New Nokia C5 W/ Ais 12Call And No Email

I recently bought a new Nokia C5-03. I used 1-2 Call (willing to change). I need to send/receive email, the primary reason for the phone. I read the Nokia guide (no luck). I searched the internet for an answer (no luck). I contacted AIS at 1175 (no luck). I can't seem to be able to set up my phone so that I can send/receive email. I mainly use gmail. Do you have any ideas how to do this. The "set up wizzard" does not work either. Thanks.

The Nokia - Australia seems to have pretty detailed customer support for the Nokia C5-03 here:

http://www.nokia.com...-c5-03/

From there you can download the Guilde (pdf file) which has detail instructions under messaging. The link "Set up your e-mail" does not show you how to set up your email". It only shows how to send/receive messages once the mailbox is setup.

Edited by BB1950

Hi. Thanks for the advice, but nothing worked. And I received no response from Nokia service center in Australia. I would think that this would be easy since it is probably the most important thing people want when they purchase a phone like mine. Perhaps I should have purchased a Blackberry instead :) Now I am going to have to make a special trip to the AIS office in Bangkok to see if they can set my phone so that I can send and receive email (specifically, Gmail).

It should be easy...as you can see from the video.

You need to use GSM Data (2G: GPRS/EDGE) to send/receive email (unless you have a WiFi connection). You used to be able to use GPRS/EDGE without a data plan, paying 1 baht/min., maybe that has changed and now you need to subscribe to a data plan?

Is there any chance you could provide a few more details? "nothing worked" is hardly sufficient information when trying to trouble-shoot what is likely a very easy to solve issue?

When you say that "the set-up wizard didn't work", what do you mean? You were able to complete the wizard but still not get email? Do you have a GSM signal? From TH-GSM? Can you make/receive phone calls? Can you send an MMS? What is your current balance/expiration date (press *121# and then dial)? Have you configured your email as described above? Your phone has WiFi, can you connect using WiFi? Get email? What happens when you try to send an email? Any error messages? Maybe your phone is trying to use WiFi instead of GPRS? What did One-2-Call say when called 1175?

Without a lot more detail my best guesses are: no GPRS or misconfigured (wrong email address or password) email settings.

You need to use GSM Data (2G: GPRS/EDGE) to send/receive email (unless you have a WiFi connection). You used to be able to use GPRS/EDGE without a data plan, paying 1 baht/min., maybe that has changed and now you need to subscribe to a data plan?

Is there any chance you could provide a few more details? "nothing worked" is hardly sufficient information when trying to trouble-shoot what is likely a very easy to solve issue?

When you say that "the set-up wizard didn't work", what do you mean? You were able to complete the wizard but still not get email? Do you have a GSM signal? From TH-GSM? Can you make/receive phone calls? Can you send an MMS? What is your current balance/expiration date (press *121# and then dial)? Have you configured your email as described above? Your phone has WiFi, can you connect using WiFi? Get email? What happens when you try to send an email? Any error messages? Maybe your phone is trying to use WiFi instead of GPRS? What did One-2-Call say when called 1175?

Without a lot more detail my best guesses are: no GPRS or misconfigured (wrong email address or password) email settings.

Hi Lomatopo. I am not able to answer all of your questions. My account balance in fine. My phone has WiFi but no WiFi location shows as being available. When I try to receive an email message I get some error message about a data packet. 1-2 Call said they would send a message to my phone with instructions. The message was automatically deleted for some reason unknown. I have no idea if I have a GSM signal and do not know how to find out. Maybe that is the source of the problem: no GSM Data plan. Yes, I configured my email as "described above" but it did not work: can't send or receive emails. This may or may not be useful, but I tried to configures Pop mail but was not able to do so; my phone seems to only allow IMAP4 or something like that. I think the best thing for me to do is to go directly to AIS and get them to set it up. It is possible that I may need to purchase some special "plan" for email (I have no idea). Yes, I can make/receive phone calls and send/receive text messages.Thanks.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

Hi again. I just called AIS (no answer). 1-2 call (1175), can't receive their message because it is automatically deleted. Nokia support in Australia (no response). What a bunch of worthless %&*%$#@. Back to the phone. I just noticed that at the top left corner it shows: TH GSM. I am using 1-2-call. I use gmail. Everything seems to be working except email (I have not tried to connect to the internet and really don't care to do that using my phone; only interested in sending and receiving email). I am not making any mistake in terms of the correct email name and password. Something else is going on. I can easily set this up on my computer. But it seems impossible to do on the Nokia C5-03. I have WLAN scanning off. I have something called OVI (no idea what that is).

I assume the problem is the lack of an APN. The phone uses the APN details to establish a GSM data (GPRS/EDGE) connection. Sorry I didn't realize this earlier.

Usually the APN information is on the SIM so I am surprised you do not have the AIS APN set up? Also, AIS were sending you "service" messages which when you accept or execute adds the appropriate APN information into your phone.

You can create, add or edit an APN.

Maybe give it a reference name like 12callAPN

The only required settings are...

APN: internet

username: --leave blank--

password: --leave blank--

--leave blank-- means do not enter any text.

Once you have this APN saved you should immediately have a GSM data connection, and be able to send/receive email.

Or just click on a browser icon and see if can connect to the internet.