Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

There was one thread on car audio here once, but it became one of the biggest targets of "old fuddyism" ever (no kidding, I think about 20 lurkers registered just to take a pot-shot and/or argue that the OEM stereo in their Lada is completely sufficient), so it's not something I discuss here very often, heh ;)

Great experience, more than me if your judging sql,. Got the gti jbl in rear of spacecab truck at momement, nice clean amps.

Nice, yes i know what you mean, i was an admin on a forum before and had to deal with alias accounts that come in to take shots and cosign each other :lol:, Another instance was when i was restoring a bmw e30 m3 shell and everyone on the bimmer forum were dishing out rep and subscribing to the thread until they saw i was putting a 1uz engine into it because it made more sense in LOS than the bmw engine.... lots of purists were crying witch and treason so i sorta faded out of there :rolleyes:

but yes I guess manufacturers also think their OEM solutions are better than aftermarket given the way special kits need to be bought to make them fit....*thinking about the mazda 3 right now*

edit: lol at heated seat comment

Edited by caphant

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have picked up the current pricelist from 2 Ford dealers which arrived today and it states: 4x4 3.2 High Rider XLT W/T 6 A/T 969000 Baht

Im assuming W/T = Wildtrak?

Scroll back and look at MRO's posts. We are thinking this is the wildtrak 2.2 - the 3.2 could be 100K more.

The pricelist in front of me has the 2.2 High Rider XLT W/T 6 A/T at 869000 Baht which is 100k less than the 3.2L Wildtrak price i quoted before.

Below is a copy of the pricelist i was given today: by two different dealerships

Style Open Cab

2.2 XLT, 6M/T 659,000

2.2 High rider XLT, 6 M/T 699,000

2.2 High rider XLT, W/T 6 A/T 759,000

Style 4 door

2.2 XLT, 6 M/T 739,000

2.2 High rider XLT 6 M/T 779,000

2.2 High rider XLT 6 A/T 799,000

2.2 High rider XLT W/T, 6 A/T 869,000

4x4 3.2 High rider XLT W/T, 6 M/T 879,000

4x4 3.2 High rider XLT W/T, 6 A/T 969,000

This confirms my information (and prior post) that all of the new Ranger models, including the 3.2s will be priced under a million baht.

I have picked up the current pricelist from 2 Ford dealers which arrived today and it states: 4x4 3.2 High Rider XLT W/T 6 A/T 969000 Baht

Are you sure that it is a 3.2 under 1mb, I understand it is the 2.2 range ONLY released so far...and no pricing exists for the 3.2????

So IMHO it is 2WD wildtrak 6 A/T 2.2 869,000 delivery Feb 2012 supposedly I have been offered 2.75% on 20% deposit BTW and slightly better price than this however i doubt other people would be eligible on the price thing, plus it's chump change in difference

4WD wildtrack 6 A/T 2.2 969,000 delivery Feb 2012 supposedly int rate ditto

The 3.2 price isn't released yet, but all signs point to being at least 100k more than the 4WD 2.2, and my guess is more like 150k more. Delivery the guy I talk to is saying April 2012; I would believe that's about right; will be putting my deposit down tomoro at the motorshow anyhow, as why not join the queue at least.

For me, I am not eligible for some dips&*t 1st car buyer scheme and I won't park it in my GF's name since she also wants to buy a car.....so I question paying 969k for a car that is worth 900k off the lot since that's what some other people are paying. This first car scheme is the biggest scheme of idiocy I've seen in a long while. Mostly because I cannot benefit ;-)

For 150k, I think that's worth it for

- privacy glass (I don't know what that is)

- chiller in the dashboard

- bluetooth (maybe other WT models have this)

- big engine that i don't really need, but is cool

- 18" rims (probably won't change them out)

- some safety malarky I don't need probably, but who knows until I start towing 3 tonne trailers up to Wat Doi Suthep or similar

However I most want heated seats to screw with my passengers ;-)

If they didn't have this 1st car scheme I'd be all over the 4WD 2.2....as is the best decision will be waiting for the 3.2 instead I think.

If the 3.2 wildtrack is under 1mb that is the BIGGEST BARGAIN EVER and you have just made me cream in my pants (I am mixing a coffee with creamer()

"Privacy glass" refers to having tinted Windows, at least that's my understanding.

Scroll back and look at MRO's posts. We are thinking this is the wildtrak 2.2 - the 3.2 could be 100K more.

The pricelist in front of me has the 2.2 High Rider XLT W/T 6 A/T at 869000 Baht which is 100k less than the 3.2L Wildtrak price i quoted before.

