Dtac Gprs Set Up On Laptop

ChickenTonight

Hi

I had GPRS working through dtac on my laptop, but I had to delete the connection from WinXP bwcause it conflicted with something else.

I want to set it up again but the customer support people are driving me crazy, I just need the settings. But they keep teling me all this bullsh**i - click here do this do that. I am a qualified network engineer but I can't understand their english.

Does anyone have the phone number username passord ( it think its blank)and other general settings to put into my XP connection (I already have gprs set up properly on my handset). I tried the Nokia one touch connect software but it wont work for DTAC.

Thanks

Hi

I had GPRS working through dtac on my laptop, but I had to delete the connection from WinXP bwcause it conflicted with something else.

I want to set  it up again but the customer support people are driving me crazy, I just need the settings. But they keep teling me all this bullsh**i - click here do this do that. I am a qualified network engineer but I can't understand their english.

Does anyone have the phone number username passord ( it think its blank)and other general settings to put into my XP connection (I already have gprs set up properly on my handset). I tried the Nokia one touch connect software but it wont work for DTAC.

Thanks

As far as I know all the networks use the same phone number, put this in the dial up networking *99***1# as the phone number, this is assuming your phones modem is being detected via IrDA / USB or bluetooth already. I don't know about username or password, it may not need any. When I had orange gprs you also had do put in some extra modem init stings in via control panel, modems, "yourphonesmodem" properties and adanced. (your phone must be connected to pc for it to show up as a modem) The init string was :

+cgdcont=1,"ip","internet";

Hope this can be of use and a step in the right direction.

Cheers EDIT / Looks like above poster beat me to it with better info anyways.

Edited by Pomthai