Fortuner Replacement

cheers chris,

i think i have got to the bottom of it. apparently there will be an updated fortuner and hilux out around june time, and the replacement models will be released next year. this is all just speculation though i presume as toyota will be fairly keen to keep everything under wraps so as to not damage sales of their current models

cheers chris,

i think i have got to the bottom of it. apparently there will be an updated fortuner and hilux out around june time, and the replacement models will be released next year. this is all just speculation though i presume as toyota will be fairly keen to keep everything under wraps so as to not damage sales of their current models

There is another thread running entitled "New Car Market for Thailand in 2011 and Beyond" in which the resident expert, Moon River Oasis, said the following:

"Toyota:

2011: VIGO/Fortuner minor change.

2011: New Yaris / Vios

2012: New Camry.

2013: New ALTIS.

2014: New Hilux (codename IMV2)

2014: Eco-car project under consideration

None of this info is official, but is compiled from trusted sources. Anything and everything is subject to change - use a guide only!

and

Posted 2011-01-31

Corkman, on 2011-01-30 19:35:30, said:

MRO - any further update on the Fortuner?

I hope to be getting one soon, and don't want to buy a lemon...... (looking at the 3.0 d4d 2WD).

Thanks

Most talk is about the Hilux, not Fortuner, but a nano-change is expected soon - which most likely means a new Sportivo, Aperto or other special model along those lines. I wouldn't expect any changes to the regular G and V badges at that time though.

The big change for Hilux/Fortuner is expected sometime between August and November this year. Although only a minor change (the platform remains the same 7-year old IMV1), there will be some big changes to the sheetmetal to give them a new, refreshed look. Rumor has it the hood, fenders and front bumpers will be all-new pressings, and the engines will also get a particulate filter in order to comply with 2012's Euro IV regulations.

and

Posted 2011-01-31 19:16:13

Corkman, on 2011-01-31 18:59:53, said:

Thanks MRO - I'm a bit undecided now then, whether to buy now or wait!

If I wait then its gonna be a year before I get the car..... and since I am renting at the moment then the 170k+ plus that I would otherwise spend / waste on rent is a big incentive......

That rent factor alone would be enough to make me want to buy now rather than wait - the small amount you'd stand to lose on resale for having an "older" model vs. waiting for the minor change, and the earlier uptake of maintenance expenses won't ever get anywhere near to the amount you stand to lose by renting while you wait...

Also the "new" model is just a cosmetic change - engines remain the same, features will remain the same, interior design remains the same etc. The only real items of note changing are front-end styling, the price (you can almost guarantee it'll climb), and the particulate filter which adds a new service item (and another emissions control that will slowly degrade performace) to the car... It's still the same basic car."

You should read that thread for more information on the Fortuner, and MRO may respond to your question directly.

cheers chris,

There is another thread running entitled "New Car Market for Thailand in 2011 and Beyond" in which the resident expert, Moon River Oasis, said the following:

"Toyota:

None of this info is official, but is compiled from trusted sources. Anything and everything is subject to change - use a guide only!

and

Posted 2011-01-31

I hope to be getting one soon, and don't want to buy a lemon...... (looking at the 3.0 d4d 2WD).

Thanks

Most talk is about the Hilux, not Fortuner, but a nano-change is expected soon - which most likely means a new Sportivo, Aperto or other special model along those lines. I wouldn't expect any changes to the regular G and V badges at that time though.

The big change for Hilux/Fortuner is expected sometime between August and November this year. Although only a minor change (the platform remains the same 7-year old IMV1), there will be some big changes to the sheetmetal to give them a new, refreshed look. Rumor has it the hood, fenders and front bumpers will be all-new pressings, and the engines will also get a particulate filter in order to comply with 2012's Euro IV regulations.

and

If I wait then its gonna be a year before I get the car..... and since I am renting at the moment then the 170k+ plus that I would otherwise spend / waste on rent is a big incentive......

That rent factor alone would be enough to make me want to buy now rather than wait - the small amount you'd stand to lose on resale for having an "older" model vs. waiting for the minor change, and the earlier uptake of maintenance expenses won't ever get anywhere near to the amount you stand to lose by renting while you wait...

Also the "new" model is just a cosmetic change - engines remain the same, features will remain the same, interior design remains the same etc. The only real items of note changing are front-end styling, the price (you can almost guarantee it'll climb), and the particulate filter which adds a new service item (and another emissions control that will slowly degrade performace) to the car... It's still the same basic car."

