Looking To Play Football

james24

I'm looking to join a football team or perhaps just a kickaround, was just wondering if anyone here knows of one going on....?

I went to 700 year stadium today and was told the pitches are free to play on.. might be an idea....

does this kind of football include a round ball and long socks?

It also includes where the ball is kicked with the foot hence the name football, unlike a certain American game where the ball is caught and thrown most of the time, perhaps caughtball or caughtandthrownball would be a more appropriate name ;):D.

Edited by alfieconn

does this kind of football include a round ball and long socks?

It also includes where the ball is kicked with the foot hence the name football, unlike a certain American game where the ball is caught and thrown most of the time, perhaps caughtball or caughtandthrownball would be a more appropriate name ;):D.

lol, spurs don't play soccer we play real football. :-)

Hi James,

There is a game every Monday night, 6-8pm on a 3g pitch just inside the moat at Chang Pheuak Gate. I'm not in Chiang Mai at the moment so won't be playing this coming week but you'll be made more than welcome.

Its not free, we normally pay 100 baht each, some of that fee goes to buying balls and maybe a few beers every once in a while.

Always nice to see another fellow Yid in town :lol: :jap:

not another yid fan :D

Yid army, yid army!! :-)

Hi James,

There is a game every Monday night, 6-8pm on a 3g pitch just inside the moat at Chang Pheuak Gate. I'm not in Chiang Mai at the moment so won't be playing this coming week but you'll be made more than welcome.

Its not free, we normally pay 100 baht each, some of that fee goes to buying balls and maybe a few beers every once in a while.

Thanks for the invite, Ill try and come along on Monday.

When you say matches, is it a team or more like a kickaround, either is great ...

Also can anyone confirm that 300 year stadium is free to play on...? I saw it today and they must have about 10 well kept pitches..!!

Hi James,

When you say matches, is it a team or more like a kickaround, either is great ...

Also can anyone confirm that 300 year stadium is free to play on...? I saw it today and they must have about 10 well kept pitches..!!

No worries, its more of a kickaround, some weeks we have enough for 3 teams of 5 and rotate. Any age group.

Hi James,

No worries, its more of a kickaround, some weeks we have enough for 3 teams of 5 and rotate. Any age group.

3g pitches are kinda like astroturf right... im gonna try and make it down next week, need to get some studs though