Israeli family of five killed by Palestinian militants in West Bank attack

News_Editor

Israeli family of five killed by Palestinian militants in West Bank attack

2011-03-12 22:58:49 GMT+7 (ICT)

ITAMAR, WEST BANK (BNO NEWS) -- Five Israeli settlers were murdered Friday overnight in the Itamar settlement near the West Bank city of Nablus, Israeli army said.

"We suffered a horrific terror attack [last night]", Gen. Avi Mizrahi, head of Israel's Central Command, said.

"An innocent family; a father, a mother and three of their children were murdered in the middle of the night by despicable terrorists. Rest assured, we are on a hunt after those responsible, and we will find them," he added.

The suspected terrorists broke and entered the house and stabbed the five family members to death. Israeli soldiers searched the area for suspects, and held security inspections at all crossings in the area. According to the Jerusalem Post, 20 people were arrested in the Nablus area in connection with the attack.

The al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, the armed wing of the Palestinian Fatah movement, claimed responsibility on Saturday for the attack, the German news agency DPA reported.

"The mujahid killed all who were in the house at around 1:15 am local time (2315 GMT) at predawn on Saturday", the group claimed in a statement sent to reporters.

"This heroic operation is part of the natural response to the massacres of the fascist occupation against our people in the West Bank and Gaza Strip", the statement said. "We tell the criminals of the (Israeli) occupation that their crimes won't pass without punishment."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu expressed his deep shock at the severe terror attack, saying "this is a despicable murder of an entire innocent family, parents,  children and an infant, while they were sleeping in their home on the Sabbath evening".

Netanyahu demanded that the Palestinian Authority assist in finding those responsible. 

"Israel will not stand by idly after such a despicable murder and will act vigorously to safeguard the lives of the citizens of Israel and punish the murderers", he added.

The United Kingdom also denounced the killings. 

"The friends and relatives of the family killed in Itamar have my deepest sympathies. This was an act of incomprehensible cruelty and brutality which I utterly condemn. We hope the perpetrator is swiftly brought to justice", UK Foreign Secretary William Hague said in a statement.

The attack came after several days of clashes between settlers and the Israeli Army. Last Tuesday, Israel distributed orders to demolish eight structures in the West Bank area. The Israeli government cited the lack of proper permits as the reason of the demolition of four homes and four farmhouses.

On Monday, Israel ordered to demolish all illegal West Bank outposts on private Palestinian land by the end of 2011. Israeli Cabinet Secretary Zvi Hauser said that the decision was made in response to a petition submitted by the non-governmental organization Peace Now.

According to the Israeli government, more demolitions of illegal structures were carried out against Israelis than among Palestinians in the West Bank. However, Palestinians villagers said that Israeli troops invade their homes on daily basis in an attempt to force them to leave.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-12

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This heroic operation is part of the natural response to the massacres of the fascist occupation against our people in the West Bank and Gaza Strip",

I do not understand how repeatedly stabbing 3 children is a heroic act. The Gaza strip is not occupied by Israel and the PLA is running the west bank.

Now, I am sure, the usual contingent will all crawl out to make excuses for the attack, but really, there is no justification for the murder of the family. The killers certainly do not represent west bank arab residents, many of whom have children of their own and are disgusted by the attack. The perpetrators of the attack claim to represent the population, but they do not. No one, but perhaps the politically twisted, designated them as their attack killers. The goal here was to force a hardening of Israeli positions and to embarass the PLA. These killers are not going to get away with it because the local arabs as much as they have grievances and difference with the Israelis do not support the murder of children, nor do they want or need foreign backed psychos on the loose.

The end result will be retaliatory actions that will only hurt all non implicated parties.

This heroic operation is part of the natural response to the massacres of the fascist occupation against our people in the West Bank and Gaza Strip",

I do not understand how repeatedly stabbing 3 children is a heroic act. The Gaza strip is not occupied by Israel and the PLA is running the west bank.

Now, I am sure, the usual contingent will all crawl out to make excuses for the attack, but really, there is no justification for the murder of the family. The killers certainly do not represent west bank arab residents, many of whom have children of their own and are disgusted by the attack. The perpetrators of the attack claim to represent the population, but they do not. No one, but perhaps the politically twisted, designated them as their attack killers. The goal here was to force a hardening of Israeli positions and to embarass the PLA. These killers are not going to get away with it because the local arabs as much as they have grievances and difference with the Israelis do not support the murder of children, nor do they want or need foreign backed psychos on the loose.

The end result will be retaliatory actions that will only hurt all non implicated parties.

There is no justification for murdering children. Just as I can see no possible justification for parents to put their children at risk by moving them into legitimately disputed territories.

There is no justification for murdering children. Just as I can see no possible justification for parents to put their children at risk by moving them into legitimately disputed territories.

That's a crafty way of putting it. I guess that's a compliment of sorts but it raises a question. I hope you aren't suggesting there is an equivalency in those separate actions.

