Personal Offshore Banking In Asia For Reasonable Fees

Hello!

My friend asked me to post this topic. He is shareware programmer, have regular passive income 1-2 thousand USD, which he can get by wire/cheques, he also have to pay for a hosting/advertising by card. Which banks, which types of accounts in which countries you can recommend?

What nationality ?.....if US citizen forget about an offshore account, most reputable banks will not touch you.

I have a Citi bank account in Singapore which is free banking if you deposit a minimum US$ 25k with them and very good service.

For the amounts talked about would be better to deposit into an account in Thailand and forget about an offshore account.

Soutpeel, exUSSR (Russia, or Ukraine, don't know exactly). 25k and similar deposits definitely not an option, that's why I ask about suggestions.

I would be opening an account in Thailand and depositing directly for the amounts concerned, you are going to get hit with swift or other charges to transfer anyway

Any of the local Thai banks could set this up for you.

What about case, when acc. owner suddenly go out of Thailand, but have to manage his account? Kasikorn, for example, use SMS authorization with only local numbers.

Set up on-line banking, search the threads on TV, I am sure somebody will recommend which Thai bank has the best on-line facilities, I cant recommend one as I dont run on-line banking through my Thai accounts only my singapore account

What about case, when acc. owner suddenly go out of Thailand, but have to manage his account? Kasikorn, for example, use SMS authorization with only local numbers.

You can turn that off and set a second pin number instead.

You can turn that off and set a second pin number instead.

Kasikorn, for example, have many limitations for pin2 users.

Siam Commercial Bank have a very good online portal with an English option. They still use the One Time password for transfers to new payess but if you have set up your payees when in Thailand this is not a problem. I have received SMS in China but have no idea if you could get it in Russia.

SCB also have a call centre but their effectiveness varies considerably depending on who you talk to.