Briton Beaten To Death By Motorcycle Gang In Thailand

Buchholz

British builder, 59, killed in Thailand after biker attack

A British builder who was working in Thailand has died after he was attacked by a group of bikers. Peter Chambers, 59, became involved in a dispute with the group of motorcyclists as he was driving to his home in Chonburi, Thailand. When he got out of his car to confront the men he was savagely attacked.

Mr Chambers, who moved from his home in Basildon, Essex to Thailand, was so badly beaten he fell into a coma and died in hospital two weeks later - the day before his 60th birthday. Thai police are treating his killing as 'death by assault' but have so far not a made any arrests.

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371059/British-builder-59-killed-Thailand-biker-attack.html#ixzz1I5xVwZ23

Daily Mail - March 29, 2011

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Builder, 59, was beaten to death by motorbike gang in Thailand

A FAMILY has paid tribute to a man murdered in Thailand by a gang of yobs. Peter Chambers was savagely attacked by the gang, who were on motorbikes, just yards from his home in Chonburi. The 59-year-old from Basildon, who had been living in the country and working as a builder, had been travelling to his home when he got into a dispute with the thugs.

He got out of his car to confront them, but was attacked. Mr Chambers was badly beaten and was taken to hospital where he remained in a coma for two-weeks. He died two weeks later, the day before his 60th birthday.

His family in south Essex have been left devastated and are still waiting for answers about the death.

Continues:

http://www.basildonrecorder.co.uk/news/echo/8939759.Family___s_tribute_to_man_killed_by_yobs/

Basildon Recorder - March 30, 2011

Can anyone name a single western murder where the perp was arrested, tried, convicted and incarcerated for a suitable period of time?

Anyone?

It just doesn't happen we never see news of the Thais being caught and convicted too much corruption Foreigners are treated like crap.

police are treating his killing as 'death by assault' but have so far not a made any arrests

Why not manslaughter? Don't tell me, "death by assault" is a lesser crime applicable to the death of farangs.

As for the "so far not made any arrests", that is no surprise at all and if his family are waiting for answers, I am sorry but they will have a long wait.

RIP, another sad victim of the mob mentality that is creeping around all corners of the globe.

Can anyone name a single western murder where the perp was arrested, tried, convicted and incarcerated for a suitable period of time?

Anyone?

Ian Beeston

Dale Henry

Toby Charnaud

Just off the top of my head.

Anything else we can help you with, anti-bitterness pills perhaps?

police are treating his killing as 'death by assault' but have so far not a made any arrests

Why not manslaughter? Don't tell me, "death by assault" is a lesser crime applicable to the death of farangs.

No.

There is no 'manslaughter' (as it is known in the West) charge in the Thai judicial system.

huh? They don't catch the people who commit crimes against farang?

I'd have thought that they'd have some mega pressure from the government or international embassies etc to actually do their job.

Or that in general, people wouldn't want to touch farang, the same as they wouldn't touch someone who's hi-so, since they'd know that if you screw with someone who's rich, the cops will actually do their job.

How about this; It was a confrontation between a motorcycle gang and a fellow that pissed them off? What do you think happens if you try to pass the Hells Angels or Satans Choice when they are blocking a road driving illegally two abreast? Not every crime is motivated because someone is a foreigner. Sometimes the victims are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sorry did not read the story but it sounds like it was a Thai bike gang.

I now live part of each week in Ptya and have noticed lately that there are a lot of falang bikers with colors wandering around - something that was prevalent 10 years ago but that seemed to fade but is not making a comeback??? Is it just me suddenly noticing them or do others find that to be the case?

How about this; It was a confrontation between a motorcycle gang and a fellow that pissed them off? What do you think happens if you try to pass the Hells Angels or Satans Choice when they are blocking a road driving illegally two abreast? Not every crime is motivated because someone is a foreigner. Sometimes the victims are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What ya all never heard of outlaw motorcycle clubs.The moto is one for all and all for one.Where i'm originally from if ya get A outlaw

biker,1% pissed off get ready to get your a__ kicked or worse.There are outlaw clubs in Thailand.

Sorry did not read the story but it sounds like it was a Thai bike gang.

It doesn't say, but assumed...

My thoughts exactly. What constitutes a "biker gang"? It could have just been two or more friends who happen to ride motorcycles. Not arguing who's right or wrong, I just don't appreciate labels being thrown around without any sense of responsibility.

While some will call it 'Thai bashing' and others will say 'go home then' blah blah blah... I am with you in the feeling that out here no one gives a dam_n about westerners. so why should I stick up for the Thais? why should I be the one trying my darnedest to be polite, to not offend, to learn Thai customs and Thai ways... why should I?

Where does it say they were Thai bikers?

The story isn't particularly clear at all. First of all, can they be sure of the events that took place if he was in a comma and had no chance to tell. Perhaps there are some witnesses but it does't mention that. We also don't know what the motorcycle gang was doing or why. Or what the foriegner was doing. We also don't know if they mean motorcycle cabbies or the young gangs you see during the night time. Living in Bangkok, these gangs seem to sring up from the slums will usually keep themselves to themselves. Their main point is usually to play a kind of "catch of me if you can" with the traffic police and are usually going far to fast to be of any sustainable trouble to any other road users.

So, a lot of questions left unanswered excpet that this poor man has passed away in the worst of circumstances. RIP.

Ok, one person has been suspended for over the top Thai bashing, and more could be coming if people don't moderate their language and tone here.

Some posts were deleted for the above reasons, as well as those quoting them.

What ya all never heard of outlaw motorcycle clubs.The moto is one for all and all for one.Where i'm originally from if ya get A outlaw

biker,1% pissed off get ready to get your a__ kicked or worse.There are outlaw clubs in Thailand.

You got it. That's likely what happened. You don't piss of a Thai motorbike gang - even less so than a western bike gang, which can be bad enough.

A Thai friend of mine recently got assaulted in CM by a Thai big bike gang. They were never caught, even though a traffic camera was present. He was in the ICU for 2 weeks, and in recovery for another month, now is slowly getting back to normal. With what looks like some permanent damage to his eye. They just kicked his head until he stopped moving. Nobody knows why exactly they got pissed off - he has amnesia and can't remember. But I can vouch for his character as someone who is very unlikely to get in a fight, he is very small and thin even by Thai standards. ***holes were probably drunk (it was 2 am)

So yeah if you do get in a fight with a motorbike gang - bring a gun.

Edited by nikster

There you go then, see there's a reasonable explanation for everything.:whistling:

The 59-year-old from Basildon, who had been living in the country and working as a builder

i thought that 'occupation' was on the CANNOT do list for foreigners in Thailand...... unsure.gif

Perhaps he was a builder living in the country?

I doubt if this was a Thai motorbike gang.

It appears to be that for some reason the English guy became angry at some of the bikers then decided to leave his vehicle and confront them.

Always a bad move in Thailand. Best to take a deep breath and chill out.

The 59-year-old from Basildon, who had been living in the country and working as a builder

i thought that 'occupation' was on the CANNOT do list for foreigners in Thailand...... unsure.gif

Perhaps he was a builder living in the country?

perhaps.. perhaps...

i'm going on the quote, if so then he was surely working in Thailand illegally (& yeah, i know about setting up a Thai company.. blah... blah.. employing Thai's... blah..)

but.. its much like the bar business, set up as Thai but often flauntingly out in view run by farang... I know this does piss of a lot of Thai's who see foreigners 'bending' theses rules...

motive for attack...?

The issue of his being a builder may be just a matter of semantics. Most likely he is a developer, which is different than the Thai definition of a builder. In many countries though he would be referred to as a builder.