Below is a copy of the pricelist i was given today: by two different dealerships

Style Open Cab

2.2 XLT, 6M/T 659,000

2.2 High rider XLT, 6 M/T 699,000

2.2 High rider XLT, W/T 6 A/T 759,000

Style 4 door

2.2 XLT, 6 M/T 739,000

2.2 High rider XLT 6 M/T 779,000

2.2 High rider XLT 6 A/T 799,000

2.2 High rider XLT W/T, 6 A/T 869,000

4x4 3.2 High rider XLT W/T, 6 M/T 879,000

4x4 3.2 High rider XLT W/T, 6 A/T 969,000

This confirms my information (and prior post) that all of the new Ranger models, including the 3.2s will be priced under a million baht.

It looks like "common mistake" to me,since there is no prices(?)on this list for 4x4 2.2 Wildtrak models...:whistling:..I'm with MRO on this one....:rolleyes:

My local Ford dealer confirmed that the prices "under 1m" were both for 2.2L, as per post above and admitted that there is alot of confusion over this issue.

I'm heading to the show later today, so looking forward to seeing them in the flesh (the cars too). ;)

Meanwhile, permission to ask a silly question please!; if I buy a 2.2L Wildtrack, do you think it's possible to buy the parking sensor/rear camera as an extra? Or other items for that come with the 3.2L for that matter...

Cheers :)

My local Ford dealer confirmed that the prices "under 1m" were both for 2.2L, as per post above and admitted that there is alot of confusion over this issue.

I'm heading to the show later today, so looking forward to seeing them in the flesh (the cars too). ;)

Meanwhile, permission to ask a silly question please!; if I buy a 2.2L Wildtrack, do you think it's possible to buy the parking sensor/rear camera as an extra? Or other items for that come with the 3.2L for that matter...

Cheers :)

Please let us know how it goes mate.

This is the promotional rates and actual prices for the 2.2. Those thinking the 3.2 is below 1 million, you're going to be disappointed.whistling.gif

post-80555-0-51291600-1322787682_thumb.j

Thanks, printed and will be presented to Ford Phuket, 1 year 1st class free :)

and

25% down = 2,35% on 48 terms

or

15% down = 2,70% on 48 terms

and then they probably sell my car to another customer :annoyed:

about to give up buying anything in Phuket, except Toyota Phuket, they lost every second sale with me until 2007 when they realised I cansell when dealer bullshit :whistling:

as for 3,2 auto 4x4 WT, except for some dealer mix up lists, it sure still is in the 1.040.000-1.080.000 baht range when they finally release it in TH

one poster asked about reverse sensor for 2,2. Two choises, plug and play from Ford, or non original connected to reverse lights at 1500 baht. Couldnt live without them ;)

Just wondering for any who have visited the Motor Expo now in BKK. We'll be going tomorrow but I'm also interested in seeing and comparing the BT-50 Mazda Pickup to the Ranger. MRO mentioned earlier I think that there would be a prototype there.

Can anyone confirm if there is a new BT-50 at the show?

Just wondering for any who have visited the Motor Expo now in BKK. We'll be going tomorrow but I'm also interested in seeing and comparing the BT-50 Mazda Pickup to the Ranger. MRO mentioned earlier I think that there would be a prototype there.

Yes, both double cab and an extra cab on display, and both production models (not concepts as the "BT-50 Pro" moniker might have suggested).

Yes, both double cab and an extra cab on display, and both production models (not concepts as the "BT-50 Pro" moniker might have suggested).

...so,how do they look...acceptable,I hope..:D

I had my first good look around one back in August (a pre-production metallic red double cab), and I was very surprised by how much better they look in real life compared to the pics. The sheer size of it is hard to judge until you get up closer to it, and the styling works much better in the metal, compared to when you're looking at in pics and imagining it to be only the size of a Vigo...

However, the Ranger is also the same size, and has great presence without the quirks...

It's nicer than you might expect, but whether or not it's nice enough to earn you Baht is another matter... it won't be getting mine though ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

ROFL :cheesy:

MRO if you want to know if it's true love, well any girl can scrub up nice, and elegantly pick apart a shrimp in some fancy restaurant, as you lay out all stops to impress her and woo her.

I have a different approach. I want to know the 'real girl inside'

The only way to really know is....

