Bike Rental Recomendation

jay1980

I will be in Chang Mai for a couple of days later in April.

Could anyone recommend a decent and fair place to rent a small motorcycle for a 2 days.

Will be staying on Ratchawong Rd.

It is my first time in Chang Mai so any recommendations of must see things would also be welcome, would like to see the city and a little of the surrounding countryside.

Many thanks

When I first moved to Chiang Mai (about 6 weeks ago), I rented a bike from Tony's Big Bike while I decided what to buy. Was pleased with the service and the bike. I'd recommend it with no hesitation. Despite the name, they have small bikes/scooters as well. It is located at 17 Ratchamankha Rd. (Tel: 053207124), just inside the moat.

Best to you and hope you enjoy CM.

David

I would agree, you can do a lot worse than talk to Tony or Jeff. A friend of mine rented from them at the end of last year, he did have some problems but an amicable agreement was reached and he left very happy. If you google motorcycle rent in Chiang Mai you will find one or two close by that have an unenviable reputation.

Firstly, head over to the forum attached to www.gt-rider.com

Tony's Big Bikes are good, run by a couple of Brits (we won't hold that against them) so the bikes tend to be better maintained then most rental fleets. Negative is that,at least when I was last in CNX they only had older cruiser style bikes, while most other stores have Kwaka ER6s and D-Trackers.

Lots of guys seem to like Mr Mechanic, but I can not sat if that is because of the quality of the bikes or the girls working in the store. I rented an XR250 from them 5 years ago and it was <deleted>, and still in their rental fleet.

For XR250s CP Rental near Spotlight Agogo is good. Also Mr Beer is pretty good.

Most guys in the know say to steer clear of Pop Rental.

Cheers,

Daewoo

Another vote for me for Tony's big Bikes, the guys in there are good guys and will look after you well. If they don't have any small bikes for some reason, I would recommend "A's" car rentals near tapae gate, the main reason being that they helped my friend that had an accident last week on one of his bikes, the guy that hit her decided he wanted money from the falang, the owner of A's came and sorted it out for her.

This is Jeff from TBB - thanks for the votes of confidence guys (yes, even you Daewoo!).

To the OP - swing by when you are in town or call in advance and we'll do our best to help you both with a bike and with a few sight-seeing suggestions. Semi-automatic bikes (Dreams/Waves) are 150THB/day and full autos (Airblade/Click/Hayate) are between 200 - 250THB/day.

Cheers,

Pikey.

This is Jeff from TBB - thanks for the votes of confidence guys (yes, even you Daewoo!).

To the OP - swing by when you are in town or call in advance and we'll do our best to help you both with a bike and with a few sight-seeing suggestions. Semi-automatic bikes (Dreams/Waves) are 150THB/day and full autos (Airblade/Click/Hayate) are between 200 - 250THB/day.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Will give you a call when I am in Thailand next week, Thanks to you and all the other posters for the advise.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Just to say, rented 2 small bikes from TBB and was really happy with the service, didn't meet Jeff but Tony is a great guy and also the Thai lady was very helpful.

Really enjoyed Chiang Mai and will be back for longer next time.

cheers