Earthquake

zippydedodah

Just to highlight our local faults attached is a map of the active known fault systems in Thailand. By comparison I have also attached a fault map of the British isles which is more comprehensive due to the greater resources dedicated to such mapping over time, and makes the point that fault systems are very common and many remain largely unknown till they become active.

post-103884-0-92004100-1301394055_thumb.

post-103884-0-66612000-1301394129_thumb.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely another small one around 0730 this morning (didn't look at the clock but it was before 0800).

I felt a big one this afternoon, perhaps two hours ago. What with blue water and earthquakes no one else is feeling it might be time for me to check into Suan Prung,

Definitely another small one around 0730 this morning (didn't look at the clock but it was before 0800).

I felt a big one this afternoon, perhaps two hours ago. What with blue water and earthquakes no one else is feeling it might be time for me to check into Suan Prung,

This link might provide us all with a reality check and more of a pragmatic view than speculation regarding the Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai area.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/455594-after-burma-earthquakes-rocked-thailand-too/

The USGS shows no quake activity in this region since Saturday, so unless you are in Japan, try doing less of the Chang!

See attached maps. Blue are quakes in last 24 hours, yellow in last 7 days. red is last 60 minutes. They don't plot quakes less than 2.5 magnitude, so it could have been a small tremor. Where are you located?

post-103884-0-33373600-1301395413_thumb.

post-103884-0-30100300-1301395438_thumb.

The USGS shows no quake activity in this region since Saturday, so unless you are in Japan, try doing less of the Chang!

See attached maps. Blue are quakes in last 24 hours, yellow in last 7 days. red is last 60 minutes. They don't plot quakes less than 2.5 magnitude, so it could have been a small tremor. Where are you located?

Your reply is confusing "try doing less of the Chang". My post was simple enough and referring to the Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai area provided by the link I have shown for people living in that fault line area. I am located in Chiang Mai ..Sansai area.

Your reply is confusing "try doing less of the Chang". My post was simple enough and referring to the Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai area provided by the link I have shown for people living in that fault line area. I am located in Chiang Mai ..Sansai area.

I think he was referring to this:

untitled.bmp

Edited by thaimiller

Reply was for James24, not you. Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Hey, without any smoke to complain about this year, please allow people another outlet!

Please, we're behind on wild alarmist speculation as it is. Common sense is the last thing we need in times like these.

Thank you.

How about we start a count down to 21 Dec 2012 when we are all of course going to die, at least according to "scientists".

It's only 631 days to go, or thereabouts....

633 according to this waste of web space. You just got an extra 2 days to enjoy.

Great website.

I was particularly impressed by the piece on their front page;

"United States lost many lives on 9.11.01

Japan lost many lives on 3.10.11

Add the two dates together and you get 12.21.12"

This is obviously for the mathematically and accuracy challenged as the Sendai earthquake was on 11 March (US style 3 11 11), so their sums don't add up. March 10 in Japan was a fairly typical day. And that's just on the front page how much more inaccurate BS lurks within.

PS It's now only 632 days till certain death according to the same website...I'm very worried.

Edited by folium

May? You wish.

The monk in Loei say March 2011. gives us about 2 and a half days.

How about we start a count down to 21 Dec 2012 when we are all of course going to die, at least according to "scientists".

It's only 631 days to go, or thereabouts....

633 according to this waste of web space. You just got an extra 2 days to enjoy.

2012 ? You wish.

http://www.may-212011.com/