Former Contributor Libya115

Richb2004v2

I'm sure some here will remember Libya115 for his often controversial contributions to the Pattaya news forum. I've been a friend of his for six years until around six months ago when he returned to the Uk supposedly for a short visit. I then lost all contact with him and began to worry about what had happened to him. After searching online I finally made a very sad discovery that he had taken his own life in the Yorkshire Dales. This came as a shock to me, and I am looking for others that may have had contact with him before he left Thailand. He had other drinking friends in Pattaya that I don't know. When last I was with him he seemed no different to normal. I would like to get an understanding of what may have driven him to this sad act.

Thanks.

I sorta remember he was hounded away from this forum by some other members for supposedly always posting negative news about Pattaya. The news forum was not the same after he left. Maybe in his honor this thread should be moved to the Pattaya News forum.

Requiscat Pacen

I sorta remember he was hounded away from this forum by some other members for supposedly always posting negative news about Pattaya. The news forum was not the same after he left. Maybe in his honor this thread should be moved to the Pattaya News forum.

Requiscat Pacen

Have to agree.

Sorry to hear this sad news, remember him for best for posting the news one thing for sure is even if we did not know his real name we sure remember the name "Libya 115"

RIP :jap:

He was a nice guy. We used to meet every other week at Soi 13 Sportmens Bar when ever we were here at the same time. I'll miss those afternoons. He was only 44 years old. I'm trying to find out what might have driven him to this. I've a feeling it may have been a terminal illness.

If anyone knew him or thinks they knew him and talking to him anytime last year please PM me. He told me he used to drink in what he called 'The Windmill Bar' in Jomtien. I don't know if that's the real name of the bar or where it it unfortunately. He mentioned 'Cheap Charlies' too but again I don't know if that's an actual bar.

It would be easier if I gave his name I guess, but I'm not sure if that's permitted. His christian name was John anyway, and he was from Manchester.

Thanks.

please do not post his name here. It is not allowed to disclose the identity of thaivisa members, whether they are dead or alive. John from Manchester I let slip, this is too vague to make really a connection.