Kad Suan Kaew Food Vendor With "Bugged" Rice?

Wopanese

In the basement level of Kad Suan Kaew shopping center (not the coupon area, but the food area close to the escalator) there is a food vendor that has a see-through plastic cylinder on the table filled with what looks like large grains of rice. However, upon closer inspection the other day I saw little black bugs crawling about inside. I'm assuming both the rice and the bugs are used in one or more of the dishes they sell. Anyone have more information about this dish? Thanks.

Eating insects isn't exactly taboo here in Thailand, but these are not for eating. This is more of a good luck talisman of sorts. They keep a jar of popped rice with these ant-like bugs. I think its something like the more bugs they have, the more money the'll have/make.

Eating insects isn't exactly taboo here in Thailand, but these are not for eating. This is more of a good luck talisman of sorts. They keep a jar of popped rice with these ant-like bugs. I think its something like the more bugs they have, the more money the'll have/make.

Correct. My wife have a small fish tank filled with those critters. :D

Fishtank? Are you rich ? :D

Fishtank? Are you rich ? :D

Not yet :lol: