Glock 18

Natan

I would say impossible in Thailand legally anyway...even through a Thai wife.

Very restricted due to auto nature and small enough to conceal, hence only usually sold to law enforcement and military.

Even in the US states where you can get one the FFL license costs nearly four times more than the handgun.

I have fired one a few times through freinds of my wife at Kawila barracks but even they only have a few for show so one falling off the back of a truck would be difficult to arrange and impossible to trust the supplier not to hold it over you in the future. They are a rarity in Thailand imho.

Price wise it can be done after all TIT...but not legally in your name I would have thought if you are Farang.

I have seen them sold in Bangkok for between 35 and 40k.

No real excuse for anyone Thai or Farang to have one of those (basically a machine pistol) in CM.....you would be hard pushed to justify having that anywhere unless it was a conflict zone or as stated you are law enforcement/military in a high risk area.

What reason do you have to want to own one of these anyway..... If defensive then a much wider range of hand guns is available for your sporting shooter wife would be the go,.....even a point and click shottie is good as a deterrent (size and noise and easy to use), having said that heavens above that she would fire it..statistically for handgun shootings (predomintaely domestic) we would be one less TV contributor.

Usually something like that has to be kept at a club....so remember when stopped by the BIB that you are taking it for a service.....

If you are getting one (or can) make sure you get a stock and forward grip for it otherwise it gets a bit unweildly when fully auto.

Edited by mamborobert

Why would one want a little peashooter like a Glock 18, when a very nice FN M248 SAW can apparently be purchased from any weapons depot? B)

Or a one shot will drop you 45 Semi auto Colt. :)

How about the Desert Eagle, or my favourite the .454 Casul ;)

naton.

re .. want to know the price for a glock 18.

ive no idea what a glock 18 is ... and i know zilch about guns but the owner of this chiang mai gunshop

( who i asked if i could take this pic about a month ago ... and he said yes )

he said ( when i asked him ) the small handguns at the bottom of this pic would start at about 90 thousand baht minimum !

i didnt ask him any more coz i was happy with the info he gave me but i suspect a glock 18 might be a bit more

if its bigger than one of these hand guns : (

dave2

ps .. please dont ask me where this gun shop is

coz i dont want to pizz the owner off with a load of gawking farangs arriving at his door tomorrow

its within a mile of thapae gate ... if you want to find it .......... go and look

post-42592-0-07516800-1299515695_thumb.j

naton.

re .. want to know the price for a glock 18.

ive no idea what a glock 18 is ... and i know zilch about guns but the owner of this chiang mai gunshop

( who i asked if i could take this pic about a month ago ... and he said yes )

he said ( when i asked him ) the small handguns at the bottom of this pic would start at about 90 thousand baht minimum !

i didnt ask him any more coz i was happy with the info he gave me but i suspect a glock 18 might be a bit more

if its bigger than one of these hand guns : (

dave2

ps .. please dont ask me where this gun shop is

coz i dont want to pizz the owner off with a load of gawking farangs arriving at his door tomorrow

its within a mile of thapae gate ... if you want to find it .......... go and look

Have we been drinking before posting? :rolleyes:

Edited by Semper

semper.

re ... Have we been drinking before posting?

nahhhh .. not at all

i wanted to respect the info the gunshop owner willingly gave to me

if you dont understand or respect my loyalty between me .... a farang

and a thai gunshop owner who let me take te pic ... your the looser !

not me or the thai gunshop owner

dave2 .. sleep well semper : )

somebody in chiang mai shooting club? want to know the price for a glock 18.

I am a member of two clubs, but why the interest in a Glock 18? They cannot be owned legally here as they are classed a "machine pistol"

With an absurd cyclic rate of fire of some 1300 rpm they serve no useful purpose. Models 17 and 19 I can understand, as I use a model 19 myself, but an 18.................

<deleted> a machine gun the size of a small handgun... 1200 rpm. Perfect for: Super spies; Ninjas; Mafia. Which one are you? I am guessing you're not a special ops soldier or you'd already have one... so, one has got to wonder.

Glock-18-Price-List-Law-Enforcement-791x1024.jpg

somebody in chiang mai shooting club? want to know the price for a glock 18.

I am a member of two clubs, but why the interest in a Glock 18? They cannot be owned legally here as they are classed a "machine pistol"

With an absurd cyclic rate of fire of some 1300 rpm they serve no useful purpose. Models 17 and 19 I can understand, as I use a model 19 myself, but an 18.................

no comment here otherwise i was told that i might have to keep the chicken company.... :blink:

Edited by mkawish

So.. what ARE you looking for then? A shooting club where you can practise with one? And the prices for it?

It's not really cheap I think, I visited a shooting club on the Mae Rim road once.

I would do this sort of thing in Cambodia. You can even shoot cows there and blow shit right the fck up. :thumbsup:

They cannot be owned legally here as they are classed a "machine pistol"

Sure, but we can still discuss it right? I mean it's not in the same league of illigality as discussing squirrels, is it. :thumbsup:;)

But it might be illegal to shoot squirrels with a Glock 18 B)

They cannot be owned legally here as they are classed a "machine pistol"

Sure, but we can still discuss it right? I mean it's not in the same league of illigality as discussing squirrels, is it. :thumbsup:;)

Always love a good natter about guns of all shapes and sizes :)

<deleted> a machine gun the size of a small handgun... 1200 rpm. Perfect for: Super spies; Ninjas; Mafia. Which one are you? I am guessing you're not a special ops soldier or you'd already have one... so, one has got to wonder.

Glock-18-Price-List-Law-Enforcement-791x1024.jpg

Sivilians do not get gun licenses for fully auto guns like Glock 18 in Thailand

My Glock 19 is semi auto, licensed and purchased in Thailand

For a Thai national to get a purchase license for a firearm, following is required

Registered Master of House in Tabien Baan for a minimum of six months

The ower of minimum one Chanote

High cash flow in bankaccount, or minimum 2 mill baht (as I recall) in account

Most Changwat allow for residents in Muang only

When purchase license is issued, you can buy a gun. Permit is for 10 bullets only, but even guns able to carry more than 10 bullets are legal as long as they do not contain more than 10 bullets. My Glock 19 holds 16 bullets, but as gun and magazines are always separated when not used, it remains legal.

When gun is purchased, new or secondhand, it must be inspected by Police, in BKK its done by one Policestation only near the gunshops (Chinatown). Go back home, and have an owners license issued by Amphur. No expirey date on license.

Gun is for home protection only, and only armed intruders can be shot legally

Bringing it to and from shooting range is legal, but in car only and gun and bullets must be separated, like gun in glovebox and bullets in trunk. Bringing it between homes is legal, proof of home (Tabien Baan) shold be with gun license

Home protection only

Foreigners can be issued license on special conditions