What Are We Planning For Songkran?

Boater

Yes...missed one great category. Stock up yesterday and don't leave home all week! Oh...and drink beer...

Exactly !!!

The fridge and freezer are full.

My Songkran experience is limited to a visit from family members who come to pay their respects and throw a thimble of scented water over my left shoulder muttering sawatdee pimai.

It's a great time for small children but that's it.

Yermanee

cycling; same as last year but new location - now Chanthaburi 20km each way to the beach; they can throw as much water as they like, I'll accept just a few alcoholic offerings, get my face painted if offered, and remember not to wear a good white t-shirt this year.

Can't beat it, don't want to sit inside and try to avoid it

Get out of the country and don't come back until it's finished.

If you live in a major metro area, not bad advise. If like us, and are outside a bit...sit in the back yard in the pool and have a beer. You'd never know it was Songkran...

cycling; same as last year but new location - now Chanthaburi 20km each way to the beach; they can throw as much water as they like, I'll accept just a few alcoholic offerings, get my face painted if offered, and remember not to wear a good white t-shirt this year.

I really love the sound of that!

Here in BKK my cycling is limited to 30 minutes morning and evening around the village. It's way too dangerous to go out on the main roads.

Enjoy your trip!

I plan on getting drunk and loading the family up in the pickup and drive around throwing water on everyone.

I mean c'mon a week-long, nation-wide, wet T-shirt competion for new years. Why doesn't every place do this?