- claim the air con is broken

- insist on going to some outdoor Chinese seafood restuarant where you know there is no parking

- circle around at least 5 times and ideally drive past open spots, claiming that they are too small to fit

- when a park is finally found, ensure it is at least 5 min walk away, and ideally actually too small to fit, resulting in the car parked far enough away from the curb, that you could catch a motorcycle taxi from the passenger door to the pavement

- be a gentleman, and walk her to the restaurant, then insist on ordering for her, to ensure she tries 'the best dishes'; if possible take a crazily long time engaging in long and unfocused conversations with the waitresses, asking for the exact source of each individual fish, crab or other item, and detailed discussions on the real estate market, cars and other subjects which the waitress is likely to be lacking knowledge on

- order a bunch of dishes such as Bpoo Mah yahng; Goong Pao; somtam; all of which are either fiddly to eat, incredibly spicy, or preferably both

- after dishes arrive, ensure that any drinks ordered arrive at least 10 min after the food, and make sure she starts eating, ideally unaware of how spicy the food is

End result: a sweaty, starving, frustrated lady....and it is at this point you will see the true colours flown proudly, without needing an additional 200 dates and possibly marriage to know 'what she is really like'.

I am sure it would work equally well in same sex relationships.

The heated seat, while seemingly a small part of the overall strategy, provides some additional element of 'pop' factor along the way. A pounding stereo which can be claimed to be broken resulting in ear splitting volume playing Go West's We Close our eyes (but pre recorded to only be the first 20 seconds looping again and again) would also be an added advantage.

It is for this reason...and this reason alone...that the Ford Ranger is likely to get my hard earned cash.

Finding true love is tough; Fergal Sharkey said it all.

I had my first good look around one back in August (a pre-production metallic red double cab), and I was very surprised by how much better they look in real life compared to the pics. The sheer size of it is hard to judge until you get up closer to it, and the styling works much better in the metal, compared to when you're looking at in pics and imagining it to be only the size of a Vigo...

However, the Ranger is also the same size, and has great presence without the quirks...

It's nicer than you might expect, but whether or not it's nice enough to earn you Baht is another matter... it won't be getting mine though ;)

hehe. Ok, I'll give you my opinion on this after viewing it tomorrow, and see if it can earn my Baht.

...it's good to have options...makes the competition to work harder...:)

ROFL :cheesy:

MRO if you want to know if it's true love, well any girl can scrub up nice, and elegantly pick apart a shrimp in some fancy restaurant, as you lay out all stops to impress her and woo her.

I have a different approach. I want to know the 'real girl inside'

The only way to really know is....

- claim the air con is broken

- insist on going to some outdoor Chinese seafood restuarant where you know there is no parking

- circle around at least 5 times and ideally drive past open spots, claiming that they are too small to fit

- when a park is finally found, ensure it is at least 5 min walk away, and ideally actually too small to fit, resulting in the car parked far enough away from the curb, that you could catch a motorcycle taxi from the passenger door to the pavement

- be a gentleman, and walk her to the restaurant, then insist on ordering for her, to ensure she tries 'the best dishes'; if possible take a crazily long time engaging in long and unfocused conversations with the waitresses, asking for the exact source of each individual fish, crab or other item, and detailed discussions on the real estate market, cars and other subjects which the waitress is likely to be lacking knowledge on

- order a bunch of dishes such as Bpoo Mah yahng; Goong Pao; somtam; all of which are either fiddly to eat, incredibly spicy, or preferably both

- after dishes arrive, ensure that any drinks ordered arrive at least 10 min after the food, and make sure she starts eating, ideally unaware of how spicy the food is

End result: a sweaty, starving, frustrated lady....and it is at this point you will see the true colours flown proudly, without needing an additional 200 dates and possibly marriage to know 'what she is really like'.

I am sure it would work equally well in same sex relationships.

The heated seat, while seemingly a small part of the overall strategy, provides some additional element of 'pop' factor along the way. A pounding stereo which can be claimed to be broken resulting in ear splitting volume playing Go West's We Close our eyes (but pre recorded to only be the first 20 seconds looping again and again) would also be an added advantage.

It is for this reason...and this reason alone...that the Ford Ranger is likely to get my hard earned cash.

Finding true love is tough; Fergal Sharkey said it all.

ROFL!

I'm not sure if that fits under sadism or masochism... Leaning towards the latter, especially given the 'Go West' strategy ;) Either way I reckon you're going to end up with a dungeon mistress from it though :D

we close our eyes we never lose a game, imagin...we close our eyes we never lose a game, imagin...we close our eyes we never lose a game, imagin...we close our eyes we never lose a game, imagin...we close our eyes we never lose a game, imagin...

