My New Kawasaki Vulcan Se - 2010

dagling

I got my new bike two weeks ago from Chiang Ma. A Kawasaki Vulcan 900 SE, with original Kawasaki extra lights, luggage bags and new chrome handlebars. My ride back home was about 500 km, and I just love the ride :jap:. So thank`s Garry.

post-84957-0-07566500-1301019784_thumb.j

post-84957-0-14523500-1301019800_thumb.j

post-84957-0-87970700-1301019810_thumb.j

post-84957-0-12304800-1301019820_thumb.j

post-84957-0-51691400-1301019828_thumb.j

My girlfriend has a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom, and I cannot understand that some people on this forum can say anything negative about it, if I compare the Vulcan to my H-D XL1200N Nightster I have to say that many things are much better suspension, acceleration and fuel economics... not forget it costs a good amount less.

My girlfriend has a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom, and I cannot understand that some people on this forum can say anything negative about it, if I compare the Vulcan to my H-D XL1200N Nightster I have to say that many things are much better suspension, acceleration and fuel economics... not forget it costs a good amount less.

I havn`t seen any negative about the bike in this forum, you have a link?

Regarding you HD, I have a freind who have the same bike, and belive it or not, he say the same thing (almost). HD name is what you pay for :lol: ( I know, some of you want admit it) B)

Can I ask what you paid?

Sure you can ask, but I would not tell :lol: That`s between me and Garry ;)

What I can tell, it`s that I really love it. It`s so much easier to handle comparing to my Yamaha Roadstar 1600. But then again, it`s two totally different bikes.

post-84957-0-50687800-1301024072_thumb.j

Edited by dagling

Can I ask what you paid?

Sure you can ask, but I would not tell :lol: That`s between me and Garry ;)

What I can tell, it`s that I really love it. It`s so much easier to handle comparing to my Yamaha Roadstar 1600. But then again, it`s two totally different bikes.

Sorry, I meant the insurance cost, not the bike ...I'm not that nosy :lol:

Nice bike for sure the Vulcan.

Richard did you change the filter/exhaust on your Nightster to stage one and remapped? Without proper breathing the HD's are laking power. Another poster (Barry I think) said he could achieve 200 km/h on his 1200 HD and good acceleration too.

Yes Yes I know, I am hard core Harley man, I just love the sound of them.

Nice bike for sure the Vulcan.

Richard did you change the filter/exhaust on your Nightster to stage one and remapped? Without proper breathing the HD's are laking power. Another poster (Barry I think) said he could achieve 200 km/h on his 1200 HD and good acceleration too.

Yes Yes I know, I am hard core Harley man, I just love the sound of them.

@Guzzi850m2,

Nope, I didn't modify my H-D that much, and I'm a more down to earth person – I'm sure that even if with some grand unbelievable modifications the XL1200N could reach 200km/h I would never be able to stay in the saddle. While I can reach 160km/h, flat on the tank to hide from the forces of nature... 200km/h on a XL1200N, in the real world, seems for me impossible.

Anyway, me and my girlfriend have sportsbikes if we want to ride fast...

P.S. I believe the fastest Harley ever recorded was one doing near 360km/h, but that one was dropped out of a airplane.

I ride my Harley for cruising around... you should try it once... it's nice

Edited by Richard-BKK

Richard-Bkk do you have a picture of your Nightser?

Richard-Bkk do you have a picture of your Nightser?

I think the Nightster is one of the Harley Bikes that i'd also like....yeah show us some pics of your Nightster Richard, so much nicer on Bike-threads to look at pics :D

happy trails,

mbox

All this talk got me going again... Went to the motor show today and looked at the HD and the Vulcans again... Went back to Rama 9 and ordered a new Vulcan Classic SE. Pick it up Monday. Got me beat why "accounting" doesn't work Saturday... When I wanted one today, cash folding money in hand, the response is just "computer says no...". Never mind, Monday it has to be. (keeping the 650 Ninja for Monday to Friday for now.)

