Typcial Thai Wages/salary

zzdocxx

• 2 years later...

1,000 Baht a month just ain't right..... I rather pay someone more and feel good about myself. So many people work here for barely anything. We are fortunate enough to live here, we should really share the wealth, even if its just a little bit. But 1,000 baht a month is truly a pittance.

University Grad 6-8,000

I always wonder when I see numbers like this...Are you sure these numbers are current?

I don't know any of the people who graduated from the University I went to here making this little. The lowest salary I have heard any of my Thai friends received at there first job was 15,000.

Most of them were able to find a job making 20,000-30,000; granted they needed to do a good search to find the jobs in this range. From my conversations with them, if they were willing to take a job in the 15,000 to 20,000 range it seemed like the jobs were a dime a dozen.

Edited: Just noticed this post was from 2005, I guess that answers my question...

Edited by CWMcMurray

• 3 years later...
street copper . .I think I read it was around 9,000 (plus 90,000 in bribes)

If I understood a drunken conversation correctly an army major (or was it the captain?) was on a salary on 10,000 baht/month. Probably had 'other business interests' to support his lifestyle.

Thais don't seem to be as uptight as westerners when it comes to discussing income.

doubt the 10.000 Baht/month. One of my staff had to go to the army and is the lowest of the lowest there and gets something like 7 or 8.000 per month+the clothes+food. I doubt that a major gets only 2000 more.