Childbirth Classes In Ubon

Frozen

childbirth/prenatal/antenatal classes... whatever they are called, may it be exercise or just seminars with other pregnant women preparing for birth... Any chance to find something like that in Ubon or surroundings?

According to my current informations: I don't think so :/

Hi Frozen, I think you might be correct with your assumption of nothing being available.

A very high percentage of Thai mothers to be chose to have a c - section so there is really no need for child birth classes.

Just ask all your questions here on Thai Visa as we are all experts on everything! :D

When we had our children, I asked the wife about lessons and was greet with a blank expression. But when looking for a nanny on the internet there was a nanny company that offered courses for new mothers to teach them how to take care of new borns.

My wife had both our children here in Ubon. Since, she is Thai, she understood the

process that was involved.

If your wife is not Thai, I would highly suggest she consult with another women

who has experienced giving birth here in Ubon.

Good luck..

When we had our children, I asked the wife about lessons and was greet with a blank expression. But when looking for a nanny on the internet there was a nanny company that offered courses for new mothers to teach them how to take care of new borns.

Nanny? What about her Mother or aunts or other elder female relatives?

Of course parents and other relatives are a source of information. But I am not sure if they are always the best ;) You will always get a mix of out-dated recommendations, including religious and superstitious views. I would prefer a professional point of view. Seems like we have to torture our OB with all the questions then ;)

Exercise wise we will then depend on some decent Prenatal Exercise DVDs. Doing this with a group of other pregnant women would be more fun for my wife though.

And of course, I appreciate all the informations on the forum :)

My wife and I don't remember Ubon Rak ever offering it. As said above, they automatically assume c-section. I know Bumrungrad does in Bangkok. Not exactly in the area of course. There's some independent midwives in the country that would probably fly out to give some crash course lessons. I can shoot some e-mails and get names if you're interested.

Edited by ubonrthai