Bocked Drains.

dindong

Hi. I am having some drainage problems in a house we are renovating.

The drain looks like it has been blocked for quite a while and I have tried soda crystals and plunging it without any results.

Anybody know of a good drainage company or anyone who has a set of drain rods.

Thanks

I don't know of any drainage company, nor of anyone who has the snake.

I ran into something like that here. Looked and looked for the clean-out and the access to it. There was neither. The place had been built as if there would never be a chance of drain problems. I cut a hole in the side of the house and then built an access panel to put over it. Then I repaired and replaced the bad section of drain and left myself a way to get at the problems if they happen again.

The little concrete blades and the motor are a handy thing to have around here.

Edited by kandahar

Too bad you haven't access to a pressure washer with flexible hose and shower type head. One thing that could help dislodge a blockage, barring that it isn't a plug of cement blocking the pipe.

When I was in Phayao last month, got a toilet stopped up. Family called someone and had a truck like a roto rooter and long snake from the truck to inside and fixed the problem. Sorry, no idea where he came from but must have been local and has to be that kind of business in Chiangrai I would think.

Too bad you haven't access to a pressure washer with flexible hose and shower type head. One thing that could help dislodge a blockage, barring that it isn't a plug of cement blocking the pipe.

As stated he is renovating so maybe an old house and if they used the concrete pipes then well I have seen blocked drains by tree roots climbing in at the joins. Only way to clear would be a rota rooter/snake as draino wont work.

Too bad you haven't access to a pressure washer with flexible hose and shower type head. One thing that could help dislodge a blockage, barring that it isn't a plug of cement ETCblocking the pipe.

As stated he is renovating so maybe an old house and if they used the concrete pipes then well I have seen blocked drains by tree roots climbing in at the joins. Only way to clear would be a rota rooter/snake as draino wont work.

Thanks, my bad for not placing ETC in my sentence.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would post my conclusion to my blocked drain. I could not find anyone in Chiang Rai that unblocks drains and started searing for the spiral drain cleaner. I eventually found one in Homebase and after a few hours of poking, hot water and some chemicals, I got it cleared.

It was full of what looked liked cooking fat.

The spiral was 350 baht and if anyone wants to borrow one, I will be happy to lend it.

Similar to the one below but only 5 metres.

1065.jpg

Thought I would post my conclusion to my blocked drain. I could not find anyone in Chiang Rai that unblocks drains and started searing for the spiral drain cleaner. I eventually found one in Homebase and after a few hours of poking, hot water and some chemicals, I got it cleared.

The spiral was 350 baht and if anyone wants to borrow one, I will be happy to lend it.

1065.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I keep a list of where is that item!!! With no adverts here to help locate, I try to keep a list of where is what for future issues.

Next is to locate a tap and die set, wish me luck HaHaHa

I bought mine a few years ago on SriNakharin Road near Udom Suk in a sort of a hardware shop.

It took me a long time to find one and my Thai was worse then then it is now.

If I need something such as that nowadays I tend to do a Google search in English and then download a photo and do a Google translate.

Sometimes in Thailand a picture is worth much more than a thousand words.

;)

1065.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I keep a list of where is that item!!! With no adverts here to help locate, I try to keep a list of where is what for future issues.

Next is to locate a tap and die set, wish me luck HaHaHa

Tool shop behind Overbrook, near the corner where they sell fresh fish everyday.Welders and pumps on display outside and at the side. Pretty sure I have seen a tap and die set in there

Good luck