Apple Parts In Rayong?

JusMe

My MacBook has just stopped working and I think that maybe it's perhaps the power adaptor. I'd very much prefer not going all the way into Bangkok, so does anyone know of a source for something like that in Ban Phe or Rayong city?

I don't want to order a new one unless I know that's what the problem is, so anywhere I can check it out? jap.gif

I'd think your only chance in Rayong would be an Apple dealer in Star Plaza?

Or there's one in Tuk.com in Pattaya.

One in Laem tong as well bit closer than Star Plaza, actually dont remember actually seeing one in Star Plaza, but then again want looking...:rolleyes:

Last time I was in Rayong, Laem Thong had changed a lot - a very great lot - and most of the computer related stuff had moved off. I did at one time ask about for Apple, and they basically said there was no one.

Checked, and it seems Star Plaza has grown incredibly. Couldn't believe how much was there last time I was in. I'll check again, but I didn't see anything specifically Apple related there.

Could be nothing this side of Pattaya, which means it's just as easy for me to take the bus all the way into BKK.

dam_n! And it could be, only could be maybe there's a chance, that it's a screwed up power adapter. Then again, could be something more that needs greater expertise. Wish I could figure it out before setting off on some expedition.

Edit for spelling

Edited by JusMe

Last time I was in Rayong, Laem Thong had changed a lot - a very great lot - and most of the computer related stuff had moved off. I did at one time ask about for Apple, and they basically said there was no one.

Ground floor in the new extension near " The Body shop".....that was about 6 months ago...but definitely one there as I was look at the macbooks etc while Mrs Soutpeel was in the " TheBodyshop" buying a load of cr*p as usual....:lol:

I'm headed into Rayong tomorrow (Thursday) and have the name and address of a shop (NetSol) that used to sell Apple gear, but had a disagreement with Bangkok and sells no more. But apparently they do have some adapters left over, and some expertise, so they'll be able to take a look at it at least. It's located on a soi around the corner and back some way from the Land Transportation Department. I'll see what they have and do, and be sure to give a report here about them.

I'll also look around Laem Thong for the BodyShop and a Mac place nearby. Sure could save a lot of hassles if we've got one there. Again, I'll report on my findings.

In today, and good news / bad news.

There is no Apple reseller anywhere in Laemtong nor Star Plaza. None in Rayong. The one in Laemtong that was there closed up pretty quick as the only information the people working there had was prices!

We can hope, but not hold our breath.

Now the good news: Bernd Krell owns and runs NetSol in Rayong. (http://www.netsol.co.th)

He used to be a reseller, but had a serious disagreement with Bangkok and dropped out of their system. There is a possibility if there's some change there that he'd start up again selling Macs and parts.

However, he does have a fully qualified staff who can handle Macs. No Apple warranty, but qualified and experienced staff.

At the moment he does have a few parts left over from when reselling, but not much. However, he did say that sometimes he can arrange to get parts if needed, sometimes the Chinese made cheaper bits.

For example, I needed a power adapter for my MacBook. The only one he had there was the Chinese made one for the MB Pro (85 watts instead of 60). Including VAT, he sold it to me for 2,568 baht.

My MB is up and running happily right now, and so am I. We had a good chat and if I need anything more Mac oriented, I know where to go that doesn't mean packing up and a major trip into Bangkok.

Recommended.

I have the same problem........

I am looking for the charger/sync cable for the 2nd generation ipod shuffle, so i went to hunt one down in Rayong.

Laemtong have no apple shops and neither do Star Plaza, however in Star Plaza i found an apple dealer but did not have any spares..pretty useless to say the least.

There is an apple shop in Pattaya at Central festival, that sells everything, and obviously is a hell of a lot closer than BKK.

Hope this helps.