Lost Passport

Dont know if this is the right place to ask ,but he is from Pattaya ,a friend has just rung me and said he has lost his passport while on holiday in the UK ,not a major problem as he is getting a replacement within the next week ,but he had his "retirement" visa in his old passport as he lives here ,the question is will he be able to get it replaced when he goes up to immegration ? anyone know the answer so i can ring him.

It'd be nice if he had a xerox copy of the retirement extension that was in his old passport but probably not necessary. (Always a good idea to copy new entries in the passport.)

Hope he also has a police report, even from the UK, Thai Immigration will probably want to see such.

And on balance, he'll probably be OK, "probably" being the operative word here.

Mac

The immigration office will have copies of the documents they prepared for his retirement visa originally, which will include a copy of his old passport. He should try to get hold of some paperwork from UK confirming his passport was stolen. I know I was able to transfer my retirement visa from my old expired passport to a new passport but I had both of them available for the visa office to see. I would think it can be done however. Good luck.

As some of the more erudite members of this forum have said - there is no such thing as a retirement visa.

If your friend has:

1. A non-immigrant O-A visa issued by the Thai embassy in London for the purpose of retirement,

then that was lost along with his passport.

2. If an extension of his permit to stay for retirment purposes,

then that can usually be entered into his new passport.

As posted above he will probably need a UK police report of his passport being lost,

and as much detail as possible on when, where, etc. his extension was issued.

As some of the more erudite members of this forum have said - there is no such thing as a retirement visa.

If your friend has:

1. A non-immigrant O-A visa issued by the Thai embassy in London for the purpose of retirement,

then that was lost along with his passport.

2. If an extension of his permit to stay for retirment purposes,

then that can usually be entered into his new passport.

As posted above he will probably need a UK police report of his passport being lost,

and as much detail as possible on when, where, etc. his extension was issued.

Thanks

thats why i put retirement in apostrophys, i assumed everyone would know what i meant :)