Sophon Cable Tv Question

daveb1

We are just signing up for Sophon cable TV in Pattaya for a few extra channels to watch in the bedrooms, the lady at Sophon told me they don't supply cable box's just points so I am a bit confused how it works? Is the signal from sophon the sameas a TV Ariel and you tune in each channel separately on your TV or does it work some other way? Can someone who has it explain please thanks?

Edited by daveb1

• 8 months later...

What he said but keep retuning occasionally cos they add new channels now and then and don't say anything, they have just added 3 new sports channels

And this morning the channels are all over the place.

Many channels not there, some duplicates. I suspect a channel realoccation is ongoing, unanounced as far as I can tell. Gee thanks sophon.

Ah... Sophon TV... something from Thailand's "good old times" that still remains, eh?

This weird monopoly they have over Pattaya has always amazed me. Old-school analog RF cable, no one does this anymore. Crappy quality, a whole bunch of channels for a few bahts per month, making me wonder whether they pay the redistribution fees they would be supposed to pay (probably not).

TiT wai.gif

I do not have that specific system as am in Bangkok but have local cable and if main computer has a power glitch the channels can be mixed up until they reprogram one at a time to the correct frequency. I would wait a day or two before doing any adjustment at set. Also if they have web site check there to see latest channel lineup.

Auto-tune often is not completely effective as some may be moved to keep same type of programming together and during tune process stray signals can sometimes be picked up as a channel so throws numbers off.

Also if they have web site check there to see latest channel lineup.

I compiled a complete Sophon Channel list yesterday. but it's not 100% accurate anymore as Sophon is doing more reshuffling and adding more channels, http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4942318

I will edit the list after the new years, after Sophon is done with the reshuffling. So keep tuned ;)

Edited by MJCM