Problems With 3Bb

anon467848

Yes, intermittently, always. Problems with POP3 (across different servers) today. Have been at the same stage for the past 5-6 years regards usability, while the rest of the world zooms on by. The moment they have a bandwidth upgrade, seems they use it for silly d/l speeds to the Indy masses to get the subscriptions in, foregoing those who are paying for some sort of consistency. I can't see that spending X amount of thousands of baht would make any difference. Just one of the quirks of living in this fine land I spose, <deleted> INTERNET!

Have you played with your DNS, op?

Yes, intermittently, always. Problems with POP3 (across different servers) today. Have been at the same stage for the past 5-6 years regards usability, while the rest of the world zooms on by. The moment they have a bandwidth upgrade, seems they use it for silly d/l speeds to the Indy masses to get the subscriptions in, foregoing those who are paying for some sort of consistency. I can't see that spending X amount of thousands of baht would make any difference. Just one of the quirks of living in this fine land I spose, <deleted> INTERNET!

Have you played with your DNS, op?

What changes do you suggest for the DNS..... keep it simple please, I'm not computer savy...

Cheers...

My experience is that changing the DNS settings to OpenDNS or some other such thing does not make the slightest bit of difference on the 3BB 6 MB package. In fact, some websites in Thailand like panthip.com won't open if you change the settings.

Learn to live with it or shop for a better (more expensive) option.

Edited by elektrified

I have had 3BB internet from the beginning and the service has declined over time. Have paid over 1,200 baht a month and often it has been down for days and always goes off for sometime if I receive a call on the land line. Last month I was more than a week late receiving the bill so did not pay by the due date so it was disconnected. Well, it will stay disconnected as I am now getter a better and cheaper service elsewhere.

In fact, some websites in Thailand like pantip.com won't open if you change the settings.

Note that I removed the "h" from your URL, so as not to go to a waste-of-space google-ads site.

I can think of 2 possibilities for such weirdness: Either the website's DNS servers are rubbish/misconfigured, or the likes of opendns might be blocking it *if* it has a reputation for hosting malware (not that I'm saying it has).

Anyway, one or two crappy sites are not an excuse for having your whole DNS run slow. I recommend trying the "unbound" program, and my other tips.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Merlin2002,

Performance of BBB in Nong Hoi area today sucks. Unable to respond to PM's on this forum.

First time in a few months it's been this dog-slow, and dropped connections so frequenty.

best, ~o:37;

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Merlin2002,

Performance of BBB in Nong Hoi area today sucks. Unable to respond to PM's on this forum.

Also had major problems accessing Thaivisa for the last hour or so. International sites also, but sites within Thailand no speed problems.

However, I suspect this is not just 3BB as when I could access Thaivisa, using View New Content, the time between posts where several minutes which suggests others where not getting access.

It seems back to normal for me now.

^4 Theo007...Well, it will stay disconnected as I am now getter a better and cheaper service elsewhere. My 3bb intermittent and declining, too. What new service do you now have, pls? Cheers

Just got back to Canada late last night after the previous 5 months in Thailand. It's sure nice to fire up the computer and actually HAVE internet instead of dial up speed (or slower) intermittentnet that is SUPPOSED to be ADSL.

I sure got tired of typing a paragraph and having to save everything to WORD just to make sure nothing was lost the moment I hit the enter button. It is nice to look at pictures and files my friends send to me that were too slow to even think of downloading. Invariably the timed out and left me looking at a blank screen. Of course, there are many things I love about Thailand and will miss while I'm here in Canada for the next 7 months...just as there are things about Canada that I miss while I'm in Thailand. Fortunately, I can iive a life where I have both... unfortunately, not both at the same time.