Fantasea Show

rickthailand

Worth seeing once. Don't pay for the show and meal, the meal is a rip off.

I thought the buffet meal might have improved by now.Tried the meal the first year it opened, not to be recommended back then. Seems like still the same poor value for money, plus the long queues every time you go for some food.

IMHO The Show is Fantastic and worth every Baht,and rates International as Top Class Entertainment,

The Buffet gives a lot of choice for the money,and caters for all tastes.

A definate not to be missed Show.

IMHO The Show is Fantastic and worth every Baht,and rates International as Top Class Entertainment,

Someone who works in the tourism industry for sure ^

Just save your money, there is a Fantasea type show place opening on the bypass in Phuket Town, just next to the outlet. It's by Boat Lagoon so you can expect international quality AND management AND customer support. It's been said there will be some water games as well(small water park).

Completion is due this summer and it will be worth saving your $ and not fueling this rip off company who probably mistreats animals like most thai owned ones.

Just save your money, there is a Fantasea type show place opening on the bypass in Phuket Town, just next to the outlet. It's by Boat Lagoon so you can expect international quality AND management AND customer support. It's been said there will be some water games as well(small water park).

Completion is due this summer and it will be worth saving your $ and not fueling this rip off company who probably mistreats animals like most thai owned ones.

Most people would agree that the food is not good value for money but the show is well worth a look.

Care to elaborate on your claims, that the company is a rip off?

(Bet you anything, that the new will never come close, to being as succesful as the original one)

Rick - it depends what you want. It is a mish-mash of theatrical events. Dance. Magic. Acrobatics. Animal zoo. Thrills and spills. And 100s of lights with 100s of colors. There is little connection with what happens from one scene to the next.

If you are pleased by excess and extravagance then go. As was said, it is worth seeing once. Your jaw will drop. And if you are like me you will wonder what wonderful things could have been done with such fabulous space and technical tackle.

If you find animals being used in a circus fashion then don't go.

There are moments. The white costumed high wire artists are stunning. And many performers are obviously highly skilled.

But it's The Lion King meets Magic Man bumps into Jungle Book crashing into National Geographic.

If you were stoned it might be hilarious. The highlight for me, in a sober state, was a group of chickens scampering across the stage. Their determination to get off the stage as soon as possible was watched with some sympathy.

Maybe they were following the director and creator.

I have been and it was awesome.

Granted we bought tickets at the travel fair in BKK but I think it would have been easily worth what they were asking. If you are a tourist it would rate high on my "should see" list for an evening out.

BTW the buffet didn't have lines and was decent when we went (a couple of years ago) and the upcharge to our travel fair tickets was only 150 each ;)

I have never worked in Thailand,let alone in the Tourist Industry,and I have not one single Baht to gain,from my opinion.

Please try not to be so negative,with everyone,some of us try and be helpful,to other Members of TV,and give an honest appraisal.

So definately not "for sure" eh?

And i'm very pleased you are "not british"

hi thanks for all the responses i guessmy friends and me will go watch the show, our hotel quoted us 1.500 baht per

person with food does that sound reasonable? also does anyone know the price without the meal as the

hotel can only arrange it including dinner.

rick

hi thanks for all the responses i guessmy friends and me will go watch the show, our hotel quoted us 1.500 baht per

person with food does that sound reasonable? also does anyone know the price without the meal as the

rick

As people have stated above.

See the show but avoid the food.

rick

Sounds like a reasonable price, good seats will cost you that much without the meal

Booking through the hotel you will get good seats

rick

Sounds like a fun night out Rick, go for it.

P.S. post an after review here for us.

re for edit:P.S.

Edited by grumpyoldman

rick

1600 was a common price not too long ago (3 years) so that seems fine. Please post after you have been to give your current assessment of the show and meal :)

I went in 08. It was amazing! Go for a unique experience.

Yes, they took our cameras and mobile phones from us, but the collection and return were very quick and efficient. That was about the 6th time my son had been and he reckoned that was his last. He still enjoyed it, I might add. We ate before we went. I detest queueing and get acutely unbearable :whistling:

Don't know how the Thais train their chickens. Would love a tutorial...

If my memory serves me well, at one stage there were 16 elephants on stage.

I wasn't too impressed at the tourists paying to bottle feed tiger cubs. However, we can't impose Western values on animal management on the Thais. I remember as a child riding on the elephants at Taronga Zoo in Sydney in Oz. Until recent years, there were some very primitive enclosures with limited enrichment at this world class zoo. It's a matter of education and understanding. We were pretty much the same until recent decades. It's also a cultural difference that may never be resolved.

