Place To Rent English Language Dvds In Chiang Mai

DocHolliday2006

I can't think of the names of the places, so I'll do my best with descrbing a few by location.

I've trieds:

1. Near Wat Prasing, almost next door to the Mokador.

2. Suthep road towards the University. On the right side there is a Hotel/entertainment centers. There is a movie shop with good selection catacorner.

3. North side of the moat, on this inside of Chang Puak, near the 7.

4. Attached to the Tesco Lotus in Hang Dong.

All of these have English language DVD/VCD's. Sorry about the lack of names, but I think you should be able to find a few of these.

The one on the Suthep road may be the best place to rent.

They have a really good selection.

T:053808084

open 9 am to 10 pm

As this and another poster says, this shop is by far the best in Chiang Mai for its amazing selection of DVD's all so conveniently sorted into dedicated catalogues arranged on bookshelves which are not immediately obvious. The open display shelves also change with satisfying frequency. Its a most intelligently run shop and the female manager speaks a little English and is most helpful.

If you go South down Nimmanheiminda Road to the end, turn right at the Suthep Road traffic lights and Wing 41 is first left at the next lights. The Video Shop is near the corner, not on Suthep Road.

http://maps.google.c...48d&ll=18.81003 Its on this map as "The Other Video Shop"

Unfortunately it doesn't meet your requirement of being in the old town--its a good way out.

Edited by Asmerom

The OP is NOT asking where to buy knock offs :annoyed:

He wants to RENT quality DVD'd that actually WORK

Sorry, I don't have your psychic powers to guess what the OP wants. No mention of 'quality' in his post.

Why on earth are you responding to a point made to another member?

So sorry I added the word "quality" but who wants to pay good money to rent dvd's that are rubbish? :angry:

hi all

i am comming to chiang mai in july and i have about 150 blueray rips on my hardrive so if anyone is interesting in the latest movies from2011 till 2008 at that time give me a call the quality is the best and i also have the software that plays the mkv files

you also can download the from usenet throug lightning usenet the cost are about 2.50 euro a month but you have to do it on a nice download speed otherwise it takes ages

so give me a pm at that time and i can put them on your harddrive