Air Asia From New Zealand

laphroaig

HI

Looking at flights to Thailand and Air Asia look good on price.

They have two options for me. Christchurch to Thailand via KL and Melbourne to Thailand via KL. Either way would be ok for me

I don't mind a bit of a delay and happily understand you don't get the bells and whistles but I wondered if anyone had any experience of these two routes, or Air Asia long haul.

I have flown with Air Aisa internally and been pretty happy so far.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

T

I bet you don't find anyone who can comment with personal experience on the Christchurch route with Air Asia.

I've flown Air Asia from KL to Tianjin and back, a 5+ hour flight. It was fine and exactly what I expected. If you understand Air Asia's rules and fees and are willing to accept them, then you'll be happy with their prices.

I love the LCCT at KLIA. The food court is great and convenient. If you need to overnight, the Tune Hotel is less than a 5 minute walk away. Better than anything at Swampy or the main terminal at KLIA.

Thanks Guys

comments are appreciated. I probably don;t have a problem with the limited service on the flight and can be fairly self sufficient given the rules about what can be taken on board. Their planes have always appeared comfortable and clean and staff have been good in my limited experience. It will mean a flight to Christchurch and a delay or stopover in KL for onwards to CNX but maybe that i itself is a good experience. I will report after the flight for others

Cheers