You should read that thread for more information on the Fortuner, and MRO may respond to your question directly.

thanks for that info, very informative. my reason for asking was similar to corkman, although i have already bought a second fortuner. i was considering selling it and buying an interim car until the new fortuner comes out in the hope the prices will drop substantially. i have since been put off this idea by researching market prices for other cars with similar circumstances, i noticed they didnt really depreciate all that much more than normal anyway so i dont see the point.

regards

• 2 months later...

cheers chris,

"Toyota:

and

Posted 2011-01-31

Thanks

and

thanks for that info, very informative. my reason for asking was similar to corkman, although i have already bought a second fortuner. i was considering selling it and buying an interim car until the new fortuner comes out in the hope the prices will drop substantially. i have since been put off this idea by researching market prices for other cars with similar circumstances, i noticed they didnt really depreciate all that much more than normal anyway so i dont see the point.

regards

I was informed yesterday by a Toyota sales rep. that a completely new Fortuner will be unveiled next month along with the new truck range. Apparently it can be seen on the Internet but I have not been able to find it. Does anyone else have updated information?

cheers chris,

"Toyota:

and

Posted 2011-01-31

Thanks

and

regards

I was informed yesterday by a Toyota sales rep. that a completely new Fortuner will be unveiled next month along with the new truck range. Apparently it can be seen on the Internet but I have not been able to find it. Does anyone else have updated information?

It is a minor facelift, with new headlights/grill, hood, front fenders and (plastic) wheel arches. October/November delivery for booking now can be expected.

From January 2012 all diesel suv/pickups in TH must comply with EuroIV emission requiring particlefilter in exhaust. It is not clear if Toyota TH will make a total engine/auto upgrade as on European EuroIV spec (made in South Africa) including slightly more power from 3,0d and a 5 speed auto with lower shift points

Many thanks for the update, it sounds as if it may be some time before Toyota makes a significant change. The present model is great but it would be good to have something different next time.

Hi This is what I got from my Thai Staff yesterday... it even comes with a New Girl and more hose power

Fortuner minor change will release on this July.

Change point that I know as below.

1. Improve hose power from 178 hp to 190 hp.

2. New front lamp

3. New Girl

4. New front bumper

5. New Cover engine

6. New rear lamp set

7. DVD player

8. Add USB/Aux port

9. Interior improvement

10. Price increase 25000-35000 THB/model

Suspension noinformation

post-65291-0-80146500-1308301031_thumb.j

Hi This is what I got from my Thai Staff yesterday... it even comes with a New Girl and more hose power

2. New front lamp

3. New Girl

4. New front bumper

5. New Cover engine

6. New rear lamp set

7. DVD player

8. Add USB/Aux port

9. Interior improvement

Suspension noinformation

present Fortuner 3,0 has 163hp, not 178, would assume new EuroIV spec is 172hp as most in Europe

2. New front lamp

3. New Girl

4. New front bumper

5. New Cover engine

6. New rear lamp set

7. DVD player

8. Add USB/Aux port

9. Interior improvement

Suspension noinformation

They still haven't put the hood scoop in the middle, a bit closer perhaps. :D

2. New front lamp

3. New Girl

4. New front bumper

5. New Cover engine

6. New rear lamp set

7. DVD player

8. Add USB/Aux port

9. Interior improvement

Suspension noinformation

transam about time you get yourself a larger scoop to avoid off center dizziness :lol: :lol:

2. New front lamp

3. New Girl

4. New front bumper

5. New Cover engine

6. New rear lamp set

7. DVD player

8. Add USB/Aux port

9. Interior improvement

Suspension noinformation

transam about time you get yourself a larger scoop to avoid off center dizziness :lol: :lol:

Actually l saw a nice stick on scoop on l think it was a Nissan delivery van, looked OK and factory. Food for (my) thought. :lol:

I can see from the picture it was a diesel, have they done anything to the V6.

What V6 ? :D

Yeah !! Wilki information about Toyota engines along with the crap engines you get in Thailand get you into trouble.:bah:

Edited by Kwasaki

2. New front lamp

3. New Girl

4. New front bumper

5. New Cover engine

6. New rear lamp set

7. DVD player

8. Add USB/Aux port

9. Interior improvement

Suspension noinformation

I heard that 7th of July it will come out..

