Mountain Bike Fork Rebuild

Bourney0

Hi all, I'm going to spend a couple of months in Chiang Mai to take a break from a world tour by bicycle. But before I go hit the singletrack I'd like to have my fork serviced with new oil and dust wipers. It's a Rockshox Reba Team from 2009. Can any of you recommend a good mechanic for this work? It being a relatively high end fork I'd like to have it done by someone who has experience rebuilding Rockshox forks if possible. I'd do it myself but I don't have the tools...

Also, if any of you trail riders are up for some company on your rides I'd love to join you!

if you don't already have your rebuild kit parts then have to find those first.

Probably Jacky bike, Chittawat and Top Gear in that order best to worst inventory. Might even have to have to ordered. Jacky Bike is a partner of ProBike in BKK.

Can search this forum for bike shop threads for the locations of each shop. Been answered many times.

The best mechanic/shop in town is TCA but they are mostly a Fox Fork/shock place. They might handle the Rock Shox also. Their mechanic is well trained and the shop/tools are top notch.

Hard to find TCA location but it's been documented n previous threads.

Let us know what happens.

your welcome to come riding with me, I prefer single track (lots of Mt. Bikers ride the hi-ways here) and know some places to go. Nothing to technical but nice rides thru rice fields and in the hills 15 km outside of town. I also have a 2 bike rack on the roof of my truck and like to explore new places for a ride.

Hi, sorry for the belated reply. I've been moving in to my room in Chiang Mai and just got my internet hooked up. It's so great to finally be back here!!

CobraSN: Thank you for the advice, I'll take it to TCA for sure, once I have my dust wipers in hand.

JungleChef: I would love to meet up for a ride. PM'd you.

Rikki: Good tip. I have a friend coming to visit from back home so I might have him bring the parts I need.

Chitawat definitely sells RS's. Saw them there yesterday. Can't say if they service them though. I've only had some really really basic stuff done there.

you might want to ask Chitawat and Top gear also. I think I have seen R.S's for sale at Chitawat.

Worldbike is the dealer for SRAM in Thailand. I think they have a shop in CM as well. Try these phone numbers 053-240-106/7/8/9 or 0893027849 or 02-510-1041. If you come to Chiang Rai and want to ride send me a PM. Great trails here with lots of big uphills and down.

Worldbike is the dealer for SRAM in Thailand. I think they have a shop in CM as well. Try these phone numbers 053-240-106/7/8/9 or 0893027849 or 02-510-1041. If you come to Chiang Rai and want to ride send me a PM. Great trails here with lots of big uphills and down.

I'll try them. Thanks!

I found out from Top Gear that the RS distributer in Bangkok will be closed through early May, so I'll be waiting until then.

Chiang Rai: I'll have to see if I can make it up there. Do you have much singletrack or is it all dirt roads?

• 3 months later...