Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Saw a chill orange Wildtrack 4X4 on RED plates in Pattaya today so they are slowly drizzling out.

We visited Ford Pattaya again yesterday and was told Wildtrack will first be out next year and many wants it but can't order yet, come back later this year.

The blue XLT manual tm with huge "test car" stickers on the doors can't be test driven either but only test sittingbiggrin.png

Anybody here tried a Ranger before actually order one? I want to test drive one before ordering one.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a chill orange Wildtrack 4X4 on RED plates in Pattaya today so they are slowly drizzling out.

We visited Ford Pattaya again yesterday and was told Wildtrack will first be out next year and many wants it but can't order yet, come back later this year.

The blue XLT manual tm with huge "test car" stickers on the doors can't be test driven either but only test sittingbiggrin.png

Anybody here tried a Ranger before actually order one? I want to test drive one before ordering one.

Go to a different dealer to test drive, I made an appointment at my dealership and drove their blue xlt. Go online and schedule a test drive with you dealer at the ford.co.th website.

I was about to order the Automatic XLT today but after reading earlier posts about the 4-5 seconds delay with the automatic transmission I am reconsidering it. Any updates on that? Did Ford fix it?

I test drove the Ranger and the Mazda BT-50. Both manual. I noticed that at any speed and gear I was using, there was a 2 seconds delay when i was flooring it. I thought it was strange and tried it a few times. It was the same every time. Even at 60km/h in 3rd 4th gear there was a 2 sec delay.

I was about to order the Automatic XLT today but after reading earlier posts about the 4-5 seconds delay with the automatic transmission I am reconsidering it. Any updates on that? Did Ford fix it?

I test drove the Ranger and the Mazda BT-50. Both manual. I noticed that at any speed and gear I was using, there was a 2 seconds delay when i was flooring it. I thought it was strange and tried it a few times. It was the same every time. Even at 60km/h in 3rd 4th gear there was a 2 sec delay.

There is no 4-5 second delay, it is about 1sec at most and only at low speeds of around 10-20kph and the reason why has been explained already. There will be software released soon to update the auto box but it isn't a reason not to buy it. If I floor it at any other speed, even standstill, it is very responsive.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

A friend of mine just drove up tonight with a new Automatic 2.2 ford Ranger Hi-rider. Fresh from the dealership with less than 300km on odometer. They let me have the keys and I drove it alone on our country roads, it sifted very smoothly, no delays from start or when driving at any speed. I drove it kindly at first it was smooth and responsive. Then I put the gas pedal to the floor from a start in normal mode on six speed auto and it got right up to 80kph smoothly. Then I shifted the auto trans in sport mode and it took off with a chirp of the tires and reached 90+ in the same space. I drove it as hard as I could and for a 2.2L it performed well, not a race car but better than any 3.0 izusu or toyota I have driven recently.

A friend of mine just drove up tonight with a new Automatic 2.2 ford Ranger Hi-rider. Fresh from the dealership with less than 300km on odometer. They let me have the keys and I drove it alone on our country roads, it sifted very smoothly, no delays from start or when driving at any speed. I drove it kindly at first it was smooth and responsive. Then I put the gas pedal to the floor from a start in normal mode on six speed auto and it got right up to 80kph smoothly. Then I shifted the auto trans in sport mode and it took off with a chirp of the tires and reached 90+ in the same space. I drove it as hard as I could and for a 2.2L it performed well, not a race car but better than any 3.0 izusu or toyota I have driven recently.

...you are not getting my car keys...laugh.pnglaugh.png

and it will go even better with a few thousand kms on it:)

I drove it as hard as I could...

can you (should you) do that now with new cars?!?

Yes, there is no nonsense about staying below certain speeds and certain rpms any more, people have been doing hard break-ins for years with positive results.

Go to a different dealer to test drive, I made an appointment at my dealership and drove their blue xlt. Go online and schedule a test drive with you dealer at the ford.co.th website.

When the test drive car showed up a couple of weeks after I paid my deposit for the A/T in February, it was the manual model so I declined. I had requested a test drive via the Ford web site but still never heard anything via that method. About a month later, they had the automatic tester at the showroom so I walked in, asked and got to run it up and down the highway... no problems so didn't cancel the order. Got my own truck about 6 weeks later.

I drove it as hard as I could...

can you (should you) do that now with new cars?!?

Yes, there is no nonsense about staying below certain speeds and certain rpms any more, people have been doing hard break-ins for years with positive results.

And note that the sticker on the window matches what it says in the handbook... first service and oil change 15,000 km. Anyone doing it earlier just because that's what they did with their 1958 Morris Minor is up for a world of woe. Engines and lubricants are probably a technological quantum leap beyond that of your first car.

Edited by NanLaew

And note that the sticker on the window matches what it says in the handbook... first service and oil change 15,000 km. Anyone doing it earlier just because that's what they did with their 1958 Morris Minor is up for a world of woe. Engines and lubricants are probably a technological quantum leap beyond that of your first car.

