Pvc Garden Set

Joop50

My misses and I looked around here and there but is there no more choise than Home pro or Index?Index do have good quality but the prices are even higher as in Europe. Home pro has little choise. We need full PVC so we can keep it outside for the biggest part of the year.

Global House, Home Sukkapan?

Are you sure PVC is the right way to go?

Doesn't it become brittle and yellow with the UV/heat/sunlight?

David

Don't bother with PVC. I bought a set of 4 (A quality) garden chairs and like David said, after only a year they became yellow and brittle. A girl with a large derriere sat on one of the chairs and it broke.

I bought mine from one of the Indian run shops on Chiang Moi Rd. It looks like it needs replacing now but bought over 10yrs ago and used every day. Outside but in shade.

They had a choice of quality when I bought and told me which would last longest but generally you can tell the quality by looking but it will only be obvious if you can compare.

Price is negotiable and they are pretty aware of their competition from the big shops and the pricing there, so you can probably get a better deal.

My advice is, don`t buy a plastic table and chairs garden set.

10 years and more ago, the quality of materials were much superior then they are today.

After a short while the plastic exposed to the weather, (heat and rain) turns brittle, cracks and crumbles.

I bought a heavy concrete garden table with matching bench seats. These can be left outside in all weathers, come in many styles and colors. Had ours for 8 years and still as good as new.

These can be bought from many shops all around Chiang Mai, start from 800 baht up to about 2000 baht.

post-110219-0-12898300-1302825681_thumb.

post-110219-0-83470100-1302825705_thumb.

post-110219-0-19932200-1302825717_thumb.

I don't think you can get the good quality concrete sets for 800 anymore - maybe 8 years ago. I believe that they start at around 1500-2000 for the most basic sets sold by the Burmese vendors (that crack almost immediately). A good quality set starts at 2800 on up to 5000+. I think we paid about 3000 for ours which included delivery. It is constructed very well.

Basically - you get what you pay for.

Thanks for your responses. We went to the Makro today and bought a big formica table with alu legs and 6 good pvc chairs. Not a bad deal, 3700 baht. Next party will not take place on the floor anyway. And my next step will be to let all eat as much as possible at the same time. ;)

Edited by Joop50