All this talk got me going again... Went to the motor show today and looked at the HD and the Vulcans again... Went back to Rama 9 and ordered a new Vulcan Classic SE. Pick it up Monday. Got me beat why "accounting" doesn't work Saturday... When I wanted one today, cash folding money in hand, the response is just "computer says no...". Never mind, Monday it has to be. (keeping the 650 Ninja for Monday to Friday for now.)

Ha ha ha... Welcome to the Kawa family TimThai :jap: The classic is for sure a good looking bike :)

Picked up the new Vulcan today... Couldn't believe how nimble it was in the city traffic. With the rake on the front forks, it actually seems to be easier than the Ninja to get around the stationery cars at the lights, and only a little wider in clearance. Only took it back to the office then home, but very impressed!

Picked up the new Vulcan today... Couldn't believe how nimble it was in the city traffic. With the rake on the front forks, it actually seems to be easier than the Ninja to get around the stationery cars at the lights, and only a little wider in clearance. Only took it back to the office then home, but very impressed!

Congratulations, yes it's a great bike you've got yourself. No doubt. 'm Sure you will get many great mil on that bike. Ride on. B)

• 5 months later...

Hi sgun,

i am considering to purchase a vulcan too - just not sure about custom or classic. I rented a classic last sunday and it was great but cant find a custum for a test drive. Are you happy so far, any upgrdaes done? How much were the saddle bags?

Cheers Jay

I almost bought Garys bike but went with a new classic instead. Had it a month now and did 1000K. I love it.

first class Insurance was 11,000.

I have my Vulcan 900 Custom 2010 for sale her on TV. But to be honest, I think I just keep it.

Why? Because I just love it.

After I put the new rear OD pully (lower`s the RPM) and the new tires on it, it became a much better ride. The stock is just great too.

This it what I have put on my bike in the last few month`s, all imported parts from the US.

New Cobra Swept exhaust (search on Youtube), Baron Big Air Kit, Fi2000 Fuel Tuner, LED tail lights with clear glass, new Pirelli Night Dragon tires (200x80x15 rear and 90x21 front) and rear Scootworks overdrive pulley and the original light bar in the front.

980513.jpeg

980514.jpeg

980515.jpeg

980516.jpeg

Edited by dagling

Hi Dagling,

how did you import those things from US? What were the costs and taxes/custom in Thailand for the delivery?

Thanks Jay

I have my Vulcan 900 Custom 2010 for sale her on TV. But to be honest, I think I just keep it.

After I put the new rear OD pully (lower`s the RPM) and the new tires on it, it became a much better ride. The stock is just great too.

This it what I have put on my bike in the last few month`s, all imported parts from the US.

New Cobra Swept exhaust (search on Youtube), Baron Big Air Kit, Fi2000 Fuel Tuner, LED tail lights with clear glass, new Pirelli Night Dragon tires (200x80x15 rear and 90x21 front) and rear Scootworks overdrive pulley and the original light bar in the front.

980513.jpeg

980514.jpeg

980515.jpeg

980516.jpeg

Hi Dagling,

how did you import those things from US? What were the costs and taxes/custom in Thailand for the delivery?

Thanks Jay

980513.jpeg

980514.jpeg

980515.jpeg

980516.jpeg

Interested in Dagling's experience, but mine is once you get the quote for shipping from the US supplier, you need to allow another 30% on top of the cost of the goods plus shipping.

Most of the suppliers will ship international, and will get a quote for shipping before you confirm and pay for the order.

You will need to pay the duty at the post office or to Fedex or DHL to take delivery of the goods.

Generally pretty straight forward.

Cheers.

980513.jpeg

980514.jpeg

980515.jpeg

980516.jpeg

Hi Dagling,

What did you get (or planning to get) to replace it?

(I kept mine, mainly because I have a great group I ride with and I love it so much.)

Cheers.