Forex Trading In Chiang Mai

Sure there is excellent money to be made with forex....just start a brokerage firm. When the trader loses, the broker wins. The transactions of these traders never reach the capital market. When the guy loses, it will be deducted from his margin, and when he wins, it will be added to it.

Everybody is bound to lose in the long run. The broker will give the option to put in a stop loss, but if the rate flashes down instantly because of a drastic event in the real world, the stop loss cannot be executed because the rate at which the stop loss is put was never reached. When this happens, there is no limit to the loss that can occur.

Forex threads on this forum always attract a lot of views and posts, because there are a lot of people out there looking for a source of income. Not easy to find a job or start a profitable business in Thailand. But don’t fall into the forex trap, it’s a dead end street.

Also think of this: for any type of work, you need to have a work permit in Thailand, and you won’t get it for forex trading. Suppose you are at one point making good money with this and you talk about it, somebody being jaleous or having for some reason a grudge against you, could report you, and you would be in big trouble.

Oh well, nevertheless I wish you traders all the best, may all the pips go your way.

How much did you lose Buddy...... ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyones interested in the forex trading, have a look at the reviews on this site: http://www.forexpeac..._broker_reviews

you will soon find out that a huge amount of brokers are just scams, many people also makes money selling methods/softwares which seems to be one of the real way to make some cash (not because those things do really works but because there is someone paying for them)......

I think forexfactory.com or forex-tsd is much more reliable for feedback on brokers. It's not difficult to discern the "good" brokers from the ones who are not reputable. Start with the well known ones and work your way around.

I prefer ibfx au and gomarkets for retail Automated systems trading. VantageFx is also on my list. Interesting to see so much forex interest up north.

• 11 months later...

Hi Cyrus,

I'm 100% forex trader living in chiangmai since 4 years, just found this thread, and also looking for people interested to meet and talk and share anything regarding this crazy business. I'm running a website where i give free (for now...) forex signals, but i won't post it here, otherwise people will say i'm spamming, but if anyone is interested, just contact me privately.

I'd be glad to meet anyone who's interested in forex, if you are in thailand and more precisely Chiang Mai, contact me.

Internet is horrible in thailand, i moved already countless times because of that, lost money because of it too, so finally i gave up and decided to change my strategy so that even if i lose connection for hours, it won't affect my profits. I decided to trade only daily or H4 charts, and guess what... now i am much more profitable than when i traded small timeframes. As a professional trader the best advice i can give is don't trade anything smaller than H1. And then it actually gives you time to live and not be glued to the screen all day. It becomes the perfect work from home business.

Looking forward to meet you all, contact me.

• 5 months later...

I have a hard time believing a successful trader would consider Thailand as a base, given the infrastructures, internet latency, time zone, etc.

Also, FOREX is a high-risk activity, and not at all the best way to make money working at home.

Cross currency trading (FOREX as you call it) is only high risk if you make it high risk, the risk by any trader is controlled purely by the individual themselves. Your comment is probably the most stupid, ill informed comment I have read on this forum. Congratulations .

• 4 months later...

Does anyone use a Thai broker for trading Forex? If trading shortterm latency is an issue. As far as I read about internet connections in Thailand you will always have latency if connected (to a broker) outside of Thailand. So I wonder if opening an account with a Thai broker will fix latency issues. Are there even any FX brokers in Thailand which offer good conditions and are safe to trade with?