Us Visa Application Pin

Hi,

My wife is applying for a visa for the US and after purchasing the required PIN we received an 11 digit number that has 2 letters (W and B ) at the beginning of it.

The problem is when you call the embassy phone number for appointments it requests you to input the PIN - does anyone know how to input the 2 letters at the beginning of the PIN ?

We have tried using 9 (once) for the W and 2 (twice) for the B with no luck.

Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by 7by7
Smiley converted to B; Leave a space between B and ) otherwise the software will think it's a smiley!

Hi Michael,

The numbers are not similar.

We purchased the PIN online with credit card and it is in the following format WB123456789

2 alpha's and 9 numeric

Now I'm wondering if by purchasing online you are only allowed to make the reservation online and by purchasing the PIN in the post office you are only allowed to make the appointment by phone (?????)

That brings another issue since when checking online it only gives the months March and April which are completely booked out. No option to check May/June - see attached.

Any further advice is appreciated.

post-54916-0-91789100-1301017176_thumb.j

Edited by mogy

Hi Michael,

We purchased the PIN online with credit card and it is in the following format WB123456789

2 alpha's and 9 numeric

Now I'm wondering if by purchasing online you are only allowed to make the reservation online and by purchasing the PIN in the post office you are only allowed to make the appointment by phone (?????)

That brings another issue since when checking online it only gives the months March and April which are completely booked out. No option to check May/June - see attached.

Have you tried asking Simple Question here [email protected]

Hi Michael,

2 alpha's and 9 numeric

Have you tried asking Simple Question here [email protected]

They also have a Webchat daily I believe to help .. it is a facebook page believe it or not..

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=154044127973770

Webchat

Edited by MichaelMulligan

Everyone I have spoken to that got a visa to the US say it takes about 2 or 3 months to get appointment. As for the web page--My Thai wife is also trying to get US B2 visa and she sees the same page and dates---either they do not update that page often or they open all the appointments for the next month all at once?????. Have not tried the phone--I thought that was a pay service??

Everyone I have spoken to that got a visa to the US say it takes about 2 or 3 months to get appointment. As for the web page--My Thai wife is also trying to get US B2 visa and she sees the same page and dates---either they do not update that page often or they open all the appointments for the next month all at once?????. Have not tried the phone--I thought that was a pay service??

The appointments page was updated yesterday and now has May - all fully booked.

The appointments page was updated yesterday and now has May - all fully booked.

I noticed the same thing today... we've been trying to schedule an interview since January... we must have tried over 100 times and it's always full... totally useless appointment booking system and a very big waste of our time and money (the PIN is about expire after 90 days).

Edit: I should mention we went through this same process of booking an interview for our previous visa (about 2 years ago) and there were many dates available to choose from.

Edited by danfred