Cheap Guesthouses Koh Chang

nikotin888

Hi to all,

i meet a few friends in bangkok in a few weeks(i live in chiang mai) and was thinking to escape the songkran madness and stay a few days on koh chang(cause never been there) prior my friends arrival.

Are there cheap guesthouses in 200-300 baht price range near or at the beach available?

I am happy with a real basic bungalow!

Thx for all replies

mark

If u cant find online & are stuck. You should find a guesthouse for about that price when u go there, depends what beach.

But when we went this new year to White Sand Beach, everywhere on beach fully booked but went into a travel agents next door to "Chang Buri" hotel, they have a guesthouse just up the road they take u too, for about 3 - 400bht/nite for basic, w/ free motorbike rent. 1500bht for nice big bungalows, then on same soi up the hill, theres bunglaows 200ish baht. Sorry cant remember names. This is a short walk to beach. Should be bungalows on the beach for this kind of price on other beaches, try lonely beach maybe.

Cliff cottage in Bangbao is as good as it gets for around 300b anight. It is total relaxation there. They have hammocks overlooking a secluded cove and they are only a short walk from klongkoi beach which is one of the quietest and best beachese on Koh Chang. They have a website cliff-cottage.com When i need to get away thats where i go. I will be there for songkran.