Chiang Mai Fc

111tingtong

Hello,

For anybody interested in football (soccer) Chiang Mai FC are playing Sara Buri FC this Sunday. Its away though. Next game at home will be the Sunday 20th against Chantaburi at 18:00 at the 700 Year Stadium. Any idea why they play at this time?

Ive never been myself and really looking forward to taking my daughter along for her first football game. Went along and had a look at the stadium a few weeks ago and its pretty impressive considering. The head coach, Mr René Desaeyere, who signed a 1 year contract and comes from Belgium I believe, never heard of him but I wish him all the success and hopefully he can get the Tigers into the Premier League. The Chiang Mai FC website is all in Thai so had to get the wife to do some translating, apparently the head coach is on a 5-6 million Baht contract, so the league must be pretty serious.

By the look of things they have already played two games, won one, lost one, could be worse.

Has anyone been?, would love to know what the atmosphere is like, anything like the UK? What are the ticket prices and are there season tickets available?

I was an avid Glasgow Rangers fan before moving to Thailand, 6 years ago, and miss going to the football at the weekends, hopefully Chiang Mai FC can do the business an relight that passion and they play in blue, bonus. I just hope there's pies and bovril available to keep me warm at half time whistling.gif

Please forgive me if I have any of the particulars wrong, the wife done the translating not me unsure.gif

Looks like a good atmosphere:

CMFC%201%20-%200%20SCUTD%20BY%20BERDBERD010.jpg

re ... The head coach, Mr René Desaeyere, who signed a 1 year contract and comes from Belgium I believe

i wondered why there was a picture of a ferang on this poster : (

now i know : )

thank you ... dave2 .... NOT a sports fan

post-42592-0-01458900-1299892347_thumb.j

Hi mate, theres a long running thread on here at this Link and there is also an English website on this Link that might help you abit save you from trying to translate every time. If you fancy meeting up before the next home game, a group of us meet at the Red Lion Pub on night bizzare 2 hours before kick off and theres always room in a car if you need a lift to the ground.

The prices for entry vary from 30 - 80 thb and you can buy a season ticket for 1200thb. Its a great Night out. The atmosphere is great lots of drums etc. On the bigger games theer has been 20,000 plus people but usually only between 10-15,000. Its not quite Old Firm but its a cracking way to spend an evening.

Edited by thaimiller

Aaah, that website in English makes so much more sense, thanks for the link and i'll bookmark the TV thread for reference, some good info there, nice onethumbsup.gif

I'll keep the Red Lion and you lads in mind, appreciate the invite and it does sound like a great night out, this time though just want to take the wee lassie along for her first game, nothing too dramatic. Do you know where the best section of the stadium to head for is, I mean I dont want to end up in the bouncy bouncy section with drums banging straight off with my daughter? Is there a main stand or can you freely move around the ground to suite?

30-80 Baht to get in, great prices, I remember paying that in GBP at Ibrox. Nothing wrong with 10-15K crowd, I can feel the atmosphere already, cant wait. Do you know what the ground capacity is?

Thanks again for the links that'll save me some time and the missus will appreciate not getting bothered about football.

See you there sometime.

Mon the Tigers.......partytime2.gifpost-4641-1156694572.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gifclap2.gif

PS I should really move this to the thread you linked, but I have no idea how to do that, maybe a mod can be of assistance?

I'll keep the Red Lion and you lads in mind,

With thaimillers yorkshire accent and your glaswegian accent, if you can understand each other i'm sure your have a stimulating conversation, oh i forgot kevins bit of scouse thrown in, any chance of doing an audio for us all to listen too :D.

Note :if you want someone to come down and talk in an accent that you all can understand then give me a shout :o:D

Aaah, that website in English makes so much more sense, thanks for the link and i'll bookmark the TV thread for reference, some good info there, nice onethumbsup.gif

I'll keep the Red Lion and you lads in mind, appreciate the invite and it does sound like a great night out, this time though just want to take the wee lassie along for her first game, nothing too dramatic. Do you know where the best section of the stadium to head for is, I mean I dont want to end up in the bouncy bouncy section with drums banging straight off with my daughter? Is there a main stand or can you freely move around the ground to suite?

30-80 Baht to get in, great prices, I remember paying that in GBP at Ibrox. Nothing wrong with 10-15K crowd, I can feel the atmosphere already, cant wait. Do you know what the ground capacity is?

Thanks again for the links that'll save me some time and the missus will appreciate not getting bothered about football.

See you there sometime.

Mon the Tigers.......partytime2.gifpost-4641-1156694572.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gifclap2.gif

PS I should really move this to the thread you linked, but I have no idea how to do that, maybe a mod can be of assistance?

The ground holds approx 25,000 and they got close to that on one game last season in the play-offs against Buriram and it was awesome.

Regarding the best place for you and your daughter, Its changed this season last year you could go anywhere for the same price, judging from the only game of the season so far the 80 thb section is going to be your best bet, there was a lot of space and no drums etc, avoid the 30thb across from the main stand, I love it over there but I don't think your daughter would. The 80 thb section is also the season ticket holders and I don't think they have sold that many due to having to splash out 1200thb in advance is not really the Thai way.

Hope you enjoy the game next week and keep a watch out for a few bald farangs at the front row of the 80thb section and thats us. Also note there will be a bald cockney guy about 10 rows back that you might want to keep away from :D