Haven'T Used My Bank Account For 15 Months

Sure just do it on line or give me all your banking info and I will transfer all your money to my account for safe keeping as I do use my ATM card daily in spending all my money each and everyday..by using my ATM card to buy everything.. It cost me 600 baht a day to feed all my 60 dogs and puppies so that is 18,000 baht a month or 216,000 baht a year. Waiting for your reply... The JackSter in C\M

I have/had an account with the Siam Commercial bank and due to being out of LOS for over a year they charged me 50 baht per month (600 baht) for none usage and froze the account until such times as i used it again.

On my return i closed the account and opened a new one with the Krungsri bank.

I have an account at the Din Daeng Branch of Kasikornbank which is still open and has had a zero balance since 2005. I had opened a new one in Udon and was told that if I wanted to close the other I had to do it in person at the branch. At the time it had a small balance and was attracting a fee of 20 Baht a month, they 'hinted' to me to just withdraw the balance and walk away from it, which I did, but there it is on my internet account still healthy with it's zero balance???

• 1 year later...

Would the yearlong inactivity freeze also apply to an account at SCB? I opened the account in February of this year (2012) but won't retire in Bangkok until February 2013 at which point I would want to use the account on a regular basis. Would be a good idea to wire a little money to my account each month until then to keep it active? Thanks in advance for any guidance on this.smile.png

I openned a SCB account in Phuket in 2008. The next time it was utilised was in 2010. No charges were made. I then moved to the north in 2011 and closed the account. The closed account then credited me with interest. I then asked my new SCB bank to transfer this to my new account in Phayao. They did but charged a fee. Then the closed account credited more interest. This time it was only 1.44 baht. It is still in the closed account.

I think that each branch of the SCB(in a province or as local Thais say country)operate as individually compared to the rest of Thailand. What happens in one area may not happen in another

Well, if SCB in Phuket allowed the account to be open for two years without any activity, I'm going to assume that SCB at Chidlom will allow one year of inactivity. If anybody knows if that would not be a good idea, please post. Thanks!

Note sure about SCB policy. But, when I opened my Kasikorn acc I asked this topic's question to the bank when opening my account.

K Banks Answer; No acticvity beyond a year would not be a problem and my account will still be valid and open . Although, If my balance fell below the min. (1 or 2 thousand bht IIRC), then they charge a small monthly fee.

Best to check SCB's policy and their min balance requirements.

I have/had an account with the Siam Commercial bank and due to being out of LOS for over a year they charged me 50 baht per month (600 baht) for none usage and froze the account until such times as i used it again.

On my return i closed the account and opened a new one with the Krungsri bank.

same happend to me

My previous post was incorrect. I do appologise. I have just remembered that it was frozen after 12 months inactivity. I had internet banking and was able to check. I was out of the country and had to get someone to manually deposit some money into my account. The amount deposited was 100 baht. It was then unfrozen. Sorry about the earlier post. We are all getting a little older.

I openned a SCB account in Phuket in 2008. The next time it was utilised was in 2010. No charges were made. I then moved to the north in 2011 and closed the account. The closed account then credited me with interest. I then asked my new SCB bank to transfer this to my new account in Phayao. They did but charged a fee. Then the closed account credited more interest. This time it was only 1.44 baht. It is still in the closed account.

I think that each branch of the SCB(in a province or as local Thais say country)operate as individually compared to the rest of Thailand. What happens in one area may not happen in another

That's true of all the banks.