The Thais sure have a special relationship with their elephants.

This show is the reason me and my family were not on the beach on PhiPhi the morning of the tsunami. We wen't the night before and I decided we would go to PhiPhi the 27th instead.

I don't remember what we were paid, but it was a good show and my 18 month old son enjoyed it. It's a once only affair though:)

20 posts so far, and only one negative one.

Perhaps it is you who works in the tourism industry! Perhaps you have a stake in the new one opening soon?? :whistling:

I went in 08. It was amazing! Go for a unique experience.

Yes, they took our cameras and mobile phones from us, but the collection and return were very quick and efficient. That was about the 6th time my son had been and he reckoned that was his last. He still enjoyed it, I might add. We ate before we went. I detest queueing and get acutely unbearable :whistling:

Don't know how the Thais train their chickens. Would love a tutorial...

If my memory serves me well, at one stage there were 16 elephants on stage.

I wasn't too impressed at the tourists paying to bottle feed tiger cubs. However, we can't impose Western values on animal management on the Thais. I remember as a child riding on the elephants at Taronga Zoo in Sydney in Oz. Until recent years, there were some very primitive enclosures with limited enrichment at this world class zoo. It's a matter of education and understanding. We were pretty much the same until recent decades. It's also a cultural difference that may never be resolved.

The Thais sure have a special relationship with their elephants.

Yeah, they steal them from their moms, they humiliate them and then they beat the shit out of them untill they cant do anything but submit and lose their love of life.

http://www.google.co.th/search?q=phaajaan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I went to PhantaSea in July 2002. It was actually pretty good food (although I was not able to eat much at the time, what I chose to eat was actually quite good). The show, which also was created with the help of Disney special effects and choreographers was actually quite nice to see. There was so much going on though all over the place and was rather disjointed. Part of this could have been my own state at the time. However, I was a good show and, yes, I would like to go to see it again sometime should I get back to Phuket. Having been there once, I also have learned since then the many things that I also missed while there. I would go to the lesser-known places (shrines, temples, museums, etc) were I to return there some day. I was fortunate to have a native Thai friend get to to the better eating places as well and this was a great dividend.

Yes, see the show, eat the food and enjoy yourself.

so they still collect cameras and cell phones at the door?

Yes they do. You can put in an alternative pocket if you want.

It was a good show i thought I did not get the buffet, so could not comment on it. I recommend your own transportation if it is just you and a friend (motorbike or car). You'll be in and out quickly. The mini-bus costs extra, and you may have to wait up to an hour after the show is finished to leave, PLUS the transport time back. I guess maybe it might be worth it if you stay far away. I was staying in Patong Beach at the time.

GO EARLY. If the show starts at 19:00, do your best to arrive ARRIVE 2 hours prior. There are things to do prior to the show starting. Certainly not siam city park, but there are a few activities that you may not want to miss.

Edited by 4evermaat

I've been to the show a couple of times over the past 8 years. I think that for a tourist attraction, it is definitely worth a visit, and the admission price is reasonable.

BTW, as someone who works in the tourist industry, the admission price is fixed by Fantasea, not by their selling agents. So the price should be the same wherever you book, (although the shuttle bus fee will depend upon where your hotel is located).

Simon

Well I suppose it is nice to see that people are easily pleased. The show is like a visit to the latest Mall. WOW. The lights. The size. The crowds. The spectacle. The vast emptiness of anything significant.But as an old artist said in Malaysia: the temples and theatres are empty. Everyone is in a Mall. So if you love all that is a Mall, you will love Fantasea.

I've been to the show a couple of times over the past 8 years. I think that for a tourist attraction, it is definitely worth a visit, and the admission price is reasonable.

BTW, as someone who works in the tourist industry, the admission price is fixed by Fantasea, not by their selling agents. So the price should be the same wherever you book, (although the shuttle bus fee will depend upon where your hotel is located).

Simon

So why is is 1600baht on fantasea's website or at the game

1300 down to 1000 on different agents? Definitely not left over tickets, it's 100% full

Simon

So why is is 1600baht on fantasea's website or at the game

1300 down to 1000 on different agents? Definitely not left over tickets, it's 100% full

agenst have 30-40% commission

The truth? end of season some agents dont pay Fantasea at all and keep all money