Lazada ! One more misleading tactic.

CharlieH

The platform is going south quickly.

Not as extreme as the above, but variations. I want to buy a utility knife, but I cant do any price comparisons, because the first variant is replacement blades, or in one example a plastic f'ing cap for a utility knife. I'll just buy from global house going forward I think.  Then I see a vacuum that I can use with the sander, 800baht, but the variant is actually replacement bags.  They could police this easily but choose not to.

Can still get some good deals on the big ticket items from official stores, but small items under a 1000baht probably easier and cheaper to buy it when out shopping, anything under a 100baht you'll probably find in your local 20baht shop or Mr.DIY for a cheaper price

Edited by farang9392
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, farang9392 said:

The platform is going south quickly

Shopee is the same ....    it's just rubbish ....  you ask the shop a question about the product,  the answer comes back ' thank you for your buying our product '  bla ... bla ...  You contact the help center for any query or assistance and it's all in Thai language ..... it's a form to fill out with zero English.     Pathetic on-line shopping.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I can clearly notice lately a lot on both platforms, sellers offering an item at 50% of normal price.

On Lazada you can then immediately see that the seller has no ratings yet for any of the 3 subjects.

On Shopee it will show joined 2 weeks ago or so.

I skip over all these without a second thought.

Yeah like S0ny offical and P@nasonic Direct 3431 etc.. I know real-time moderation is hard but they seem to deliberately turn a blind eye to everything. People give Amazon a bad rep but it's a million times safer than these platforms

A lot of dodgy ones try to move stuff off platform quickly, line ID as a watermark always a good sign leading to COD off platform etc.. 

6 minutes ago, farang9392 said:

Yeah like S0ny offical and P@nasonic Direct 3431 etc.. I know real-time moderation is hard but they seem to deliberately turn a blind eye to everything. People give Amazon a bad rep but it's a million times safer than these platforms

A lot of dodgy ones try to move stuff off platform quickly, line ID as a watermark always a good sign leading to COD off platform etc.. 

never had a problem with Amazon, or Ebay for that matter...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

never had a problem with Amazon, or Ebay for that matter...

Had problems with eBay, fake football shirt, didnt get anywhere with it other than seller refunded if withdraw complaint, the account continued trading for another 6 months with around 50 positive reviews a day then one day suspended.. I followed it as at this point I was just interested to the point of hoping on a flight to Tunisia and doing the same thing myself, I didn't but man so easy.. He must of made a killing in meantime, a lot of consumers are too stupid to notice

Edited by farang9392

50 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

At least 95% of what I bought on Lazada was what I expected.

If the description is misleading or unclear, I don't buy it.

If the seller rating is low, I won't buy it.

If the price is too good to be true, I won't buy it.

If I am not sure, I chat with the shop. Some don't react with anything useful, so I don't buy it.

Thats still leaves many good shops with many interesting products which are difficult to find in shops. I am sure some shops sell those things. But where? And do I want to travel to the other side of the city for a 100B item if I can just order it and wait for 2 days?

I guess it would be very difficult for Lazada to filter out some products and/or sellers. How many sellers are there? And how many products? Should a team of 100 people every day look at all those details? Who will pay for that?

Look at the details of the product and the seller. Chat with them. And only buy if you think all is ok. 

I follow the same guide as you.I've been ordering from both for a few years now and only been stung once.I've given up on traipsing around the big box stores for half an hour or more of time wasting.

I use due diligence and often compare the 2 co's.

If by chance an item is out of stock I always receive a refund.I never buy bigger items(TV,washer,ac units etc) online though.For that I try to use local shops in case of problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

The best thing to do is determine if it coming from china... if so don't buy it.

Why? Some items are only available to buy if you order from Chinese sellers.

Like with everything, a little bit of common sense goes along way.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

The B. 420 price for a proper air rifle and pallets should have given you a clue that this is too cheap and something is not right here

Where it actually states "tin wall sign" is a better clue that the item isn't pellets and a very small gun.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

The only problem I have had with Lazada has been with clothes, The sizing is ridiculous , even with international brands ---Nike etc , 3XL  seems to be about a medium in most western countries.

What do you expect for an Asian site selling in Asia to, predominantly, Asians?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Shopee has English speakers in their call centre.

how does one get onto their call center because when you click on the help center box you are taken to a page that is in Thai Language,  there is no english option .... and down the bottom of the page there is a chat box and an email box,  when you click chat nothing happens,  as such they don't have a chat option any more as they did ages ago.  Then you try to send an email and you go round in circles in that you receive a reply the customer service is now done via their help form so you click on that and then your back to the form that is all in Thai Language. 

It's a disaster   !     absolutely  user-unfriendly  .....  unless you read Thai and can select each option it's useless.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

The best thing to do is determine if it coming from china... if so don't buy it.

Doesn't leave you with much choice left. I once asked a Chinese colleague, in my diplomatic way, why so many products from China are such cr*p, and he was surprised. He'd had no problems with what he bought there. I think it's another example of Thailand selling the lowest quality of goods from there for the lowest price, and that quality goods are available in China for a higher price. It's like the Chinese tourists that Thailand attracts - bottom of the barrel, and the better quality ones go elsewhere.

• Like 1