Food By Phone Vip Membership? Worth Or Not?

gurnani

Having a good sunday guys,

Well wanted 2 cents of the foodies in bangkok. I came across this website www.foodbyphone.com and just ordered an american breakfast. Well, the delivery charges are 60 THB and food seems to be ok. Lot of options in the list though.

I acame across this vip membership details where its about 1250 THB for a yearly card and you get discounts. I will stay here for abit long. Anybody tried this? I just wanted to know if its not a fraud? I meant the deals that they are promising are true or not? Anybody a member and tried all of this.

wqell, Tis is what they promise:

http://www.foodbyphone.com/vip.asp

Thanks, looking for some good replies on this.

G

PS. : A foodie who wants to try every kind of food.

The VIP thing is not a fraud, there is some value to be had with that service. You might not think the delivery charge at FPF was bad, but FPF has some pretty big mark-ups on the food. I rarely order from them anymore. ChefXP doesn't mark up the food price, and the delivery charge is also only 60 baht. ChefXp also has a comparable list of restuarant options.

Always use Foodbyphone. Changed from chefxp due to a few reasons.

The owner is very arrogant and unfriendly and obnoxious and blatently bans his customers from using his service and talks down to them on the phone - really does not care about his customers.

The spam mail screwup

Portions smaller (Order from beirut food by phone and then order the same dish from chefxp......)

on 3 occassions my food was on a silver tray from the delivery guy that was covered it i can only imagine last weeks spilled dishes on the tray. Does not inspire confidence in hygiene and some of their delivery guys need a good shower.

delivery can be slow chefxp compared to fbp - i also find fbp thermal boxes work much better than chefxp or it could just be the longer delivery time.

Anyway FBP vip is worth it. for the price discounts, 12x free deliverys at 60thb and 12x100thb vouchers. If you sign up every year for it it negates their markup on the products and you enjoy the much more professional service than chefxp at the same price and get the money back you spent easily on the vip if you are a frequent customer.

Standby for the flames from Chefxp lovers who have not read the vip details and worked out how much you can actually save by joining.

Edited by negreanu

The owner is very arrogant and unfriendly and obnoxious and blatently bans his customers from using his service and talks down to them on the phone - really does not care about his customers.

Sounds like a service that Goucho Marx would love.

"PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER".

220px-GrouchoCaricature.jpg

Always use Foodbyphone. Changed from chefxp due to a few reasons.

The spam mail screwup

Portions smaller (Order from beirut food by phone and then order the same dish from chefxp......)

on 3 occassions my food was on a silver tray from the delivery guy that was covered it i can only imagine last weeks spilled dishes on the tray. Does not inspire confidence in hygiene and some of their delivery guys need a good shower.

delivery can be slow chefxp compared to fbp - i also find fbp thermal boxes work much better than chefxp or it could just be the longer delivery time.

Anyway FBP vip is worth it. for the price discounts, 12x free deliverys at 60thb and 12x100thb vouchers. If you sign up every year for it it negates their markup on the products and you enjoy the much more professional service than chefxp at the same price and get the money back you spent easily on the vip if you are a frequent customer.

Standby for the flames from Chefxp lovers who have not read the vip details and worked out how much you can actually save by joining.

Hi guys if you look back at past comments, i was an avid fan of chefxp simply due to the lower cost. for resons i wont disscuss im am now a avid foodbyphone fan, much better service and packaging and i have joinded with the vip membership programme, ( it does help to lower the overall cost increase ordering with them).

I for one will NEVER NEVER be going back to chefxp, and if ur here for a period of time id say either call direct to the resturant if not use foodbyphone with the vip membership programme.

Im so happy to be eatting hot takeaway food again!