What Is The Max Cash I Can Transfer Out Of A Thai Bank Account

I understand for large amounts there has to be an original bank doc proving it was transferred in? I do have those but to avoid it all is there an amount 'up to' that I can just transfer out to a UK bank without bothering with all the paperwork?

If the answer is NO then I assume if I brought in 10m I can take out 10m with no fuss?

http://www.bangkokbank.com/bangkok%20bank/personal%20banking/transfering%20funds/transferring%20out%20of%20thailand/pages/outward%20faqs.aspx

As with all things in Thailand, you will only know how it is going to affect you by going to the bank and asking the person who will do the transfer. Asking around TV and you will generally get a mix of answers, often such as "five years ago I.....", or "I think my friend did....".

I have transferred up to around 500,000 out of my account with no problems. But this was from my account at the local BBK, I have known the manager for years and the money clearly originally arrived by SWIFT from abroad. But I once had a problem at the SCB because the clerk wanted to insist that the outward transfer went to exactly the same account that the inward transfer came from, bullshit, but that is what you have to deal with at times.

http://www.bangkokba...ard%20faqs.aspx

As with all things in Thailand, you will only know how it is going to affect you by going to the bank and asking the person who will do the transfer. Asking around TV and you will generally get a mix of answers, often such as "five years ago I.....", or "I think my friend did....".

I have transferred up to around 500,000 out of my account with no problems. But this was from my account at the local BBK, I have known the manager for years and the money clearly originally arrived by SWIFT from abroad. But I once had a problem at the SCB because the clerk wanted to insist that the outward transfer went to exactly the same account that the inward transfer came from, bullshit, but that is what you have to deal with at times.

Thanks - I just assumed there was a 'rule' that might have said 'anything over ********** requires proof of transfer' and then I might have been able to transfer under that in lumps.

I had to transfer some money out of Thailand ( BKK bank ) & the maximum i could send ( without proof of money coming into Thailand ) was $20K at any given time.

And if it's for larger amounts it's NOT as simple as to keep going back the next day and doing the same again!

JH

The amount sending overseas without documents on one day was 1000 us dollars (in Thai Baht) , this maybe changed as one other poster said maximum 20 k.

Each amount bigger then this needs a document declaring sourse of income with supporting documents.

Most banks you can down load this form from there website.

The amount sending overseas without documents on one day was 1000 us dollars (in Thai Baht) , this maybe changed as one other poster said maximum 20 k.

Each amount bigger then this needs a document declaring sourse of income with supporting documents.

so you transfer from Baht into Dollars then transfer 20k? I guess it's possible just to go to an exchange and transfer from Baht to GBP or USD and walk out with it OR send by Western Union but I really wanted it in my UK bank account.

so you transfer from Baht into Dollars then transfer 20k? I guess it's possible just to go to an exchange and transfer from Baht to GBP or USD and walk out with it OR send by Western Union but I really wanted it in my UK bank account.

If your objective is to get it back to your UK account, front up at the Bank with your proof that you brought it into the country and ask them to remit. Probably 40 minutes of your time. Yes there will be some fees, possibly 400 baht at this end and 20 pounds at the UK end. You have peace of mind and security that the funds will be in your account by the time you reach home. Do a comparison of fees between Western Union and your Bank to ensure you get best option