March 24 from 9-Noon.

We'll be on a DTX250, Ninja250, CBR250, and NSR150, but lots of other types of bikes are usually there, 110cc to 1300cc.

Weather channel say 60% chance of rain but if its not raining that morning we're going.

If it is raining we will try for Friday morning.

Hope you can make if for some laps.

So heads up 3-4 of us are going to practice at BRC this Thursday, March 24 from 9-Noon.

We'll be on a DTX250, Ninja250, CBR250, and NSR150,

That should be interesting... for the pedantics. :D

Make sure to bring some Swiss timing devices so we all know which the better bike is. :rolleyes:

We'll be on a DTX250, Ninja250, CBR250, and NSR150, but lots of other types of bikes are usually there, 110cc to 1300cc.

Weather channel say 60% chance of rain but if its not raining that morning we're going.

If it's not raining I'll be there with a video camera and a laptimer. :)

Assuming riders or equal skill (which of course doesn't exist), the DTX250 should clock the fastest lap at BRC, followed by the NSR150 (assuming it's in good nick), then the Ninjette and the CBR finishing last.

Should be FUN!

See you on Thursday!

T

If it's not raining I'll be there with a video camera and a laptimer.

followed by the NSR150, then the Ninjette and the CBR finishing last.

Tony, you'll be there with a video camera, a laptimer, and frothing saliva dripping on your shirt. :D

Edited by appropriate

If it's not raining I'll be there with a video camera and a laptimer.

followed by the NSR150, then the Ninjette and the CBR finishing last.

Tony, you'll be there with a video camera, a laptimer, and frothing saliva dripping on your shirt. :D

I think you think I care about this 250cc debate a lot more than I really do... :whistling:

Assuming riders or equal skill (which of course doesn't exist), the DTX250 should clock the fastest lap at BRC, followed by the NSR150 (assuming it's in good nick), then the Ninjette and the CBR finishing last.

Should be FUN!

See you on Thursday!

T

I won't be in it for any track cred for me or the NSR at this point - a few too many bumpy apexes & objects just off-track just waiting for blunt trauma or impalement. Just be chilling & having some fun. However I may be at Bira first weekend in April...

Should be FUN!

See you on Thursday!

T

I won't be in it for any track cred for me or the NSR at this point - a few too many bumpy apexes & objects just off-track just waiting for blunt trauma or impalement. Just be chilling & having some fun. However I may be at Bira first weekend in April...

Yeah, they repaved part of the track but it's already getting torn up by the drifters... When I went there to practice last week I had to dodge dogs, a fat freshwater crab and a big snake that was long enough to cover half the width of the track... Wow... if you come off and survive the crash you're likely to be eaten alive by all the critters hiding in the grass! :lol: