Salsa Kitchen

anonymouse

I enjoyed an early dinner with the wife and kids at Salsa Kitchen tonight, I realised It had been around two years since I ate there last,shame on me.

Anyway we all had a huge, tasty reasonably priced meal but the main thing was consistency, I ordered my food and recieved exactly what I expected, the same good service, the same good taste, the same as the first time I ate in the Salsa Kitchen which must of been at least seven years ago if not longer.

So just thought I'd give them a :thumbsup: for keeping up the good work

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salsa Kitchen is the only place I go to for Mexican food now. El Diablo's just doesn't do it for me and every time I've eaten at Miguel's I've cursed myself for letting myself get burned again.

Easily the best best Mexican restaurant in town, portions are huge, price is great, food is always tasty. However If anyone knows the owner please them to add wet burritos like the ones at Miguels, then my life is complete

Edited by ha55ha

I like the Salsa Kitchen too on occasion but It barely even reminds one of Mexican food. As far as consistency goes, to this day they have still failed to learn how to make a tortilla. That's consistancy I guess As far as the ribs go, people seem to like them but I just never got this "falling off the bone" thing that people seem to go for. Where I grew up ribs should be a bit chewy.

I like the Salsa Kitchen too on occasion but It barely even reminds one of Mexican food. As far as consistency goes, to this day they have still failed to learn how to make a tortilla. That's consistancy I guess As far as the ribs go, people seem to like them but I just never got this "falling off the bone" thing that people seem to go for. Where I grew up ribs should be a bit chewy.

I must admit I'm no expert on Mexican food I've only ever eaten it in Thailand, England & Singapore :ermm:

but authentic or not, the Salsa Kitchen food always tastes good, has huge portions and is very reasonably priced as well as that the wife and kids no connoisseurs of Mexican food always enjoy eating there.

I must admit I'm no expert on Mexican food I've only ever eaten it in Thailand, England & Singapore :ermm:

but authentic or not, the Salsa Kitchen food always tastes good, has huge portions and is very reasonably priced as well as that the wife and kids no connoisseurs of Mexican food always enjoy eating there.

The Salsa kitchen is true gourmet this is why many TV folks get confused. If you like Taco bell back in the U.S.A. then Migels is the place. If you like a big fat over stuffed burrito with a lot of rice and beans , a very costly price” poor mans” burrito the other place mentioned is for you.I honestly have problems mentioning these other two places in the same paragraph as Salsa kitchen.We have taken several groups to eat there and everybody both Thai and Farang leave raving, some in disbelief that such one of a kind place exist!

We have not been here for months but thanks TV you reminded us ..... the only place in town for a exquisite Mexican Cuisine .

I took a friend from L.A. there and he was really impressed with Salsa kitchen saying it was the real thing, as coming from L.A. he knows his mexican.......but regardless, its really tasty and the prices are good.

I think your friend might have been using "it's the real thing" somewhat sarcasticly. Salsa Kitchen is good but it is real only to itself, imo :)

(California Native)

I took a friend from L.A. there and he was really impressed with Salsa kitchen saying it was the real thing, as coming from L.A. he knows his mexican.......but regardless, its really tasty and the prices are good.

I think your friend might have been using "it's the real thing" somewhat sarcasticly. Salsa Kitchen is good but it is real only to itself, imo :)

(California Native)

Just to be more specific, this is what I was used to as far as a California Burrito...

469x264.jpg

burrito_xs_small.jpgThe only place in town that's close is Diablos :)

I like the Salsa Kitchen too on occasion but It barely even reminds one of Mexican food.

I agree that it is not authentic, but it is good for what it is and that is good enough sometimes - especially in Thailand. John uses ingredients that are fresh and in season and improvises a lot to good effect.

Miguel's is authentic California style Mexican food and many people think that it is one of the best in Thailand (look at the many Mexican food threads). Some people do not like it, but that applies to virtually every foreign restaurant in Thailand that I can think of.

I like the Salsa Kitchen too on occasion but It barely even reminds one of Mexican food.

I agree that it is not authentic, but it is good for what it is and that is good enough sometimes - especially in Thailand. John uses ingredients that are fresh and in season and improvises a lot to good effect.

Miguel's is authentic California style Mexican food and many people think that it is one of the best in Thailand (look at the many Mexican food threads). Some people do not like it, but that applies to virtually every foreign restaurant in Thailand that I can think of.

one is gourmet ,one is "taco bell" ,while diablos is really to small ,hot and noisy to bother with for the very limited ,pricey menu for a beany buritto. Salsa is where you go to eat unique, gourmet cuisine ..plus it is the only one of the three with AC!!

I ate there two years ago. Extremely unremarkable and bland so I never went back. This is coming from someone who has eaten dozens of times in the American Southwest. Guess I need to try it again.

only dozens of times? did you eat the dozens of times at the same place? How about thousands of times, then you would have standing .

bland? salsa has a Nam prik noom , so hard to understand your bland statement.

I would argue that Miguels is alot closer to Tex-Mex than it is Cali style. I absolutely love Miguels. Given where we are at, I think its pretty dam_n good. I am Mexican, from Texas, so I have eaten way more than my fair share of Mexican food. My grandmother who raised me, basically cooked nothing for me, except homemade Tex-Mex every single day. Add to that all the relatives that cooked for me, all the mexican restaurants around the southwest, and an uncountable number of drunken weekends spent across the border in Ciudad Acuna. And with that vast experience, I would say that Miguels ranks pretty decently. The tortillas definitely need some improvement, but overall the food is quite delicious and dare I say "authentic" Tex-Mex.

One thing I've noticed thought, is that people whole have grown up on Tex-Mex, tend to not like Cali style. And vise-versa. Most of the people I have met in person that say they don't like Miguels, have turned out to either be from Cali, or formed their initial ideas of what Mexican food should taste like around Cali style. This is what I think is the root cause of why some people rave about Miguels and some people unfairly bash it.

-Mestizo

I would argue that Miguels is alot closer to Tex-Mex than it is Cali style. I absolutely love Miguels. Given where we are at, I think its pretty dam_n good. I am Mexican, from Texas, so I have eaten way more than my fair share of Mexican food. My grandmother who raised me, basically cooked nothing for me, except homemade Tex-Mex every single day. Add to that all the relatives that cooked for me, all the mexican restaurants around the southwest, and an uncountable number of drunken weekends spent across the border in Ciudad Acuna. And with that vast experience, I would say that Miguels ranks pretty decently. The tortillas definitely need some improvement, but overall the food is quite delicious and dare I say "authentic" Tex-Mex.

One thing I've noticed thought, is that people whole have grown up on Tex-Mex, tend to not like Cali style. And vise-versa. Most of the people I have met in person that say they don't like Miguels, have turned out to either be from Cali, or formed their initial ideas of what Mexican food should taste like around Cali style. This is what I think is the root cause of why some people rave about Miguels and some people unfairly bash it.

-Mestizo

Well said by a person who knows Mexican food. And politely no comment on what Salsa Kitchen calls Mexican food. Thank you Mestizo. Via con dios.

nice owner and great food but i find it difficult to park, it was much easier when he was located behind the rasta cafe

The Shell station across the street has free parking for the Salsa Kitchen customers.

Wow, really? Salsa Kitchen ranks at the bottom of my list for all restaurants in Chiang Mai. I've given it 3-4 tries and it's some of the most bland, tasteless food I've had here. Wouldn't say it's bad, but I found nothing good about it. And there's nothing good to say about the service either. El Diablo's, on the other hand, is very tasty to me and has exceptional service. Different tastes...

Where is Salsa kitchen located ?

Also Diablo's ?

I have had Miguels. Was ok but a bit pricey and salsa was lacking.

The taste was basically ok, especially for being in Thailand. Too much extra filling (beans, rice, salad) and not enough meat and cheese.

But to each their own. I prefer the extras to be only a small amount or none inside and the rest on the side.

Also no Nacho's and Cheese on offer. Only Chips covered with beans, some cheese, salad and sour cream. Would like a little Qaucamole (in season). The nacho's were more like a taco salad made with chips.

Edited by TacoBoy

Where is Salsa kitchen located ?

Also Diablo's ?

The taste was basically ok, especially for being in Thailand. Too much extra filling (beans, rice, salad) and not enough meat and cheese.

But to each their own. I prefer the extras to be only a small amount or none inside and the rest on the side.

Also no Nacho's and Cheese on offer. Only Chips covered with beans, some cheese, salad and sour cream. Would like a little Qaucamole (in season). The nacho's were more like a taco salad made with chips.

http://www.thesalsakitchen.com/hours-and-location/

Are you talking about their burritos? I'm pretty sure that they are just beans, meat and cheese and none of the other stuff (which I actually prefer as they all go in a Mission street burrito).

Are you talking about their burritos? I'm pretty sure that they are just beans, meat and cheese and none of the other stuff (which I actually prefer as they all go in a Mission street burrito).

Yes, I was referring to the Wet Steak Burrito. Lots of beans and little meat. but was good overall. Ms Taco enjoyed it immensely.