Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I saw a T6 MT today at the CM dealer,but still no price...they are guessing about 50K bellow AT ?? Still only the blue color and I want to see white...or silver...or....

30K-50K would be right for AT - depending on model/body style (4-doors' have substantially more tax than 2-doors, and higher models have bigger profit margins than lower models)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a T6 MT today at the CM dealer,but still no price...they are guessing about 50K bellow AT ?? Still only the blue color and I want to see white...or silver...or....

30K-50K would be right for AT - depending on model/body style (4-doors' have substantially more tax than 2-doors, and higher models have bigger profit margins than lower models)

I meant the difference between the 6 speed MT and the AT in the 4dr model...??

I'm talking in more broad terms :)

50K would be a very outside number if talking an XLT 2.2L 4-door - Id' expect AT to cost 35-40K in that model.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I'm talking in more broad terms :)

50K would be a very outside number if talking an XLT 2.2L 4-door - Id' expect AT to cost 35-40K in that model.

...thanks...

I've also asked,if they expected delays on delivery as formally set for mid Dec...the answer was NO,so hope it is mid Dec...

With the top of the line Wildtrac model going for almost 900k, it is tough to decide between this truck and the Pajero SUV for just a little bit more. In terms of engine and safety specs, which one is a better buy.

It depends which Pajero Sport you're talking about (engine wise) - the Mitsu 2.5L diesel and the Ford 2.2L diesel are closely matched power-wise (one loses where the other gains), with the Mitsu being a little more fuel efficient (0.4KM/L better), and Ford being a little quieter (by 6dB).

Safety wise, both models are 4-star rated with dual front airbags only (side airbags and stability control are required for 5-star).

MRO how would the new ranger stack up against the competition in terms of braking performance? I found I couldn't stop quickly in my brother-in-laws triton double cab - the rear seemed to lock up easily. Is there any stats on stopping distance for the ranger compared to other trucks?

MRO how would the new ranger stack up against the competition in terms of braking performance? I found I couldn't stop quickly in my brother-in-laws triton double cab - the rear seemed to lock up easily. Is there any stats on stopping distance for the ranger compared to other trucks?

No stats yet I'm afraid..

What you noted though is pretty standard for an unladen pickup w/out ABS though..

No stats yet I'm afraid..

What you noted though is pretty standard for an unladen pickup w/out ABS though..

Thanks for that.

One other thing - I'm used to having a sedan ( and a trunk/boot). I was wondering if there exists a full hard canopy for the back that also can include a storage box (mostly for groceries!) I've seen large cool looking storage boxes that sit just behind the cab, but these wouldn't work With a full canopy. Are there some nice storage boxes that run alongside the vehicle (over the wheel arch)? These would be accessible with a hard canopy. The only pics I've seen of those look like tradesman's tool boxes, and those are from overseas. Also I note the wildtrak has a rollbar. Could that be integrated with the storage box/canopy or would it need removing? Thanks.. Or maybe I just wait for the new everest, but that would be much more expensive..

Will the 3.2 Duratec diesel make its way into Thai models and what would be the likely price of such a large size engine?

How long will one have to wait for the side/curtain airbags to appear in Thai models as well?

There's some small brochures in Thai on the Thai ford website. It seems all of these features will be available:) No idea about the cost for the 3.2 though.

Will the 3.2 Duratec diesel make its way into Thai models and what would be the likely price of such a large size engine?

How long will one have to wait for the side/curtain airbags to appear in Thai models as well?

There's some small brochures in Thai on the Thai ford website. It seems all of these features will be available:) No idea about the cost for the 3.2 though.

Yes I saw those...but also worrisome asterisks at the bottom noting that not all [desirable] features will be available in all markets :o

Edited by FarangBuddha

Yes I saw those...but also worrisome asterisks at the bottom noting that not all [desirable] features will be available in all markets :o

Yes I saw that too:( Would be typical not to get the extra airbags here. I think Thais get the monk to bless the vehicle - that's cheaper! lol

Yes I saw that too:( Would be typical not to get the extra airbags here. I think Thais get the monk to bless the vehicle - that's cheaper! lol

Along with a dashboard full of mini-Buddha statues makes one Unbreakable in any accident B)

Edited by FarangBuddha

The top model will be getting the full airbag compliment and all the electronic goodies..

