Airport Pick Up - What Is The Usual Price And Transport Options

Stekmer

Hi,

I am booked into the Baan Warabordee Hotel (through Agoda) and I emailed them about pick up from the airport.

They have replied with an offer of 300 Baht. - I arrive from Bangkok on AirAsia Flight FD 3256 at 9.05 pm in a couple of weeks time.

Does this seem a reasonable price?

What are the transport options from the Airport to central Chiang Rai?

Thanks in advance for any replies :jap:

When you exit baggage claim at CR airport you will see several car rental and transfer desks. One will have a sign in English posted with prices to various places. Last I looked it was flat rate of 200 baht for a private car with driver to take you anywhere in central CR area. So you'd save a few baht to just do it yourself rather than order the hotel to arrange it.

I posted a full list of Airport transport charges last year.

I thought the topic may have been made a sticky as this is regular inquiry, but after several irrelevant posts it just disappeared into the void.

Search if you wish.

Yeah I thought that should have been 'pinned' too.

As I recall it was 200 baht into town.

There aren't any other transport options OP, so depending on how far away your hotel is, it's much of a muchness really, 300 baht 200 baht, up to you but I don't think it's a great deal more than the regular taxis, plus they might know where the hotel is! :)

When you exit baggage claim at CR airport you will see several car rental and transfer desks. One will have a sign in English posted with prices to various places. Last I looked it was flat rate of 200 baht for a private car with driver to take you anywhere in central CR area. So you'd save a few baht to just do it yourself rather than order the hotel to arrange it.

We have too many pinned topics already, four have not received a post this year! Maybe some weeding out required before adding another.

We have too many pinned topics already, four have not received a post this year! Maybe some weeding out required before adding another.

We also have too many double posts...smile.gif

200-300 is the normal going rate for taxi from the airport.

No options other than to arrange ahead of time with your hotel or just get a private taxi from the airport to your hotel.

I have seen the price quoted go up with time after some have tried to get a bargin price and refused the 200-300 taxi fare originally quoted.

Especially since the OP will arrive on the last flight of the night. All the Taxi's will depart shortly thereafter and you will be left trying to get any type of transport to your hotel.

Not worth the hastle for 200-300 baht.

Also remember fuel prices have doubled in the past few years without a real increase to taxi costs.

Enjoy your trip and not try to be a penny pincher. Not worth the hastle over a few baht.

Edited by TacoBoy

We have too many pinned topics already, four have no t received a post this year! Maybe some weeding out required before adding another.

We also have too many double posts...smile.gif

:jap: 555 :rolleyes:

200-300 is the normal going rate for taxi from the airport.

No options other than to arrange ahead of time with your hotel or just get a private taxi from the airport to your hotel.

I have seen the price quoted go up with time after some have tried to get a bargin price and refused the 200-300 taxi fare originally quoted.

Especially since the OP will arrive on the last flight of the night. All the Taxi's will depart shortly thereafter and you will be left trying to get any type of transport to your hotel.

Not worth the hastle for 200-300 baht.

Also remember fuel prices have doubled in the past few years without a real increase to taxi costs.

Enjoy your trip and not try to be a penny pincher. Not worth the hastle over a few baht.

I rememebr paying around 300 baht last year for a private car taxi from the airport to Wiang Nuea. No biggy and was convenient at the time.

See new above pinned topic.

scea's in charge of keeping it updated with the latest info re: pricing, etc.

I know this is a bit off topic to airport pickup, but I'll ask anyway.

I looked at the pinned topics.

Any candidates for removal?

TBH, I removed a few previously that were obviously dead.

Nothing is sacrosanct on Thai Visa....:jap:

almost a whole OP with out a comment wrt "Enjoy your trip and not try to be a penny pincher. Not worth the hastle over a few baht"

some people just can't help themselves. The OP was asking if it was a reasonable price. I often travel via ThaiAirAsia and the fixed price is THB200 to the centre. If your hotel is not in the centre then THB300 is reasonable.