Aids In Immigration

asiawatcher

There seems to be more and more 'African' prostitutes frequenting Soi 3 these days. Since African prostitutes have a known high rate of HIV/AIDS (reputedly 90%) why is immigration allowing these people in? The payoff must be huge to certain 'elements' but at the cost of increased AIDS within Thailand which I thought, the authorities was trying to control?

I worked for 3 1/2 years in West Africa, with a major oil company and of those local employees that were actually given a medical, a staggering 17% were found to be HIV. The company did not discriminate on this issue, and it was not a cause for dismissal and personal details were kept private. That was back in 2003.

My own opinion was that any one having sex with locals was like playing Russian Roulette with a 6 shot revolver that had 5 chambers loaded.

So if there really are African sex workers in Thailand then only a mad man would consider any sort of assignation.

And as for Immigration discriminating and refusing entry....No chance, since they manage to let all manner of ne'er do wells, thugs, foreign maffia, convicted sexual deviants and miscreants into Thailand without batting one sleepy eyelid.

But they then have genuine honest retirees, potential investors and people wanting to have a business or simply buy a house, jump through fiery hoops and generally give them the run around.

But hey - its their country......its a shame more Thais do not read and divest the information and opinions expressed on TV...:jap: or maybe not - 'cos we foreigners would then have nothing to moan about.....

Edited by lonewolf99

I worked for 3 1/2 years in West Africa, with a major oil company and of those local employees that were actually given a medical, a staggering 17% were found to be HIV. The company did not discriminate on this issue, and it was not a cause for dismissal and personal details were kept private. That was back in 2003.

My own opinion was that any one having sex with locals was like playing Russian Roulette with a 6 shot revolver that had 5 chambers loaded.

So if there really are African sex workers in Thailand then only a mad man would consider any sort of assignation.

And as for Immigration discriminating and refusing entry....No chance, since they manage to let all manner of ne'er do wells, thugs, foreign maffia, convicted sexual deviants and miscreants into Thailand without batting one sleepy eyelid.

But they then have genuine honest retirees, potential investors and people wanting to have a business or simply buy a house, jump through fiery hoops and generally give them the run around.

But hey - its their country......its a shame more Thais do not read and divest the information and opinions expressed on TV...:jap: or maybe not - 'cos we foreigners would then have nothing to moan about.....

So if there really are African sex workers in Thailand.

Next time you are in Bkk stand at the bus stop at Suk soi 5, or walk round the corner to Foodland, its a regular United Nations these days

Not sure where else in the country they may operate but I don't think their numbers are high enough to catch the attention of immigration. I think there are a lot more Russian working girls here. As for Aids ... does any country ask about this when a tourist and not looking to immigrate?

So if there really are African sex workers in Thailand.

Next time you are in Bkk stand at the bus stop at Suk soi 5, or walk round the corner to Foodland, its a regular United Nations these days

I know - but I have held back on making direct accusations about other ethnic groups - if I put down a lot more facts that I know about this subject the global mods would be all over me like a rash and get me banned...TV is always so PC

Sex for sale / Drug smuggling / criminal activities and corruption pretty much go hand in hand.

But....this life we choose....in the LOS !

The issue of sex does not even arise among the bureaucrats. I was chatting to a very senior civil servant and his main concern was that at least 90% of the black African immigrants are thought to be involved in the illegal drugs trade. The Police consider this a nightmare since they find it difficult to infiltrate and convict.

The spread of AIDS by a few dozen people is neither here nor there.

Maybe the OP could have been worded much better, but the question that could possibly be raised:

The right for the host country to have all visitors declare if they are HIV positive or not on their immigration card....

Debate as you will, however, please be aware that transgretions of forum rules could lead to the topic being locked etc.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I'm not sure what immigration can do about any person coming to Thailand to work in an illegal trade. You cannot ban people from visiting simply because they come from a poorer country. Singapore is highly critical of Thai women coming into the country and they cannot stop the many Thai women there from being working girls there. What can immigration really do unless the person gets caught lying or admits their intent at immigration? Many (if not all) of the country's citizens in Africa already cannot travel to Thailand without a visa. So, they are at least having to gain permission to come to Thailand.