For People Who Suffer ...

Some guid news SC...having arranged a wee session with ma cousin back in Auld Reekie for late March. I'll need tae buy a camera so all suggestions welcome on that front.

Obviously in the spirit ay the thread any ridiculous suggestions will be treated in the appropriate manner. Kenwhitahmeanthaddyyabam?

I'm lookin' forward tae it bein' honest...its bin a while.

Souryejoinin'usforacrawlaboot?andmaybeevenapieandbovrildoonGorgiewayorahowffneabbyortwo...!

We've still not confirmed Diggers is still there, since Patsycat never turned up last Christmas, I think.

I doubt I'll have the money for the planned Chinese New Year trip, so March is a possibility, but I've bought my ticket to HK for the sevens at the end of March already (though not the rugby ticket...)

I doubt it'll be practical to get a ticket for the Six Nations games; Calcutta Cup is up first in February and Scotland are away in March, first in Dublin, then to Paris. SO actually, that would be better, since I could show my support for the Regions.

It might be five years since I was in a pub in Edinburgh.

Anyway, in the spirit of the thread...

ARSE

SC

Well it's still there as far as I know. My last visit was before a friendly against Australia wher we got well beaten as usual; my mate and I wore kilts and Aussie cricket shirts because they were gubbing the Poms in the Ashes

jeezuzchristmandyoononohowtaeswareman

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guid news SC...having arranged a wee session with ma cousin back in Auld Reekie for late March. I'll need tae buy a camera so all suggestions welcome on that front.

Obviously in the spirit ay the thread any ridiculous suggestions will be treated in the appropriate manner. Kenwhitahmeanthaddyyabam?

I'm lookin' forward tae it bein' honest...its bin a while.

Souryejoinin'usforacrawlaboot?andmaybeevenapieandbovrildoonGorgiewayorahowffneabbyortwo...!

We've still not confirmed Diggers is still there, since Patsycat never turned up last Christmas, I think.

I doubt I'll have the money for the planned Chinese New Year trip, so March is a possibility, but I've bought my ticket to HK for the sevens at the end of March already (though not the rugby ticket...)

I doubt it'll be practical to get a ticket for the Six Nations games; Calcutta Cup is up first in February and Scotland are away in March, first in Dublin, then to Paris. SO actually, that would be better, since I could show my support for the Regions.

It might be five years since I was in a pub in Edinburgh.

Anyway, in the spirit of the thread...

ARSE

SC

Well it's still there as far as I know. My last visit was before a friendly against Australia wher we got well beaten as usual; my mate and I wore kilts and Aussie cricket shirts because they were gubbing the Poms in the Ashes

jeezuzchristmandyoononohowtaeswareman

Well to be honest I can't decide whether this is Stanley Baxter or Irvine Welsh. We linguistic purists tend to avoid, if possible, becoming involved in such controversial areas lest we have an influence on the stasis of endangered tongues and the idiosyncratic syntax that might pertain thereto.

I am of course from what might be described as the Eden of Scotland, where refinement of language and manners has survived the rude assaults of the barbaric hordes who surround us on all sides.

So fare ye well my benighted brethren and may enlightenment come upon you on your path through this turbulent ocean of life - awfuc_khowcanyegetapaththroughanoceanyafuc_kinnumptie?

My son, always a property magnate, bought a flat on the outskirts of Craigmillar, close to the University Arms, and his best mate from school was his lodger. The mate worked beside Welshie in the Scottish Office and like Welshie looked for another career. He's Head of the English Dept in a well-known school now so guess who makes the most money?

Tony Blair of course.

In a jocular thread such as this swearing is acceptable, but using those two words is disgraceful

Agreed.

Getting back to speech patterns, I noticed in a different thread you said you are Scottish, can I just ask, is your user name how Sean Connery says 'pastie' ?

Edited by Thaddeus

Tony Blair of course.

In a jocular thread such as this swearing is acceptable, but using those two words is disgraceful

Agreed.

Getting back to speech patterns, I noticed in a different thread you said you are Scottish, can I just ask, is your user name how Sean Connery says 'pastie' ?

I thought it was because he's pastiche prime .

"inthibiggininwisthiwurd

In the beggining was the sound "

Tony Blair of course.

Agreed.

I thought it was because he's pastiche prime .

"inthibiggininwisthiwurd

In the beggining was the sound "

It's not pastiche but pastitche - that should make it easier for you

The rash has cleared up then?

only on the bit of the tit

I think you are getting a bit confused there, my bad, the pasties I meant are the Cornish ones, the type you eat, first syllable pass not pay.

The rash has cleared up then?

only on the bit of the tit

I think you are getting a bit confused there, my bad, the pasties I meant are the Cornish ones, the type you eat, first syllable pass not pay.

I will have to complect on that one .

• 4 months later...

Biscuit, why ...

!

A handy reminder that every cruel and thoughtless hurtful jibe is made on the back of someone struggling with the challenges and hurdles that life throws at them,

eh aneliane?

I can just see that lady as a future lady priest, receiving confession,...

SC

Soacrossestheroadlikesandfuc_kmewhitapalaverthatwiskenbitonywayafindsmaselootsidethispubjistefteropenintimewhitafuc_kinresult!

post-78923-0-14140300-1333723536_thumb.j

Did ye get a bit o practice in the fir the morra's boat race?

Wis it stowed wi Toulousain up for the Heineken quarter-final?

SC

I was busy with a bottle of Belhaven Stout on Wodensday at Stanley , I was looking after the boy , as he ran around and played , and lo , I sat down outside the old temple beside the plaza to enjoy the drink . Well i soon noticed the wee man had dissapeared . I went forf to find him , and there he was sitting on the wall holding back a greet . He thought ah had fuc_ked off and left him . I felt like a total arse . So I took to him to the smugglers for a pack of quavers and ah hada pint ae cider . Bliss , wi get back on the dukey

• Like 1

Eventuallyitwistimetaemoveonwithescorepoisedat6allhalftimeanamissedthesecondhalfcossomeprickdidnaecheckootaethehotelearlyenuffsoimafftaecheckootthescoreihopeyeenjoyedtheseanyways...

post-78923-0-26562300-1333724584_thumb.j

Cheers...hoe you enjoyed that as much as I did!

Eventuallyitwistimetaemoveonwithescorepoisedat6allhalftimeanamissedthesecondhalfcossomeprickdidnaecheckootaethehotelearlyenuffsoimafftaecheckootthescoreihopeyeenjoyedtheseanyways...

post-78923-0-26562300-1333724584_thumb.j

Cheers...hoe you enjoyed that as much as I did!

I'll have a vicarious sair heid (no a sarey heid) in the morning

Maybe I'll pop over to Sids to give myself cause for complaint

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/540863-ten-things-you-will-never-hear-in-thailand/page__view__findpost__p__5186536

SC

SC