Best Game Machine For Thai

Youbloodybeauty

Hi,

I know little about game machines and I'd like to buy one for a child - 6 years old.

I'd prefer one that is popular and easy to get cheap software :o

Someone has offered me a second hand Game Cube but I think they are not that popular?

I'm thinking of a Playstation 2 but what are these like for software - Panthip Plaza?

Thanks, YBB

Edited by Youbloodybeauty

XBOX 360 is going to be released in a month. So u can also try that. PS2 is old and maybe u would prefer to get the next-gen consoles which are PS3 and XBOX 360. However, PS3 is gonna release in 2 yrs while XBOX 360 is gonna release in a month and it has many games already. :o

Gamecubes have very cute and easy to play software, so they usually are suited for young children. However, they are rare in Thailand, and the software is rare and expensive.

The PS2 has the advantage of having a HUGE library, including PS1 games. The software is cheap and easy to find, and the system itself is not that expensive (6-8k baht). I wouldn't wait for the Xbox 360, since when any new hardware is launched, it is sold in Thailand for twice the price, and stays that way for half a year.

You can get a PS2 chipped anywhere... you just need to get it chipped. It's a bit easier to do in Thailand, since it's common practice, and most PS2s (except the ones bought at offical Sony stores) come already modded. Once chipped, you can generally play games from anywhere on it.

I saw a new game called "Fleece the Falang". Its a race against the clock to ripoff

as many falangs as you can and then you race to give the $$$ to parents and other

family members, then it starts over again.

:o:D:D

Yep and in this game if you use a cheat, you can pick your player as a falang ....who can fleece the "other" falang's and you get even MORE points.

...but loose points if the falang ripping off the "other" falangs gives the $$$ to Thai family.

BTW, in this game I choose a falang player, how much would it cost a falang player for a chip mod on a PS2? :D

YBB

Ohhhhh and BTW...

For years Playstation dominated the console market due to mass piracy of games and the mod-chip. The easy access to 'cheap' games made the PS so attractive, it sold millions upon millions to be the number 1 console in the world.

It was a case where piracy worked in their favour - I bet Sony didn't exactly complain too much.

Selling loads of PS boxes or PS games?????

YBB