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

The Ranger Wildtrack I looked at mainly was the 3.2 A/T, 4X4 . The 3.2 package is different as the seats are color coded leather and Vynal with orange stipe, 18 inch tires and wheels, Rear bumper, different style roll bar, rear camera, just plain fancier and was told delivery is for April for 3.2 and Feb for 2.2. 2.2 is cloth seats and all over not as fancy but 16" tires and wheels, and not same options at all. I was quoted 1.2 million for 3.2. The orange metalic is worth just going to see!!!

Edited by Backwoods

The Ranger Wildtrack I looked at mainly was the 3.2 A/T, 4X4 . The 3.2 package is different as the seats are color coded leather and Vynal with orange stipe, 18 inch tires and wheels, Rear bumper, different style roll bar, rear camera, just plain fancier and was told delivery is for April for 3.2 and Feb for 2.2. 2.2 is cloth seats and all over not as fancy but 16" tires and wheels, and not same options at all. I was quoted 1.2 million for 3.2. The orange metalic is worth just going to see!!!

Who quoted you 1.2 million? Thats much steeped that the prediction of less than 1.1 million. If ford go stupid like that I doubt they will sell many; most preferring the top model 2.2 in that case.

Who quoted you 1.2 million? Thats much steeped that the prediction of less than 1.1 million. If ford go stupid like that I doubt they will sell many; most preferring the top model 2.2 in that case.

Or top-line Mitsubishi Triton Plus.

I was quoted 1,080,000 baht for 3.2L Wildtrack, although the rep said it was unofficial but he used that figure when we sat down and went through some financing deals.

The first thing I noticed when arriving at the Ford stand (apart from a couple of fit young ladies) was the physical size of the ranger, they're BIG. The finance rates on the show's price list were a heck of alot better than I'd been given the previous day from my local dealer here in Patters ranging from 2.35% upto 3.1% whereas local dealer given 3.75 upto 4.1%. Not bad are they? I know that Mitsu are offering 1.99% and some gobshites here will claim to get much better but generally it's alright.

I managed to get some extras thrown in but not many admittedly. Some of them were 3M window film, mats, plate holder, servicing, coating and por lor bor. Other extras that I would normally ask for are more or less included as standard on Wildtrack it seemed.

Delivery of 2.2L in January (no specific date)

Delivery of 3.2L in March or April

If you're going with the intention of buying make sure to ask for a test drive and do a lap of the carpark. I was suprised about how good the turning was considering size. Still, I won't be letting the missus park in Big C anytime soon, it's a beast. :)

If it was at the show, probably a Ford employee doing some undercover market research ;) I hope Backwoods said words to the effect of "fark that!" :D

There's no way they'll price it that high - the only demographic in Thailand that will pay that much is a small handful of expat Ford disciples.. They simply cannot afford to out-price the top-spec VIGO or D-Max by too much, otherwise it just won't sell at all - no matter what the credentials..

I was quoted 1,080,000 baht for 3.2L Wildtrack, although the rep said it was unofficial but he used that figure when we sat down and went through some financing deals.

The first thing I noticed when arriving at the Ford stand (apart from a couple of fit young ladies) was the physical size of the ranger, they're BIG. The finance rates on the show's price list were a heck of alot better than I'd been given the previous day from my local dealer here in Patters ranging from 2.35% upto 3.1% whereas local dealer given 3.75 upto 4.1%. Not bad are they? I know that Mitsu are offering 1.99% and some gobshites here will claim to get much better but generally it's alright.

I managed to get some extras thrown in but not many admittedly. Some of them were 3M window film, mats, plate holder, servicing, coating and por lor bor. Other extras that I would normally ask for are more or less included as standard on Wildtrack it seemed.

If you're going with the intention of buying make sure to ask for a test drive and do a lap of the carpark. I was suprised about how good the turning was considering size. Still, I won't be letting the missus park in Big C anytime soon, it's a beast. :)

My missus loved our Ford Excursion 6,8 liter V10, one foot wider and 3 foot longer than Ranger it needed 4 parking spots tho :)

Backwoods, was it the 2.2 Wildtrak you were looking at? If yes, are you sure the seats weren't leather?

Backwoods, was it the 2.2 Wildtrak you were looking at? If yes, are you sure the seats weren't leather?

The 2.2L Wildtrak definitely has the leather/webbing chairs.. and it has 17" wheels - so maybe Backwood is comparing to the XLT?

Is that the car park near the tall condos? Do you need to "book" a testdrive in the show first or can you just roll up at the carpark and do a test drive? I hope to get a look at it tomorrow:) Got some commitments today cleaning the house lol