Galvanizing

shaggy1969

Hi there everybody,

Could somebody please help me with a problem i have? I have been searching for a galvanizing shop in or around Kalasin , am based in Kuchinarai (Bua Khao) and can only find galvanising shops in Bangkok and Rayong.Does anybody know of any in or around my area?

yours rustingly, Shaggy :rolleyes:

Shaggy,

Me again. Sorry to say you are unlikely to find a galvenising source around you. If you do be prepared for problems. I have tried lots of things but have settled for painting with touchups as required. What you can do is design a standard foot for everything that touches the floor and make those out of stainless. Yes bimetal corrosion occurs but you will be a long time dead before it is an issue.

I have yet to find a source of cold galvenising coating here. I seen it has been used, by havent found a store that sells it. I would appreciated anyone letting me know if you have found it. That to me would be the answer. Plenty of zinc based paints but none as good so far.

The best "longest lasting" undercoat I have found is automotive underbody sealant, difficult to spray and a rough finish, but sticks like sh1t to a blanket. Normal process for me is to sand blast, power wash and then undercoat AQAP.

Isaan Aussie