Where To Find Large Comfortable Black Men'S Socks

mojaco

In days of yore I used to buy size 10-12 or 11-13 sized men's socks in the USA. It appears now that those days are gone and all I can find in Bangkok so far are "free size" socks which are so tight that they cut off circulation around the upper ankles when worn all day.

Has anyone run across a shop carrying large size all black men's socks?

Look in the "Marks and Spencer" section in any large branch of Central Department Store.

Not only do they have actual size choices you are looking for - as opposed to the "Free Size" nonsense, but they also have 100% Cotton socks, not the more usually available local Polyester rubbish.

Patrick

Last time I seen large black colored socks was at Central Plaza Lardprao, but the whole shopping center is closed now until god knows when.

You might try looking in some of the other one Central Plaza stores, such as Central World, where they get a high rate of foreign customers in. Then ask one of the staff members in the Men's clothing area for assistance.

Smaller Dept. stores such as Tesco/Lotus, Carrefour only sell sizes for Thai people mostly.

Look in the "Marks and Spencer" section in any large branch of Central Department Store.

Not only do they have actual size choices you are looking for - as opposed to the "Free Size" nonsense, but they also have 100% Cotton socks, not the more usually available local Polyester rubbish.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick and eishaheen :jap: - I'm heading to Bangkok tomorrow and I really appreciate the info. As for the "other suggestions / comments" :D

Honestly I have never bought black or dress socks in BKK before and really just wanted to crack a joke about socks for black men but it seems a number of people beat me to it. However, I would bet you can find them at the suit shops on Sukhumvit that target the farangs ... you know the ones where the owner/salesperson practically grab you to come in the store as you walk by on the sidewalk.

I looked in all the departments stores and they were goddamn expensive for a pair of thin socks.

Was in desperate need to fill the sock drawer for a my big fat western feet and had just about given up until I stumbled across exactly what I was looking for at Tesco....