Edited by Jingthing

That's a crafty way of putting it. I guess that's a compliment of sorts but it raises a question. I hope you aren't suggesting there is an equivalency in those separate actions.

No, not at all, but I doubt those children would be dead at the hand of those terrorists if their parents hadn't made them pawns in an illegal land grab scheme.

No, not at all, but I doubt those children would be dead at the hand of those terrorists if their parents hadn't made them pawns in an illegal land grab scheme.

Plenty of Israeli civilians have been slaughtered by terrorists in undisputed territory. There is no way to rationalize away this barbaric act that there is no excuse for - and that Fatah are so proud of that they are boasting about it.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Plenty of Israeli civilians have been slaughtered by terrorists in undisputed territory. There is no way to rationalize away this barbaric act that there is no excuse for - and that Fatah are so proud of that they are boasting about it.

Let me be clear: I condemn every single casualty, especially children and civilians from both sides and I also condemn this slaughter on an Israeli family.

But:

"As reported by the Israeli human rights group B'Tselem, since September 29, 2000 a total of 7,454 Palestinian and Israeli individuals were killed due to the conflict.

According to the report, 1,317 of the 6,371 Palestinians were minors, and at least 2,996 did not participate in fighting at time of death.

Palestinians killed 1,083 Israelis, including 741 civilians. 124 of those killed were minors"

I would say that your "Plenty" Israeli civilians is a minor number versus the Palastinian number...<_<

1,317 minor Palestinians versus 124 Israeli minors....that's 1,062% of a higher number on Palestinian side than Israeli....:(

But, every single death is one too many and it's about time for peace.

LaoPo

I find this story very strange...

"ITAMAR, WEST BANK (BNO NEWS) -- Five Israeli settlers were murdered Friday overnight in the Itamar* settlement near the West Bank city of Nablus, Israeli army said."

I searched for it on Google Maps and Itamar is a very small settlement with a mere few dozen homes (if there are so many) in the middle of nowhere and the West Bank.

To go there in the middle of the night and slaughter/murder a family (with a knife or knives) in one of those houses seems very risky to me and a very high chance to get caught by the other Israeli neighbours, soldiers, guards or road blocks...

Of course the blame is immediately pointed at the Palestinians but were one or more of them indeed the murderers or was there perhaps another reason or perpetrators ?

* ITAMAR Settlement: http://maps.google.c...015278&t=h&z=17

And, it seems that 2 other children, sleeping in another part of the house, as well as a 12-year-old girl, away from home, escaped the murders:

"(AP) Israel today hunted for the perpetrators of a grisly murder of a family of five in a remote West Bank settlement, and the Palestinian Authority sent security forces to join the manhunt. The knife attack, which killed two young children, a baby, and their parents as they slept, was the deadliest in years. Israeli forces set up checkpoints throughout the area surrounding the Itamar settlement in the northern West Bank.

Military officials said they had made some arrests, but wouldn't provide details.

"The murder of parents and their little children ... indicates a loss of humanity," said Israeli President Shimon Peres. "No religion and no faith in the world condones such atrocious acts."

Two young children asleep in another part of the house survived. Another family member, a 12-year-old girl, was away at a youth group function when the attack occurred. She arrived home to discover the carnage and then alerted authorities."

LaoPo

Of course the blame is immediately pointed at the Palestinians...

Huh? From the horses mouth:

"The mujahid killed all who were in the house at around 1:15 am local time (2315 GMT) at predawn on Saturday", the group claimed in a statement sent to reporters.

"This heroic operation is part of the natural response to the massacres of the fascist occupation against our people in the West Bank and Gaza Strip", the statement said. "We tell the criminals of the (Israeli) occupation that their crimes won't pass without punishment."

By your twisted logic you could level the same question against the parents of Buddhist children living in Thailand's southern three provinces as they are 'disputed' in the eyes of Islamofascists if nobody else. Of course cold blooded murder whether in Israel or Yemen or Egypt or wherever is exactly that and there is never any justification or excuse for it as BKKarim would no doubt agree.

By your twisted logic you could level the same question against the parents of Buddhist children living in Thailand's southern three provinces as they are 'disputed' in the eyes of Islamofascists if nobody else. Of course cold blooded murder whether in Israel or Yemen or Egypt or wherever is exactly that and there is never any justification or excuse for it as BKKarim would no doubt agree.

No twisted logic. I condemn the terrorist attack unreservedly.

I think you chose a pretty poor analogy there, but I suppose it suits your twisted logic. I think some better ones would be to question parents who would knowingly bring their children to a gang fight or maybe to a hospital ward of communicable deadly diseases. It is stupid and selfish and shows a negligent disregard for their lives which is beyond belief.

Edited by lannarebirth

And then blame the victims.

Only the parents, probably the father, whom I don't see as a victim but someone who started a chain of provocative events that could be expected to have a violent outcome. Sure, he's got to bear some of the responsibility. That doesn't mean the murderers aren't murders. i hope they are caught and hung.

