Pheu Thai MPs To Meet Thaksin In Dubai

webfact

Pheu Thai MPs to Meet Thaksin in Dubai

Key members of the opposition Pheu Thai Party have flown to Dubai to discuss election strategies with ousted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

A group of Pheu Thai Party's key members are visiting self-exiled former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in Dubai, to discuss policies and issues on the upcoming election, including the selection of party-list candidates.

The group consists of Thaksin's younger sister Yingluck Shinawatra, former Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat and his wife Yaowapha, Chiang Mai MP and Somchai's close aid Boonsong Teriyabirom, and others who once held important positions in the now-defunct Thai Rak Thai and People Power parties.

They are expected to return this weekend.

Meanwhile, the Pheu Thai Party has announced three party-list candidates including Sanoh Thianthong, General Pracha Phromnok, and Police General Sereephisut Taemeeyaves.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-04-08

footer_n.gif

Maybe they could be held on conspiracy with a fugitive charges, or some kind of conspiracy charge, I mean, technically he is a fugitive on the run, or aiding and abiding..............

Edited by REM

The political whores meeting their pimp - hope for a freak meteor crash.

That is a defamatory statement if ever I saw one! Nothing like setting the tone of the debate - er sorry, vitriol.

The political whores meeting their pimp - hope for a freak meteor crash.

That is a defamatory statement if ever I saw one! Nothing like setting the tone of the debate - er sorry, vitriol.

Actually he seems to be related to most on the list except for their aides and retainers. I note Payup or else is not included, Thaksin wanted the family members who can think.

I also suspect there may be a family pow wow and then full court press to lean on Yingluck to take the job, since she is the only one with a brain that they can trust, left not banned....

Of course noting that various brothel and soapy owners are in positions of power, it's not so much of a insult to call these people whores.

Prostitute

a person who willingly uses his or her talent or ability in a base and unworthy way, usually for money.

That kind of definition can travel wide in the Thai political world....

Edited by animatic

I note Payup or else is not included, Thaksin wanted the family members who can think.

Nepotism has its limits and that's Payup's disqualifier.

I'm having less faith that we'll hear one day soon, "and the PM candidate's first initial is "P"...

Shame really, that campaign slogan of his was terrific.

I note Payup or else is not included, Thaksin wanted the family members who can think.

I'm having less faith that we'll hear one day soon, "and the PM candidate's first initial is "P"...

... and terrifying.

... and terrifying.

I do have increasing faith that we will hear one day soon, "and the PM candidate's first initial is "Y"...

:ph34r:

Edited by Buchholz

Love it how he still has the obsessives fawning over him.

Some of them being family-members, or hoping to get his support for their own political-dreams, but yes it does rather damage the projected-image of PTP as being a 'democratic' political-party, rather than one man's band. B)

... and terrifying.

I do have increasing faith that we will hear one day soon, "and the PM candidate's first initial is "Y"...

:ph34r:

Good luck with Yingluck.

Great slogan, but most of the target audience doesn't have enough english.

Chockdee gap puying Chick-a-Dee

Edited by animatic

The Red Shirts and Peau Thai have moved on from Thaksin. It's no longer about him. It's about the divide between rich and poor.

:rolleyes:

Yes, the nouveau riche Thaksin crew wants to continue to get more rich.

Even if the must use the poor to do it, and even talk to some of them for show, occasionally.

Edited by animatic

A group of Pheu Thai Party's key members are visiting self-exiled former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in Dubai, to discuss policies and issues on the upcoming election, including the selection of party-list candidates.

As Dubai has asked k. Thaksin before to tone down his political actions I expect a modification 'visit for Songkhran greetings'

From 2010-12-26:

"In a separate development, at least a dozen Pheu Thai Party MPs are heading to Dubai to meet Thaksin.

Pheu Thai secretary-general Suphon Fongngam said yesterday a group of 10 MPs would leave Thailand this evening while other MPs representing each part of the country would go to see Thaksin later.

Suphon denied that the MPs would be discussing with Thaksin on who the new party leader should be. He said it was their tradition to visit Thaksin for the New Year season's greetings."

Eye candy in Thai politics. Well they've tried everything else. Who knows, might get some extra votes!

253437.jpg

Chicks a dee do daa, chicks a dee ay,

My oh, my what a wonderful day,

Plenty of sunshine heading our way,

Chicks a dee do daa chicks a dee ay

But there's nothing wrong with that!