Price

รุ่น3.0V Navi 1,454,000

รุ่น3.0V 4X4 1,389,000

รุ่น3.0V 4X2 1,319,000

รุ่น2.7V 4X2 1,219,000

รุ่น2.5G M/T 1,059,000

http://www.pantip.co.../V10630848.html

post-65291-0-17616500-1308793823_thumb.j

2. New front lamp

3. New Girl

4. New front bumper

5. New Cover engine

6. New rear lamp set

7. DVD player

8. Add USB/Aux port

9. Interior improvement

Suspension noinformation

I heard that 7th of July it will come out..

Price

รุ่น3.0V Navi 1,454,000

รุ่น3.0V 4X4 1,389,000

รุ่น3.0V 4X2 1,319,000

รุ่น2.7V 4X2 1,219,000

รุ่น2.5G M/T 1,059,000

http://www.pantip.co.../V10630848.html

with 5 bolt wheels, the pictures are not likely to be Thai spec Fortuners

with 5 bolt wheels, the pictures are not likely to be Thai spec Fortuners

First pic is real, 2nd is a photoshop.

Also, 190HP for the 3.0L was apparently a rumor started online by someone with wishful thinking - my sources say it'll only creep up to the current Euro-spec 169HP.

Fortuna looks like another facelift to me. Toyota must be loving this. Selling basically the same old technology for nearly 10 years.

I've owned 2 Fortuners over the years and enjoyed them. But now they are really beginning to look dated and the interiors are years behind.

The Pajero is definitely a Fortuner rip off with a strange looking rear end (I think it's the glass), especially light colours. However I have heard it's dynamics and interior are more current.

MU7 is a workhorse which doesn't pretend to be fashionable. Big, sturdy, reliable but old hat.

Captiva, current model looks a little better. But I worry about quality of finishes, materials and resale. If that comes into the equation.

Ford is Ford and I don't know anything about them. Always worth a gander.

VW Tiguan would be great if you can afford.

Korea are raising the game and have some excellent new models. And of late their looks have improved dramatically. They've improved so much they now challenge Toyota for sales in the US.

Fortuna looks like another facelift to me. Toyota must be loving this. Selling basically the same old technology for nearly 10 years.

I've owned 2 Fortuners over the years and enjoyed them. But now they are really beginning to look dated and the interiors are years behind.

The Pajero is definitely a Fortuner rip off with a strange looking rear end (I think it's the glass), especially light colours. However I have heard it's dynamics and interior are more current.

MU7 is a workhorse which doesn't pretend to be fashionable. Big, sturdy, reliable but old hat.

Captiva, current model looks a little better. But I worry about quality of finishes, materials and resale. If that comes into the equation.

Korea are raising the game and have some excellent new models. And of late their looks have improved dramatically. They've improved so much they now challenge Toyota for sales in the US.

well, Fortuner was out late 2004, facelifted and upgraded brakes and spec late 2008, and now second facelift 6,5 years after launch. Still a good package for 1,4 million baht tho

Koreans are coming, but taxes kill them in Thailand. same with VW/Audi

well, Fortuner was out late 2004, facelifted and upgraded brakes and spec late 2008, and now second facelift 6,5 years after launch. Still a good package for 1,4 million baht tho

I'm pretty sure Toyota are more concerned about the 2012 T6 Everest, and (unammed) 2012 Chev PPV, heh :).

Then of course there's the segment-leading Pajero Sport which gets an all-new model in 2013, along with engine tech from Nissan/Renault, and which still lands before the next-gen Fortuner in 2014-15..

It's a rocky road ahead for Fortuner I think.. Good thing Thai's support Toyota no matter what, otherwise they'd have a real problem ;)

Speaking of Renault, Practice 3 at Valencia starts in 4 hours, and the beer shops are closing, so a few thousand people can vote early... so gotta run ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I'm pretty sure Toyota are more concerned about the 2012 T6 Everest, and (unammed) 2012 Chev PPV, heh :).

Then of course there's the segment-leading Pajero Sport which gets an all-new model in 2013, along with engine tech from Nissan/Renault, and which still lands before the next-gen Fortuner in 2014-15..

It's a rocky road ahead for Fortuner I think.. Good thing Thai's support Toyota no matter what, otherwise they'd have a real problem ;)

Speaking of Renault, Practice 3 at Valencia starts in 4 hours, and the beer shops are closing, so a few thousand people can vote early... so gotta run ;)

Stocked up on San Miguel Light at Makro yesterday :)

and time to cook some lasagne before the fun begins :P