Before or after the father of the children that they murdered?

I guess that those Christian families who were killed in Egypt deserved it for living in a Muslim country and committing "blasphemy" by worshiping the wrong God. :bah:

Edited by Ulysses G.

The so-called 'holy lands' are at a crossroads between Africa, Europe and Asia. It used to be somewhat lush, with cheetas, rhinos, giraffes and all sorts of other thriving wildlife. Now it's desert, completely overun by one species. It was desertified as far back as Moses' time - and the mentality of the humans hasn't developed much since then. Moses himself was a vengeful dictator who deputized his most violent sect, the 'Assassins' (that's where the word comes from) to decimate other Israeli tribes within his flock, if they strayed at all - from his dictates. This latest violent murder, as sad as it is, ....is part of a continuing pattern in that part of the world - where one species has grossly overrun the carrying capacity of the environment. Pardon me for ranting.

Before or after the father of the children that they murdered?

I guess that those Christian families who were killed in Egypt deserved it for living in a Muslim country and committing "blasphemy" by worshiping the wrong God. :bah:

You're a well read man UG so I assume you know what a specious argument is. If the book thing doesn't work out I forsee a good future career in punditry.

Anybody notice how the blame has now been shifted from the Palestinians to the parents?

The discussion now centers on the actions of the parents rather than the actions of the terrorist murderers.

Strange philosophy, indeed.

Anybody notice how the blame has now been shifted from the Palestinians to the parents?

The discussion now centers on the actions of the parents rather than the actions of the terrorist murderers.

Specious again. As if only one party can bet to blame. Here's an example. Say you're driving down the wrong side of the road and then someone intentionally runs in to you. Is only one party to blame for the outcome?

The so-called 'holy lands' are at a crossroads between Africa, Europe and Asia. It used to be somewhat lush, with cheetas, rhinos, giraffes and all sorts of other thriving wildlife. Now it's desert, completely overun by one species. It was desertified as far back as Moses' time - and the mentality of the humans hasn't developed much since then. Moses himself was a vengeful dictator who deputized his most violent sect, the 'Assassins' (that's where the word comes from) to decimate other Israeli tribes within his flock, if they strayed at all - from his dictates. This latest violent murder, as sad as it is, ....is part of a continuing pattern in that part of the world - where one species has grossly overrun the carrying capacity of the environment. Pardon me for ranting.

I don't think you are ranting. Just describing the culture and mentality that has changed little for thousands of years. Isn't this where "eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth" came from?

Only the parents, probably the father, whom I don't see as a victim but someone who started a chain of provocative events that could be expected to have a violent outcome. Sure, he's got to bear some of the responsibility. That doesn't mean the murderers aren't murders. i hope they are caught and hung.

Israel does not have the death penalty, even for those accused of terrorist crimes. I believe that Israel is the only country in the middle east that does not have it. (I note that Amnesty International states that Algeria and Morocco have not executed anyone recently, but the death penalty is still available.)

What a crock of sh*t. Look up the origin of the word. It is Arabic. Hashashin حشّاشين Moses did not deputize any sect. What bible did you get this from? The new Church of the Aryan Nations version or maybe you are confusing it with some hate literature put out by the same people that claim the 9-11 hijackers were CIA/Mossad/MI5 agents?

Logic has no place in these Israeli/Palestinian discussions

You will be labeled an antisemitic don't ya know ?

So let me get this straight you actually do blame the victims, I suppose you could also blame the parents of any children killed by the Tokyo earthquake for conciously living on an a geological fault line. Just for a second cast your jaundiced eye at a map of the world, most every border you find will have blood spilled over it because land was disputed at one time or other. You could blame the parents of Coptic Christian children in Egypt or yes indeed Buddhists living in Yala by your peverted reasoning.

I do note your weasel words and mealy mouthed expressions of regret which would indeed do the Palestian authority proud.

I notice how some try to shift the the blame from some "terrorists" to all Arabs. All we know about there terrorists responsibility is some anonymous telephone call.

So let me get this straight you actually do blame the victims, I suppose you could also blame the parents of any children killed by the Tokyo earthquake for conciously living on an a geological fault line. Just for a second cast your jaundiced eye at a map of the world, most every border you find will have blood spilled over it because land was disputed at one time or other. You could blame the parents of Coptic Christian children in Egypt or yes indeed Buddhists living in Yala by your peverted reasoning.

I do note your weasel words and mealy mouthed expressions of regret which would indeed do the Palestian authority proud.

Tokyo earthquake is a natural disaster. Hardly the same thing.

Edited by Wallaby

Specious again. As if only one party can bet to blame. Here's an example. Say you're driving down the wrong side of the road and then someone intentionally runs in to you. Is only one party to blame for the outcome?

This is a rather silly position.

If I am driving down the wrong side of the road, why would someone "intentionally" run into me?

You might want to rethink your argument.