Here's the official mini-brochure from Ford Thailand: http://www.ford.co.t...blob&blobkey=id

The official release date for the Ranger is Nov 29th - the 3 models they've released pricing on so far are considered "pre release" - i.e. all will be revealed at the end of November. General availability for 2.2L models is currently stated to begin in December, with 3.2L model deliveries starting in February.

The top model 3.2L Wildtrak 4-door 4WD 6AT is expected to be around the 1.1M Baht mark, give or take.What's not clear is whether there will be extracab 3.2L Wildtrak's, or 2WD versions..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

WOW...1.1 M Baht=$38K=Raptor in US !!...is it right??!!

Isn't 1.1M closer to 30k? But in ant case, doesn't matter what it costs, if you want one that's the price. Only comfort us that prices stay high on the re-sale market as well.

Edited by FarangBuddha

There's absolutely no point agonizing over how cheap cars are in the USA compared to Thailand, if Thialand is where you live - no good can come from it ;)

...depression..??!!:lol::o:D

There's absolutely no point agonizing over how cheap cars are in the USA compared to Thailand, if Thialand is where you live - no good can come from it ;)

Well the 3.2 will be dirt cheap here, even at 1.1 million baht. In Australia its pushing 60K dollars, or around 1.8 million baht! So I reckon it's good value. Compare that to a honda civic which is actually cheaper in Australia than here, even though it's made in LoS.

The 3.2 is the one to go for; further back in the thread i think they explain what you get beyond the 2WD 2.2

- bigger engine and more power

- bigger rims 18"

- privacy glass whatever that is

- drinks cooler

- dashboard chiller

- heated seats

- 4WD

- some airbag and safety stuff (trac control, stability something or other)

For me, the heated seats are worth the extra 200k.

The 3.2 is the one to go for; further back in the thread i think they explain what you get beyond the 2WD 2.2

- bigger rims 18"

- drinks cooler

- dashboard chiller

- heated seats

- 4WD

...if you're planning to make a trip to Chiang Mai in December I recon...:D

- bigger rims 18"

- drinks cooler

- dashboard chiller

- heated seats

- 4WD

..then only up Doi Inthanon! I guess that would be on my "must drive to" list now:)

- bigger rims 18"

- drinks cooler

- dashboard chiller

- heated seats

- 4WD

My BMW didn't have heated seats! THis is a major feature; run the aircon on full, wear a ski jacket and have the heated seat.

It's like a trip to Japan.

- bigger rims 18"

- drinks cooler

- dashboard chiller

- heated seats

- 4WD

My BMW didn't have heated seats! THis is a major feature; run the aircon on full, wear a ski jacket and have the heated seat.

It's like a trip to Japan.

That's what I do when want to use the fireplace in the house...just close all the windows and turn the AC to the max...:D:D

..then only up Doi Inthanon! I guess that would be on my "must drive to" list now:)

A run up Doi Intanon can be decent fun in something torquey, especially with all that extra HP from zero degree air, heh :)

Last Dec went up there with 5 (rather hefty) farang in a chipped and cat-free PJS at full throttle the whole way.. when we got to the top the AT was so hot we barely made it into the summit carpark :o

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

A run up Doi Intanon can be decent fun in something torquey, especially with all that extra HP from zero degree air, heh :)

Last Dec went up there with 5 (rather hefty) farang in a chipped and cat-free PJS at full throttle the whole way.. when we got to the top the AT was so hot we barely made it into the summit carpark :o

Sounds like that was fun:) No need for the heated seat then:) With my civic I just don't feel like to go anywhere. The ranger should blast all the way up north I reckon:)