Can Gasohol 95 Damage My Bike?

Big Guns

I picked up my new Vespa 300 GTS Super Sport on Wednesday and the dealer filled it with 91 petrol not gasohol. I've always put 91 petrol in my Kawasaki ER6n and it runs fine. However, the engine on the Vespa doesn't seem to run smoothly when stationary. I checked the manual and it said to use minimum grade 95. The manual doesn't mention gasohol, however I don't think gasohol is sold in Europe and after all its an Italian bike. So the question is should I use gasohol 95 and can it damage my Vespa?

I wouldnt risk it.

I ran out of fuel on a harley the other day and they were out of 91 petrol so I had to put 95 gashol in and blew the rear head gasket 15 mins down the road.

Yet I have ran gashol in 10 year old sports every once and a while when the service station has been out of 91 petrol.

If bike isnt marked with E10 gasohol, I wouldnt risk it. Use 91 petrol and ad octane booster to achieve required 95 octane.

In emergency, use Shell V-Power 95 containing 6% ethanol, less than 10 % as in gasohol E10.

V-Power 95 has 10% ethanol according to www.shell.co.th.

If bike isnt marked with E10 gasohol, I wouldnt risk it. Use 91 petrol and ad octane booster to achieve required 95 octane.

In emergency, use Shell V-Power 95 containing 6% ethanol, less than 10 % as in gasohol E10.

sh-t, sorry it used to be no ethanol, then 6% and now obviously 10%. Not easy for non gasohol bikes and cars anymore

Octane booster can be purchased in Supersave and most big bike shops, and the blend is printed on the bottles

If bike isnt marked with E10 gasohol, I wouldn't risk it. Use 91 petrol and ad octane booster to achieve required 95 octane.

sh-t, sorry it used to be no ethanol, then 6% and now obviously 10%. Not easy for non gasohol bikes and cars anymore

Octane booster can be purchased in Supersave and most big bike shops, and the blend is printed on the bottles

It has been 10% for awhile now. I have all the details now for O rings and tubing that can handle ethanol and not have any porosity problems. I will be converting my Ducati over to it in the future. I've ran V Power 95 and the Ducati EFI seems to handle it okay, but I will setting up a lambda sensor to help match the mapping..

Unless I start hearing my engines start pinging I'm sticking with 91. There's no other reason to run 95.

So does mine as well. I'm not after every bit of horsepower and generally fill up at PTT anywhere I go on their Benzine 91. Cheap insurance for the fuel system and engine. My conversion will be a safe guard action. Much as people talk about using octane booster. They are too inconsistent, especially by the user, unless they mix it in a drum to spec before filling their fuel tank..