Tis true that lubricants have progressed by leaps & bounds & do not break down with heat as they once did....

But still......15k Kilometers is 9320 miles.....if it were me I would swap out at 8k Kilometers.

Not because I am worried about lubricants but because as new parts wear in they produce some trash in the way of bits of metal.

It is not like these engines are blueprinted or polished....

Just a personal preference & oil is cheap. If it were a keeper for me I would not mind babying it a bit initially.

When you say they are in for a world of woe I am not sure what you think the downside would be.

YMMV

Edited by flying

Well well, my wife just got a phone call from Ford Pattaya and told her that we can book a 2.2 Wildtrack now and MAYBE get it in 3 month time. He further told her that it will go up 10K bath next week??

Off to Ford tomorrow and ask questions.

Anybody in Pattaya that have a Ranger 2.2 auto I can test drive?tongue.png Ford seems to be out of auto tm test cars??

Regarding oil change: Honda strongly recommends us to change the oil in our City 06 every 6 month or every 10k km (whichever first). Oil quality is nothing to be taking lightly but are THE most important factor to ensure a long engine life, so don't let that oil sitting too long time in the engine and better change often where the oil have still all the properties it had from new ( and off course don't floor the gas pedal with cold engine, that can "kill" an engine fast). Which oil do the Ranger use from the factory? Synthetic or mineral oil?

I am now number 4 on the list.

Seems Ford Thai is surveying dealers on the order backlog to work out who still wants a Wildtrack.

The missing letter from May might be coming out in July then, Thai Time I suppose.

So in 1 month I go from position 8 to 4 in the Wildtrack (2.2) queue he says.

I ask Why?

He says because 4 people changed to XLT.

They had 4 XLT's on the lot without number plates, so they are getting plenty of them, just no Wildtracks!!!

The guy says delivery 1 month. We will see....maybe by Xmas eh?

I just put in a deposit today of 5000 bath for a 2.2 2wd Wildtrack and been told I can have it in app. 3 month time. They also told us that the price will go up 10k bath for all models next month.

No free insurance or platesad.png only window film and floor mats. On XLT they give you free insurance (promotion) and they would not give away in my case.

I think I am no 25 on the waiting list at Ford Pattaya for Wildtrack.

Something very bazaar just happen.

when i got out of the car. yhe right hand back and front parkers lights were staying on. But not the left side.

I was puzzled but just turned the key and played with tge lightscand that fixed it.

Is it something I did?

Something very bazaar just happen.

when i got out of the car. yhe right hand back and front parkers lights were staying on. But not the left side.

I was puzzled but just turned the key and played with tge lightscand that fixed it.

Is it something I did?

That's the parking warning lights.

If you the indicator on, whatever side is left on the lights will stay on.

It's for when you park on busy roads at night.

That's the parking warning lights.

If you leave the indicator on, whatever side is left on the lights will stay on.

It's for when you park on busy roads at night.

I'm on the mobile, sorry about the double post.

Edited by stefan2519

Does anyone know if a rearview camera in now available in Thailand to be fitted to the xlt as an aftermarket product?

There are numerous rear view cameras available in LOS, the question is the display. Will the screen in the Ranger accept a video signal from the camera? If not then you need a separate screen.

Here is a link to a site that sells the OEM camera rear view mirror setup that comes on the 3.2 WT.

https://www.camera-s...-genk332-mirror

not cheap......

Edited by CDNinKS

Does anyone know if a rearview camera in now available in Thailand to be fitted to the xlt as an aftermarket product?

The rear view camera as mounted on Wildtrack 3,2 model is not possible to mount according to Ford Pattaya as the screen is integrated in the rear view mirror and very likely bloody expensive too.

There are other options for rear view cams, some small shops along Sukhumvit (Pattaya) do burglar alarms, rear view cams and so on. Just make sure with Ford that they don't cancel your warranty if a small shop starts working on your wiring system on your xlt.

I intend to mount a rear cam or at least sensors on my wildtrack when I get it if Ford don't mind. But I did see a new xlt in Pattaya and I could see 4 pcs sensors on the rear fender.

Ford as yet don't supply after market sensors or camera for the Ranger.

I had sensors included in the deal, but still aren't fitted.

I sent an email complaining and was told I had to wait for a Ford genuine part.

They will not fit an after market set and cover it under warranty.

Thanks for the responses. I did see a rearview camera fitted here of the newrangerclub website. I believe it was the OEM version from form and imported from overseas. I guess more accessories will become available as more people take delivery of their rides. Pity ford didn't have a regular touchscreen so one could be fitted easily.

OT but curious.....

I just bought a truck that has this camera.

Nice feature but I am not really sure what to make of it.

I guess as I get more experience with it I may find it useful.

Driving trucks for so long with usual mirrors only... I am not inclined to use the LCD view.

When I tried it I was not that comfortable with the fish eye view.

Do folks who use this feature use it as a general scan or just in the final few feet of

backing up to see how close something may be behind?

Just curious