No Stock @ 7/Eleven Or Fam.Mart

Yaroon79

Greetings,First my apologies if there is is already posted, page 1 and 2 dont have anything on this though

Anybody know why these shops are lacking stock of diary products, water and some other items? Due to the flooding perhaps?

The Russians by everything.

I saw a family walk out of a 7/11 at Kata with a 12 pack of water and take it to the beach.

65 baht for 12 is better than 20 baht for one of a beach vendor,it's a Russian mindset.

I was wondering the same thing. I went to 2 different 7-11s today and then Tesco L.

I was not concerned with the lack of milk or Coke products. But, when I saw the absence of BEER I got worried. :huh: ……so what’s up with it anyway?

I'll spell it out for you, because I'm a nice guy. There was BAD (really not that bad) flooding on the road from Bangkok (where all the stuff comes from) to Phuket.

So your mission critical diary (I'm sure you meant dairy) products (which should be refrigerated) were better off waiting then spoiling on the trip down.

Edited by BillR

I'd been wondering the same for a week now. At first i thought 7/11 co were trying to emulate Soviet era supermarkets, but then i realised it was due to the floods. I've requested my butler helicopter in my daily dairy products henceforth.

Same reason why I could not get any cooking oil at Big C yesterday although the shelves were filled with palm oil which I don't like to use. The butter shelf was almost empty. Don't expect it to improve soon with Songkran drawing near.

2012 may not turn out to be the cataclysmic event portrayed in the movie but the effects of peak oil will certainly effect supply & demand to a much greater degree than what we are seeing now.

Just checked. Have strawberry milk, which isn't the same, but its still delicious. Plenty of cheese which makes me suspicious. Also, whole wheat bread a plenty, but I don't believe their claims.